Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s discuss the KORG Module “Pro” Update

Korg Module has gone pro. New UI color, sound browser upgrade and a new expansion pack “Module Performance Expansion”.

KORG Module Pro by KORG INC. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/korg-module-pro/id932191687

$20 bucks for the expansion which includes Split/Layer, Midi CC Learn 62 programs sound library.

What say the people?

Comments

• It’s a pass for me right now. Holding out spending on gadget related IAPs until upgrades are made to the sequencer and sampling gadgets/options are expanded.

• I could not figure out what in world you were talking about since I didn’t see an update in the App Store until I realized I offloaded Module like a year ago. :D

I have less and less space for IAA apps so P-R-O are not the letters to put Module back on my home screen.

• I'm guessing $20 is an introductory price? I believe the other IAPs are on sale at the moment.. correct me if I'm mistaken. Probably need to see/hear a video from Doug @thesoundtestroom because I don't see ANY info on this at all on Korg's site. Need more details..

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

Nope! Not spending that kind of money on expanding an app with a depreciated technology (IAA), no indication of moving into the future, and the most annoying behavior trait of any MIDI apps on iOS ... always listens to all hardware MIDI devices with no way to stop it. Plus ... charging for MIDI CC learn? You gotta be kidding me.

[Edit] Did module always have midi channel selection? If that’s new, then that’s something I’m grateful for in the update and they didn’t charge for. 😂

• AU will definitely be an IAP in a year or two when it comes out.

• @wim said:
    Nope! Not spending that kind of money on expanding an app with a depreciated technology (IAA), no indication of moving into the future, and the most annoying behavior trait of any MIDI apps on iOS ... always listens to all hardware MIDI devices with no way to stop it. Plus ... charging for MIDI CC learn? You gotta be kidding me.

This was my initial reaction. I was waiting for more feedback to see if I was missing something.

• For me, I'm purchasing this one. I always use Korg Module and I'm glad that it now supports split and layers, though I haven't yet seen how the layering works. I agree with @nondes, I believe Korg Module Pro would really be AUv3 compatible later, though it maybe an IAP.

• edited July 2019

@magonciajby said:
    For me, I'm purchasing this one. I always use Korg Module and I'm glad that it now supports split and layers, though I haven't yet seen how the layering works. I agree with @nondes, I believe Korg Module Pro would really be AUv3 compatible later, though it maybe an IAP.

Thank you for getting this.
    Go to Set List and hit the keyboard icon, you may see a new pane here. Select Layer or Split ;)

• 40mb of content for $20 USD, compared to other libraries that are hundreds of MB, and even over a gig.

• edited July 2019

You can already layer using gadget. I don’t use module because of Ravenscroft, Neo-Soul keys, and Galileo.

• @ioue said:

@magonciajby said:
    For me, I'm purchasing this one. I always use Korg Module and I'm glad that it now supports split and layers, though I haven't yet seen how the layering works. I agree with @nondes, I believe Korg Module Pro would really be AUv3 compatible later, though it maybe an IAP.

Thank you for getting this.
    Go to Set List and hit the keyboard icon, you may see a new pane here. Select Layer or Split ;)

Thanks for the guide!

@johnfromberkeley said:
    40mb of content for $20 USD, compared to other libraries that are hundreds of MB, and even over a gig.

Yeah, though sometimes it's not all about the sound libraries but the about the new features. But it's up to you guys if you purchase it or not.

@ion677 said:
    You can already layer using gadget. I don’t use module because of Ravenscroft, Neo-Soul keys, and Galileo.

Yep, though I find it weird layering in Korg Gadget. Before I use Korg Gadget and Module in AUM to layer sounds. But maybe now in the new layering feature, I can now use only the Module. I don't really use Ravenscroft, though I have purchased it. It always crashes it my case. So far, I find Korg Module and Gadget reliable in live performance.

• This Pro expansion seems geared toward those people that use Module live as a keyboard rig

• Hi @ioue
    I just bought the new IAP, happy to be able to layer and split in my live rig now.
    I just don’t understand how MIDI CC learn works, can’t find it in the manual either.
    Any hint please?
    Thank you!

• @Rodolfo said:
    Hi @ioue
    I just bought the new IAP, happy to be able to layer and split in my live rig now.
    I just don’t understand how MIDI CC learn works, can’t find it in the manual either.
    Any hint please?
    Thank you!

Sorry, just found it in settings! Thank you.

• Sorry we are still working on the manual. But glad to hear you could find the menu 😉

• @Rodolfo said:
    Hi @ioue
    Any hint please?
    Thank you!

Can't wait to get home. Up to how many layers is it @Rodolfo? :smile:

• @magonciajby said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Hi @ioue
    Any hint please?
    Thank you!

Just one layer (two sounds) and one split point at a time, but you can now control all individual parameters of each sound independently, and MIDI learn all of them too, including effects.

• @Rodolfo said:

@magonciajby said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Hi @ioue
    Any hint please?
    Thank you!

Just one layer (two sounds) and one split point at a time, but you can now control all individual parameters of each sound independently, and MIDI learn all of them too, including effects.

I think you need to make us a video right now :)

• We are preparing new videos for Module v3. Hang on tight.

• @ioue said:
    We are preparing new videos for Module v3. Hang on tight.

Huzzah and bravo. Consider me hung!

• @Rodolfo said:

@magonciajby said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Hi @ioue
    Any hint please?
    Thank you!

Thanks @Rodolfo! I was hoping it would be at least 4 or even 3. But it's okay, at least it can now MIDI learn. :smile:

• I misread the update as ‘Module Sampling Expansion’. Guess it was wishful thinking on my part ;)

• I just found this video from Korg where they explain how layer and splits functionality works with the IAP.

• @Howard said:
    I just found this video from Korg where they explain how layer and splits functionality works with the IAP.

Ah that was what I mentioned above. Thank you for sharing @Howard !

• Ok, great. Thanks, @ioue!

• still no proper midi support? gah

• @ioue in Gadget 2 do we only get the new sounds, or have layering / split functionality been added to Glasgow? ($20 on sale seems a bit much for 40MB sounds 😉 - since I don't use Module stand-alone).

• 20$ seems a bit steep for a rather limited split and layer function. but for those that need it, it‘s a nice option of course.
    I like the new color scheme and FINALLY an easy import option for multi page sheet music! It’s a good update altogether.

• Can't help it but I would be head over heels over this if it was a 'Module Sampling Expansion' :)
    The first 'Korg Sampler' I got it touch with has the on in the Triton which was greatly improved for the Kronos...