Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Korg Synths are on sale 50% off

All the Korg synths seem to have just gone to 50% off

«13

Comments

  • :+1:

    What's everyone's favourite? Thinking polysix or monopoly but I hear good things about wavestation?

  • @BroCoast said:
    :+1:

    What's everyone's favourite? Thinking polysix or monopoly but I hear good things about wavestation?

    I think consensus is monopoly sounds better than polysix.

    I love monopoly but don’t have polysix. Definitely nice and analogy.

    Do you have Odyssei? It is my fave of the Korg analogs.

    Wavestation. I think it really depends on if you like that style synth. I use it in projects, albeit sparingly. Some people love it, though.

  • Worth to note s that all other Korg Synths except iM1 and iWaveStation allow full patch editing In Gadget and well Odysseei is missing the sequencer/arp when used in Gadget as Lexington.

    I prefer the Gadetized iMono/Poly as it’s easier on my eyes (ie. bigger knobs).

  • I refuse to buy another Korg synth until they join the 21st century and switch to AUv3

    They had their fun as proprietary 'gadgets' - now it's time to join the pros and go universal AUv3

    Surely they realise this will lead to many more sales long term?

  • This exactly.

    I'd buy loads of 'em if they were AU.

    It's kinda history repeating: got rid of my real mono/poly because of it lacking midi and here I am 30 years later with connectivity issues!

  • @Samu said:
    Worth to note s that all other Korg Synths except iM1 and iWaveStation allow full patch editing In Gadget and well Odysseei is missing the sequencer/arp when used in Gadget as Lexington.

    I prefer the Gadetized iMono/Poly as it’s easier on my eyes (ie. bigger knobs).

    It deff plays better as a gadget. Like it would as an auv3 🤣

  • edited July 18

    I bought Odyssei. I have no regrets. Flipped through the presets before going to work and fell in love with how it sounds. Are the IAP worth buying? Why am I even asking, I know I'm going to buy them both...

  • I'm going to bite at ODYSSEi finally!

    AND, you wouldn't believe, KORG even mentioned the sale with concrete data in the App Store!

  • KEW worth it at half price? Other than not being AUV3 it looks pretty cool...

  • @tja said:
    I'm going to bite at ODYSSEi finally!

    AND, you wouldn't believe, KORG even mentioned the sale with concrete data in the App Store!

    Congrats, You'll love it!

    I've also got theIAPs (ok it's mostly new 'skins' and 'presets') but since I'm not super familiar with the synth itself the IAPs for me are well worth it to 'learn' how it works.

    Also it adds a nice Gadget to Gadget (but it's sadly missing the arp/sequencer).

  • @no1normal said:
    KEW worth it at half price? Other than not being AUV3 it looks pretty cool...

    I'd say yes, and if there will be a future 'Gadget' for the Synth then you'll be all set when that happens :)
    There's a bunch of IAPs for more samples/waves for the wavetable synth and a 'free download' of additional drum samples.

  • edited July 18

    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

  • @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    Sometimes, but not as much as I would have hoped...
    Now if the 'wavetable' part had support for user samples & wavetables like the drum parts have it would be a different story!

  • @Samu said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    Sometimes, but not as much as I would have hoped...
    Now if the 'wavetable' part had support for user samples & wavetables like the drum parts have it would be a different story!

    Yeah, that would help :). It's the same pattern I have with all the Korg apps I own unfortunately. Immediately enjoyable but ultimately too limited for regular use.

  • @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    I used it this week to add some harmonica to a Rockabilly track !

  • Gadget plus those now:

  • @Samu said:

    @tja said:
    I'm going to bite at ODYSSEi finally!

    AND, you wouldn't believe, KORG even mentioned the sale with concrete data in the App Store!

    Congrats, You'll love it!

    I've also got theIAPs (ok it's mostly new 'skins' and 'presets') but since I'm not super familiar with the synth itself the IAPs for me are well worth it to 'learn' how it works.

    Also it adds a nice Gadget to Gadget (but it's sadly missing the arp/sequencer).

    Korg have always done VA very well and they have a sort of unique VA sound, you can tell its Korg. I have the Odyssei.

  • @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    I love kew, it's a great wave synth imo.
    Sometimes I use just one instance of it thru AUM and other times I use it like a groove box/ electribe, but despite all the stuff I have on my iPad pro, i return to kew often, a lot more on my iPhone xsmax

  • @tja said:
    Gadget plus those now:

    The IAPs for iM1 and iWavestation add a bunch of waveforms/samples & preset so if you love the 'Korg Sound' they are well worth it :)

  • Have them all except older Electribes and Kaossilator, but I never use them because they are not AU! Should force myself to use Gadget.

  • @nondes said:
    Have them all except older Electribes and Kaossilator, but I never use them because they are not AU! Should force myself to use Gadget.

    iKaossilator got Files.app support in the latest update making it easy to export stuff.
    The 'share' option in iElectribe also makes it easy to bounce out loops :)

    So yeah, for me personally. As long as the export features can be used 'on the device' without need to use the computer I'm ok with them.

  • @Samu Yeah exporting loops into AUM's fileplayer might be way to go.

  • @reasOne said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    I love kew, it's a great wave synth imo.
    Sometimes I use just one instance of it thru AUM and other times I use it like a groove box/ electribe, but despite all the stuff I have on my iPad pro, i return to kew often, a lot more on my iPhone xsmax

    Thanks, yeah will most likely cave in before the end of the sale :)

  • I use KEW all the time still, after Groovebox it's probably my most used app.

  • Hmm difficult, got a lot of synths and was waiting for this sale to complete my Korg collection but with the Eventide stuff being released i’m in doubt. Wanted to buy Wavestation and Monopoly but also got all the Sugarbytes synths, Moog etc. The fact that Korg still doesn’t support AU steers me towards the Eventide stuff.

  • Finally. Now I can get MonoPoly.

  • @Carnbot said:

    @reasOne said:

    @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    I love kew, it's a great wave synth imo.
    Sometimes I use just one instance of it thru AUM and other times I use it like a groove box/ electribe, but despite all the stuff I have on my iPad pro, i return to kew often, a lot more on my iPhone xsmax

    Thanks, yeah will most likely cave in before the end of the sale :)

    Ya man it's pretty cool, I can send you some screen capture jams or whatever if you're on nstagram if you wanna kinda see it on action , it's fun and can get pretty deep with automation and all that, has it limits as do all the electribe units but that's ok lol

  • edited July 18

    @Carnbot said:
    Do people still use KEW? Or did the novelty wear off?
    Tempted to pick that up despite annoying Korg connectivity policies :)

    The novelty didn't wear off because they recently updated it to V2 with new sounds and some better features. I hope they make more Electribe products, for example a sampler Electribe, although this one does read user samples. It's not what you would expect under the Electribe name however, given the UI design. If you're curious to see what it looks like in action I've got some demo videos on my channel, this one being the most recent.

    @Samu said:
    Worth to note s that all other Korg Synths except iM1 and iWaveStation allow full patch editing In Gadget and well Odysseei is missing the sequencer/arp when used in Gadget as Lexington.

    Wavestation does allow patch editing and saving in Gadget, the Write button is inconspicuously hidden on the "browser" page, and it was added awhile back in a modest update.

  • Are the iap‘s on sale as well? What’s the original price for the ODYSSEi iaps?

  • edited July 18

    @LucidMusicInc said:

    Wavestation does allow patch editing and saving in Gadget, the Write button is inconspicuously hidden on the "browser" page, and it was added awhile back in a modest update.

    If I recall correctly it's more 'limited' than doing the editing in the full iWavestation app?
    But I'll re-check...

    Amp envelopes can be tweaked but not pitch & filter mod envelopes and no way to change to 'structure' to single layer and tweak the ring-mod & hard sync options etc. etc.

Sign In or Register to comment.