Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auto-Tune Mobile powered by Antaras getting updated to AUV3 and hard T pain FX

2»

Comments

• @icsleepers said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:
    Would be great to have this as AUv3.

Anyone compare this to VoiceRack FX? I haven’t found anything better than that for AUv3 auto tune.

Voloco app does hard auto tune well

Unfortunately it’s now subscription based

I have Voloco also, problem there though is that you need to import a music track. Well, they want you to. I haven't tried, I guess you could enable background audio and then hit record in Voloco while letting whatever you're singing over also play in the background. The other sounds out of Voloco are pretty nice - I got in before the sub so I don't get new sounds but I had purchased all the previously available packs which are decent enough for what I'd be doing.

You can use it as an IAA insert in a DAW - that's what I do.

• edited February 12

@richardyot said:

@icsleepers said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:

Anyone compare this to VoiceRack FX? I haven’t found anything better than that for AUv3 auto tune.

I have Voloco also, problem there though is that you need to import a music track. Well, they want you to. I haven't tried, I guess you could enable background audio and then hit record in Voloco while letting whatever you're singing over also play in the background. The other sounds out of Voloco are pretty nice - I got in before the sub so I don't get new sounds but I had purchased all the previously available packs which are decent enough for what I'd be doing.

AH! I had seen that, but for some reason thought it was for a filter? I kind of remember how it presented itself was weird. Obviously that's a much better solution lol..

• @richardyot said:

@icsleepers said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:

Is it Auv3 also?

• @T4H said:

@richardyot said:

@icsleepers said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:

Is it Auv3 also?

No it's not. Makes you wonder where those subscription dollars they are wanting to charge are going to.

• T4HT4H
    edited February 12

@richardyot said:

@T4H said:

@richardyot said:

@icsleepers said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:

Is it Auv3 also?

No it's not. Makes you wonder where those subscription dollars they are wanting to charge are going to.

This lack of Auv3 or a roadmap to it with any app that’s considered modern is crazy to me. Especially while actively charging for a subscription. The subscription model is supposed to be a motivational means for developers to stay current since it they are reliant on people staying on board with it. To any developers listening: no disrespect to the time and hard work it takes but please stop releasing non Auv3 plugins. They’re not practical and they clog up efficient workflows for people needing more than one instance of the plug in etc etc. The last company to get a pass from me for this will be Audio Kit (Synth One, D1 etc) because their mission is awesome and worth supporting.

• @T4H said:

@richardyot said:

@T4H said:

@richardyot said:

@icsleepers said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Hmtx said:

Is it Auv3 also?

This lack of Auv3 or a roadmap to it with any app that’s considered modern is crazy to me. Especially while actively charging for a subscription. The subscription model is supposed to be a motivational means for developers to stay current since it they are reliant on people staying on board with it. To any developers listening: no disrespect to the time and hard work it takes but please stop releasing non Auv3 plugins. They’re not practical and they clog up efficient workflows for people needing more than one instance of the plug in etc etc. The last company to get a pass for me for this will be Audio Kit (Synth One, D1 etc) because their mission is awesome and worth supporting.

Voloco like many other plugins predates the AUv3 format. Part of the problem is that the App Store itself was much more profitable for devs 5 years ago, which is why there were so many IAA apps released. AUv3 came along just as the market was shrinking, so it's not profitable to make the conversion in many cases.

Having said that, for an app on a subscription there is just no excuse!

• I think it will be an amazing addition to the AUv3 Universe

• @Shazamm said:
    I think it will be an amazing addition to the AUv3 Universe

Yes! Did she indictate any release timetables? Thanks

• tjatja
    edited February 13

I don’t care about AU at all, @T4H

As long as it is not standard to be able to run each instance fullscreen, and also multiple instances free floating, i prefer IAA fullscreen Apps!

AUM does this PERFECT!!!
    (Sadly looking at AB and NS2 and others ...)

Also, many of them seem to be more stable as IAA, compared to AU (Ravenscroft, BeatHawk, bs16i, ...)

• 2019 getting better 😝

• edited May 28

This seems to be out now (for 3 weeks) I just bought it but have yet to test it out.

• I think this Auto Tune works smoother for me when it’s AU versus IAA.

• @NoiseHorse said:
    I think this Auto Tune works smoother for me when it’s AU versus IAA.

Me too - there's also a bug where you can't deselect the C key - but it seems to only affect the IAA / standalone version.

It's great that it's finally updated for AUv3, let's hope it gets some additional polish and bug fixes now that it's released in this updated version.

• There's no mention of AUv3 on the AppStore page and the app was update 1w ago according to AppStore...

So, those of you who already have this, is the AUv3 support already in Place?
    If so, how does it compare to 4Pockets Vocal Harmonizer?

• @Samu said:
    There's no mention of AUv3 on the AppStore page and the app was update 1w ago according to AppStore...

So, those of you who already have this, is the AUv3 support already in Place?
    If so, how does it compare to 4Pockets Vocal Harmonizer?

Autotune is AUv3 for sure.

• @Samu it looks like you may have missed the update notes from the previous update a few months ago ;-)
    AUv3 support was added back then.

• @Hmtx said:
    @Samu it looks like you may have missed the update notes from the previous update a few months ago ;-)
    AUv3 support was added back then.

Hmm, some videos I've seen about it complain that it adds a fair bit of latency?!
    How bad is it in practice? (Ie. is it 'good enough' for real-time usage?).

• @Samu said:
    Hmm, some videos I've seen about it complain that it adds a fair bit of latency?!
    How bad is it in practice? (Ie. is it 'good enough' for real-time usage?).

I don’t know. This app is one I’ve been following but never purchased. DerVoco got my money for vocoding and it is fast, good enough for real-time use. Then 4Pockets harmonizeFX was released, which does decent auto-tune. So I never ended up needing this one. It seems like all of the auto-tune apps have a certain amount of processing time required to evaluate and correct the pitch, so latency might be inevitable?

• Out of all pitch correction (auto-tune) apps I've used on iOS, this one is my favorite. I don't recall latency problems using an iRig Pro, the UI is quite garish but it works pretty well.