Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

UltraTap Delay by Eventide

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1463784516

UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells and extraordinary modulation. It’s the perfect tool for creating drum fills, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords and other evolving effects — everything from reversed reverbs to a massed church choir singing a Gregorian chant in Notre-Dame Cathedral.

Features:

• Use up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into choruses and reverbs.
  • Speed up or slow down the rhythmic spacing between taps using the Spread knob.
  • Use the onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
  • Use the innovative "Slurm" control to smear taps together or modulate them to create truly unique reverbs.
  • Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
  • Over 150 presets designed to inspire; including artist presets by Chris Carter, Colin Newman, Sasha and many more.
  • Innovative Ribbon and Hotswitch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
  • Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
  • Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone App.

Comments

• First the Fabfilter bundle and now these three from Eventide, my wife is gonna kill me 😩

• The optimist in me can't help thinking that these guys must know that a new iOS-Super-DAW that can actually do these justice must be just around the corner!

Not to disparage the existing DAWs, but Eventide and FabFilter aren't aimed at the Cubasis' of this world on desktop. You could make an argument for Auria Pro, but AP already had FF plug-ins...

Perhaps Big-Boy Cubase? Or Live? Or GarageBand Pro or Logic Lite...

On the other hand, I hope not as my Air 2 is already feeling a bit creaky! At least now I can play with pretty much everything; if a new superdaw drops my Air 2 would probably not be invited to the party and I'd feel all left out and stuff ;-)

• For about 50€ all guitar ambient lovers will get a bliss.... @Martinj
    Anyways, I have to wait a bit, but this is HUGE news! Welcome Eventide and thanks for your brave step!

• @david_2017 said:
    For about 50€ all guitar ambient lovers will get a bliss.... @Martinj
    Anyways, I have to wait a bit, but this is HUGE news! Welcome Eventide and thanks for your brave step!

• @White said:
    First the Fabfilter bundle and now these three from Eventide, my wife is gonna kill me 😩

We have one gas station that I go to and always pay inside and get 20$ cash back. It does not show as cash back..... I just tell her that I get the expensive gas. Usually have 60-80 a month that goes to App Store gift cards. I mean my god I have been sober 29 years and quit smoking 22 years ago.... yet I feel like I’m doing some drug deal to do all this. Just so I can buy every new shiny app!!!!

@White your not helping. 😁

• Well, well, well.

For Eventide to get involved, it looks very,
    very promising for the iOS platform.

I think I'm going to stay around for quite awhile.

Awesome.

• @Eye0sStudios said:

@White said:
    First the Fabfilter bundle and now these three from Eventide, my wife is gonna kill me 😩

We have one gas station that I go to and always pay inside and get 20$ cash back. It does not show as cash back..... I just tell her that I get the expensive gas. Usually have 60-80 a month that goes to App Store gift cards. I mean my god I have been sober 29 years and quit smoking 22 years ago.... yet I feel like I’m doing some drug deal to do all this. Just so I can buy every new shiny app!!!!

@White your not helping. 😁

I hear you, my servo (to use a local term) receipts don’t hold up to close scrutiny ...

Going to hold off on these but will inevitably cave after a few demos.

Well done on the quitting btw.

• Wow this and micropitch are cheaper than the algorithms for the H9 pedal on the AppStore

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    We have one gas station that I go to and always pay inside and get 20$ cash back. It does not show as cash back..... I just tell her that I get the expensive gas. Usually have 60-80 a month that goes to App Store gift cards.

Sounds like a good idea, I think I will start doing the same 😊👍

• edited July 2019

@klownshed said:
    The optimist in me can't help thinking that these guys must know that a new iOS-Super-DAW that can actually do these justice must be just around the corner!

Not to disparage the existing DAWs, but Eventide and FabFilter aren't aimed at the Cubasis' of this world on desktop. You could make an argument for Auria Pro, but AP already had FF plug-ins...

Heh, yah, we have ‘DAWS’ where you can’t even reorder fx or they are too buggy to really be considered ‘there’ yet. That seems to be all of them in iOS. There is AUM though which i feel can hold its head up knowing that it satisfies its niche really well and can use these plugins like a pro for its intended purpose (my impression anyway). Its like a kick ass king pedal board, next gen midi control hub or something. Although I guess from an organizational perspective could use some window management love. Rambling now...

Really though, I wager you are right and it seems like there must be something big cookin up somewhere with a big NDA bow ready to peal off...

Perhaps Big-Boy Cubase? Or Live? Or GarageBand Pro or Logic Lite...

All good contenders, works for me!

• Wow. It’s up to each one of us to show Eventide the love!🤪

• edited July 2019

@echoopera said:
    Wow. It’s up to each one of us to show Eventide the love!🤪

Wish I could afford to show my love. I need to wait a year before buying anything ever again... ever, ever... no way I will be able to keep up with the predicted forthcoming tsunami of big dev dog pile.

• @AudioGus said:

@echoopera said:
    Wow. It’s up to each one of us to show Eventide the love!🤪

Wish I could afford to show my love. I need to wait a year before buying anything ever again... ever, ever... no way I will be able to keep up with the predicted forthcoming tsunami of big dev dog pile.

Just need to become more creative with your accounting...

• This is epic !

• anybody else trying to decide between food and these eventide plugins ? ;)

• @eross said:
    anybody else trying to decide between food and these eventide plugins ? ;)

Food is for the weak.

• @eross said:
    anybody else trying to decide between food and these eventide plugins ? ;)

These feel a bit easier to swallow than the fabfilter bundle but so far I'm holding out but it's not easy...
    Soon I'll also need a new iPad so it's arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• I think I asked this elsewhere, but are these prices introductory deals?

• I think these are regular prices otherwise the seller would have noted it in the description.

• This thing is wonderful. Having some fun:

• Bought the Blackhole and UltraTap . Both are awesome on PC, looking forward to same quality on iOS

• @echoopera said:
    This thing is wonderful. Having some fun:

What does the tapdelay bring that Kosmonaut is missing?

• The delay and the reverb got my attention quickly. I haven’t been using any apps at all. Too busy with a bunch of new hardware. But I might buy these two apps anyway and try them out with some of that hardware.

• Mark the date and time, eventide has arrived!
    Fanntassstic😃

• got the delay, and had blackhole in my desktop. both plugins are
    very much worth the hype. they just have that certain something g that makes them go to apps for sound design

• edited July 2019

@Rich303 said:
    The delay and the reverb got my attention quickly. I haven’t been using any apps at all. Too busy with a bunch of new hardware. But I might buy these two apps anyway and try them out with some of that hardware.

Indeed, this + hardware is so much easier than loading up Ableton.

• Right now the main iOS developers need our money.
    Eventide have been around for a long time.
    There are some awesome developers here that need that love.
    Eventide built several machines over generations to sound
    like some of the codes coming out from the iOS house.

The recent Spectrum apps are brilliant.

Kosmonaut???

Bleass??

• @Gravitas said:
    Right now the main iOS developers need our money.

Kosmonaut???

Bleass??

‘Hey don’t buy this Prince album; he already has enough money. Your local indie band needs it more.’

...and so I never got to experience the full joy of Prince; I could only pine when I heard him on the radio. Still rockin’ that Grand Larceny Band CD though. ‘Great’ production ‘for what it is’. I hear they’re making a comeback, too, once the bassist saves up enough vacation time from his day job.

• @Gravitas said:

Kosmonaut???

So... maybe I am missing your point but sorry I want all the big players to come to iOS. We or I need it to replace my desktop. I will always support good devs... but if more things like this happen then maybe someday we get a kicking daw to run all these. I know we have lots of good stuff now, but I welcome the big players. And I’m willing to pay more if we get quality stuff!!! Now that is my own opinion.

• edited July 2019

@Gravitas said:

Kosmonaut???

Bleass??

One thing I welcome with the big players is they have a reputation they need to keep so they tend to update/fix very regularly.

These Eventide apps are rock solid on release, that's also not so common.

I have a lot of love for Bleass though, their apps have personality/uniqueness about them.