Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Q: Rolling your own channel strip

Audio damage’s Channel strip has a gate eq and compressor. Does the forum have any thoughts on rolling your own version of a channel strip?

I, in the past, usually end up slapping FAC Maxima on each track to level out the dynamics for each part, but have recently switched to Korverpressor.
Also I was using 4pockets GraphicEQ after I saw @thesoundtestroom Doug’s video to give each instrument some air.
After about 7-8 channels though things start to get a little crackley. Would a more minimal but functional AD channel strip do the same for most situations?

Thanks

Comments

• @audiblevideo 4pockets Visual Eq has a built in compressor.

• That is the big question...
    I completed the 4Pockets Vocalist 1 bundle yesterday after seeing Doug go crazy with the Harmonizer :)
    The De-Esser has a Gate on it...

Also I fell for the FabFiler Bundle so building a custom channel strip is quite easy and I love the fact they they didn't hold back on the gains(+/-36db).

But now that Eventide has entered the iOS 'market' there's hope for the likes of 'UltraChannel' or 'EChannel'.
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/utility/pitch-delay/ultrachannel

• @stormbeats said:
    @audiblevideo 4pockets Visual Eq has a built in compressor.

Do me a favor put it on 7+ channels of audio (with midi driving things) and tell me if it’s performant :)

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:
    That is the big question...
    I completed the 4Pockets Vocalist 1 bundle yesterday after seeing Doug go crazy with the Harmonizer :)
    The De-Esser has a Gate on it...

Also I fell for the FabFiler Bundle so building a custom channel strip is quite easy and I love the fact they they didn't hold back on the gains(+/-36db).

But now that Eventide has entered the iOS 'market' there's hope for the likes of 'UltraChannel' or 'EChannel'.
    https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/utility/pitch-delay/ultrachannel

Exactly this!!
    Plus a proper downward expander, like the iOS built-in AUv3 by Apple.
    When Audio Damage released the channel strip I thought "wow, finally" but it was too bare bones unfortunately. I had hoped for at least something like the channel strip in Auria Pro, but I don't do in-depth fine tuning on iOS anyway (yet) ;)

• @rs2000 said:

When Audio Damage released the channel strip I thought "wow, finally" but it was too bare bones unfortunately. I had hoped for at least something like the channel strip in Auria Pro, but I don't do in-depth fine tuning on iOS anyway (yet) ;)

The Cubasis built-in Channel Strip and Waves Audiotrack (IAP) are quite nice but it's only available in Cubasis.

The AD channel strip is nice but man I wish it was possible to ZOOM the UI, at least on the iPad and why the 'ultra-black' colours?!(And where are the proper in & out meters?).

Also the iOS built-in AUv3 Dynamics Processor (Not all AUv3 hosts show this as it lacks proper UI) is pretty good.
    It does gating, compression, expansion and limiting all in one...(easy to try out in GarageBand).

Oh well, guess in due time we'll get what we all want :)