Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UltraTap Delay by Eventide

Comments

• @BroCoast

I hear you, my first thought was brilliant the iOS House
    has finally got the interest of the big boys, especially
    Eventide, as every producer knows they are a quality company.

My next thought was that Eventide
    has been around for a long time,
    there's no rush in buying their stuff.

My next thought was that the current iOS developers need
    some serious investment to keep on going.

Eventide could create a scholarship fund or regular competition
    to reinvest some of their profits back into the iOS scene.

Eventide earn £31,000,000 per year according to this link

https://www.owler.com/company/eventide

The iOS music house also needs to attract more Artists.

So for my part I can wait a couple of years to purchase Eventide
    and I'll be supporting the current and new developers in the interim.

The current developers have made some classic apps.

• edited July 2019

@BroCoast

I must add what would be best is if we voted for it.

A thought.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss

Voting for the people who will gain from the financial investment
    that Eventide or another major company could provide.

I mentioned it previously.
    Scholarship, competitions etc.

Say a smaller developer would like to develop a new effect,
    or assist in making a plugin transition from iOS 12 to iOS 13.

Some good developers have been hit by these transitions
    and some of them are creating very interesting code.

Eventide with the revenue it attracts could reinvest back into the iOS Sphere.

It works mutually.

Eventide or another company or companies
    will always have a client base,
    the iOS developers will be able to create more apps
    and the iOS artists, tech heads, musicians, nutters etc all benefit.

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2019

@EyeOhEss

Cool.

It was merely a thought.

We can discuss ethics another day.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was just considering the H9, but these will do! Awesome!

• What does this do that kosmonaut doesn't?

• @Gravitas said:
    @EyeOhEss

Voting for the people who will gain from the financial investment
    that Eventide or another major company could provide.

I mentioned it previously.
    Scholarship, competitions etc.

Say a smaller developer would like to develop a new effect,
    or assist in making a plugin transition from iOS 12 to iOS 13.

Some good developers have been hit by these transitions
    and some of them are creating very interesting code.

Eventide with the revenue it attracts could reinvest back into the iOS Sphere.

It works mutually.

Eventide or another company or companies
    will always have a client base,
    the iOS developers will be able to create more apps
    and the iOS artists, tech heads, musicians, nutters etc all benefit.

I don't see the reason for any of that. If somebody makes a great app that is useful for me I will buy it.

Many developers for audio apps are just doing it for a hobby, like how I fix equipment as a hobby. If I or them want to take that to the next level and make more money that's on us.
    If a developer like Bleass made a kickstarter outlining how they'd take app development to the next level, then I'd donate.

• @nondes said:

@Rich303 said:
    The delay and the reverb got my attention quickly. I haven’t been using any apps at all. Too busy with a bunch of new hardware. But I might buy these two apps anyway and try them out with some of that hardware.

Indeed, this + hardware is so much easier than loading up Ableton.

That and my eyes are shot from 2 decades of DAWs.

• edited July 2019

As others have said, either an app is worth buying or it’s not.

It just so happens that a lot of my favourite apps on iOS are by Indies.

• This thing is the business. I instantly transformed a percussion track and a sax track with it, from dull to magical in seconds. I also bought Blackhole, which is also great but I’ve not used it a great deal yet. Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

• @audio_DT said:
    This thing is the business. I instantly transformed a percussion track and a sax track with it, from dull to magical in seconds. I also bought Blackhole, which is also great but I’ve not used it a great deal yet. Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

Have you use kosmonaut? I am curious what UltraTap brings that kosmonaut doesn't?

• @espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:
    This thing is the business. I instantly transformed a percussion track and a sax track with it, from dull to magical in seconds. I also bought Blackhole, which is also great but I’ve not used it a great deal yet. Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

Have you use kosmonaut? I am curious what UltraTap brings that kosmonaut doesn't?

Yes, I use Kosmonaut, too, but I would say that ultratap definitely does things that Kosmonaut doesn’t. It’s not easy to put one’s finger on the precise differences - I’ll leave that to someone more qualified than me - but it’s so silky smooth and comes with a ton of superb presets. It just has something of an ‘x-factor’ and can be used on almost anything to give it that little bit of ‘oomph’. Kosmonaut does, too, but in not quite the same way. In my opinion, both apps are different enough to coexist nicely. I’m still finding my way around it but it seems to have presets that can be tinkered with to quickly arrive at some really excellent sounding material. I’ve not yet found quite the same loveliness with Blackhole, but I think that’s because I’ve not tried it out fully as yet. I would heartily recommend both, though, and will probably cave and buy micropitch, too, on the basis of the other two new releases.

• I’m one of those for whom interface and presets are right up there with DSP.....from that perspective this one has the highest score for me.

• edited July 2019

@audio_DT
    Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/esua7njhewuqzqm/p_k_dick.wav?dl=0

This was processed ONLY through MicroPitch (including those modulated delays in second half)

• @dendy said:

This was processed ONLY through MicroPitch (including those modulated delays in second half)

Excellent !! Pushed me off the fence, already bought the other two, but was unsure what type of results would be achievable with this.
    Thanks @dendy

• @dendy said:

@audio_DT
    Anyone tried micropitch yet? Worth a go, even if you don’t have guitars or vocals?

Dick!

• @AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT

Dick!

It's worth it, I got all three once launched knowing it would be quality fun and usability :)
    (The UIs also adapt so nicely to the iPhone 8 screen).

• @AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT

Dick!

:-D :-D :-D

I deeply apologize to your credit card. :trollface:

• @dendy said:

@audio_DT

Nice! Looks like I’ve got to fork out again :smile:

• @dendy said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT

Dick!

:-D :-D :-D

I deeply apologize to your credit card. :trollface:

• @espiegel123 said:

@audio_DT said:

It's much more than a delay, it can have as many taps as to sound more like a reverb, with tails not only decaying but also ascending if you like. I recommend listening to a few demos.
    I haven't yet purchased any of the three but my first choice would be Ultratap - nothing like it that I remember on iOS.

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT

Dick!

It's worth it, I got all three once launched knowing it would be quality fun and usability :)

SIGH... Ok, so how is Ultratap with BM3 automation? Everything hook up / work?

• That ribbon controller is such a great interactive plus.
    I'm sitting beside a hardware Eventide H8000, and wishing it had a ribbon controller to play with...

• @AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@dendy said:

@audio_DT

Dick!

SIGH... Ok, so how is Ultratap with BM3 automation? Everything hook up / work?

Shut your eyes and trust in me....