Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackhole Reverb by Eventide

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1452345570

Create out of this world ambiance with Blackhole, a reverb effect as big as the cosmos. Blackhole breaks the rules by allowing you to create virtual spaces that could never exist in reality. At large sizes, its soft attack and lingering, harmonic tails allow it to really shine on guitars, strings, vocals and pads. At small sizes those very same qualities can add an angelic sheen to vocals or turn a simple drum track into an otherworldly rhythm section.

Features:

• Incredibly easy to use with over 80 presets; many created by Eventide artists.
  • Ability to create extremely musical effects useful for highlighting key instruments.
  • Supernatural settings for abstract spatial effects and drones.
  • Subtle settings for ambient washes and track highlighting.
  • Unique “Gravity” control reverses the arrow of time by inverting the reverb's decay.
  • Innovative Ribbon and Hotswitch allow for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
  • Fully flexible mono and stereo options. Bring new realms of stereo imaging to mono instruments.
  • Mixlock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the wet/dry mix constant.
  • Available as an Audio Units AUv3 plug-in, Inter-App Audio, and Standalone App

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Holy f*ck. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• edited July 2019

@EyeOhEss said:
    This’ll please some people.

like me! :-)

The other Eventide reverb I really like is https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=eventide+t-room&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 - hopefully these will be a success and they'll bring some more across!

Also interesting - Fab Filter and now Eventide coming over to iOs, and with multiple apps too - something has clearly shifted in these companies perception of iOs as a platform.

• THIS IS GREAT!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Was wishing the other day Blackhole was on iOS. Shimmer isn’t cutting it for me. Amazing.

• @EyeOhEss
    Yep. Clearly it’s not the baron wasteland of zero sales that some people might have us believe..

Do not make mistake - Eventide is big company, they can afford invest to developement of iOS apps even through they most probably get back just fraction of revenue compared to their HW or desktop plugins. But they (thankfully) see future potential o this emerging market.

For big companies is iOS still more like way of advertisement than significant income, but this will change dramatically in next 1-2 years in my opinion - my prediction is that iOS music app sales will be 10x (at least) as much as now 1-2 years from now. We are on the edge of exponential grow.

This Eventide relaease is really great not just because their plugins are absolutely top noch, miles ahead before anything other available to the date, but it is strong signal to other big companies.

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’ll wait for the Anthology bundle ;)

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • crazy!!!!.. i need to check , if i can reproduce same sound live as the pedal

not to mention Ultra tap delay is also available

• It is glorious.

• Demos on YT sound...very tempting...however will wait for Doug's

• Just got a big sky... but I will pick it up at latest when the friday will be black... wow this is amazing news!!!!
    Eventide! Wow, awesome!!!!

• big boys are coming

• Is it the same as the Mac plugin?
    Oh boy, I want to hear this! Its universal too.

• F**k me are you serious!!!
    This is badass

• Great stuff, things looking up for future :)

• i wonder if we are seeing these ports because of changes apple has made with aim of universal apps across iOS, iPadOS and MacOS. I wonder if its become any easier to keep most of the assets.

• edited July 2019

UGH!!!! I love Blackhole, it's my favorite reverb. I already have Anthology on desktop but I use iOS more these days. I really don't want to pay $20 on this, but I don't know if it's avoidable. Really find it annoying that PC/Mac license doesn't extend to iOS. F***K is right.

• IT’S UNIVERSAL

• Why are there no audio demos for the iOS versions? Are they exactly the same as desktop?
    Anybody wants to share initial impressions and how it sounds ?

• I traded my soul for this event. No regrets!!

• wow, did not see this one coming. i just bought this on desktop, and don’t know how i got by without it. So excited to see it come to ios. this is an absoulute no brainer.

• Geezus. Holy floodgates!

• edited July 2019

@thepinkelefant said:
    Why are there no audio demos for the iOS versions? Are they exactly the same as desktop?
    Anybody wants to share initial impressions and how it sounds ?

Totally out of any scale. Lightyears ahead ANY other reverb on iOS. This is serious thing.

Now we need just good CPU efficient convolution reverb AUv3 and we are done. Forever.

• Weren’t that the exact same phrases for fabfilter reverb and those others from the majority?

• Cool, I absolutely love Blackhole on desktop!

• edited July 2019

@MrBlaschke said:
    Weren’t that the exact same phrases for fabfilter reverb and those others from the majority?

Not from me, i'm generaly skeptical to iOS reverbs, most of them have in my opinion +/- same quality just different UI, differenr parameters - but till yet didn't saw there any other with BigSky/BlackHole/PCM81 quality.
    (Yes, including Pro-R)

This is something different. VERY different.

• I didn’t say it was you, @dendy :) All good.
    It was the majority of people buying them.
    Just a general thing... I think I’ll get my clash for speaking out loud.