Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Record midi from BM3 to Xequence 2

I have a track in x2 setup to receive midi from bm3. The bm3 track is setup to send to x2. I also tried sending midi from bm3 to all midi ports. X2 will not record the midi no matter what I’ve tried. I consulted the manual. But none of the examples really fit what I’m doing.
Can anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• If you're sending from BM3 to "Xequence Destination", then:

• make sure "Xequence Destination" is enabled in Xequence's settings -> MIDI / Recording -> MIDI Input -> Sources
    • Do NOT select a Multitrack Recording Source for the track (set it to "None").
    • Make sure Multitrack Recording is DISABLED ("Two arrows" toggle in the top toolbar)

Now try again and let me know if it works... If not, then it may be a bug / misconfiguration in BM3.

• Ok I got x2 to record.... something. It records the midi but it’s all on one note in x2. I am trying to record a midi drum track from bm3.

• As far as I remember, BM3 handles drums different to other Apps.
    But cannot remember details right now.

Anyway, I'm curious to why you try it this way, and not the other way around?

• I want to get some of my projects out of bm3 so I don’t have to use it anymore.

• @Antkn33 said:
    I want to get some of my projects out of bm3 so I don’t have to use it anymore.

Hehe, understood :)

I vaguely remember that MIDI file export was promised multiple times but never done.
    Such a BASIC feature.

Intua....

• @Antkn33 said:
    Ok I got x2 to record.... something. It records the midi but it’s all on one note in x2. I am trying to record a midi drum track from bm3.

BM3 MIDI for drums is different to other apps that use notes. :disappointed:

• Don’t bother ,it’s broken looooong time ago ... every pad sends C4....
    It works only for single pad on key mode .
    Plus selecting all channels for midi out ,sends the note to all channels. It doesn’t make sense , I thought it would bind with the midi in setting : pad per channel ...

For anyone hoping that the BM3 will get an update on a month , send a bug report to the dev....

• Bummer.