Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Touchscaper from Moodscaper

Comments

• ugh what am i looking at here? it looks pretty cool. is it playing back samples? or is it a synth? i like the touch movement

• Interesting! I love his other scapers so I'm looking forward to this.

• I have fieldscaper and another one (can’t remember off the top of my head), and fieldscaper is good enough for me to use it even though it’s not auv3. Any idea about when this new one will be released into the wild?

• @audio_DT said:
    I have fieldscaper and another one (can’t remember off the top of my head), and fieldscaper is good enough for me to use it even though it’s not auv3. Any idea about when this new one will be released into the wild?

This isn't one of Igor Vasiliev's Scaper apps, I think it's from the 'moodscaper' guy(s), which is a different kind if thing altogether.

• edited July 2019

Looks great!

@lasselu said:
    Interesting! I love his other scapers so I'm looking forward to this.

@audio_DT said:
    I have fieldscaper and another one (can’t remember off the top of my head), and fieldscaper is good enough for me to use it even though it’s not auv3. Any idea about when this new one will be released into the wild?

not sure, but maybe you are mistaking this as an app by Igor Vasiliev the guy who made SynthScaper, SoundScaper and Fieldscaper.

However, it is by Rob Jackson who made the ambient, generative moodscaper, pianoscaper and guitarscaper.

• @MarkH said:

@audio_DT said:

This isn't one of Igor Vasiliev's Scaper apps, I think it's from the 'moodscaper' guy(s), which is a different kind if thing altogether.

Ah, I see. Many thanks for the information - and to @Zaubrer, too. I’ll check out moodscaper, then 🤔

• I am excited to see how musical it is. The moodscaper and piano scapere are too limited for me. It sounds really good though...

• i like it! Highly interested in this - especially if you're able to set a scale and/or choose your own chord sets... It kinda looks like that might be there.

• edited July 2019

Looks promising, manually setting the scale/chords makes it that you have influence on what you compose.

• @david_2017 said:
    I am excited to see how musical it is. The moodscaper and piano scapere are too limited for me. It sounds really good though...

They are AMAZING fodder as source material to send through effect networks...

However, I’m sooner disappointed that he’s launching a new app before he fixes mood or pianoscaper to make importing samples easier... it’s totally broken now.

• Hopefully he is jumping on the AU train with this new app.

• Being able to set your own chords would make this worth a look ... Moodscaper had a very good sound but was terribly limited ... interesting by itself but I could never find anything it worked with. ... always sounded like everyone was playing like Moodscaper's three minor keyed "moods" . .. good for funerals.

• @Soundscaper said:

.. good for funerals.

I think that was Eno’s lost follow up to Music For Airports

• Yep ... coming out of the same paddock.

Seems unnecessarily restricted these wicked days.

• At one point the samples from all of these scraper apps were on his website but I don’t know if they are still there. Great to use in other apps!

• I can't wait for him to create a SampleScaper if he chooses to do so, I know a lot of other people want one too... maybe one day it will happen, there has always been a huge hole in IOS for something like that, and you could take something like that in so many directions to differentiate it from moodscaper and the other scapers.

• Question about all of the scapers.... is it easy to completely dry up the soundsources, zero out the fx?

• never mind looks like you can

• midi out - or it does not exist :/

• @eross said:
    ugh what am i looking at here? it looks pretty cool. is it playing back samples? or is it a synth? i like the touch movement

He updated in info on the intro video - it's combining 2 samples at once when playing - says he's using the samples from his other scaper apps - plus some new ones (guitar piano and classic synths!). You can set your own scale/key too.

• Beta testing any day and probably out around beginning August give or take

• @Mayo said:
    midi out - or it does not exist :/

???

• Is this not a complete ripoff of TC-11?

• I hope so, we need more tc-11 type stuff on this platform.... it's kinda dry in this regard...
    but does this have Midi out though... haven't had a chance to watch the clip yet?

• @kobamoto said:
    I can't wait for him to create a SampleScaper if he chooses to do so, I know a lot of other people want one too... maybe one day it will happen, there has always been a huge hole in IOS for something like that, and you could take something like that in so many directions to differentiate it from moodscaper and the other scapers.

Isn't FieldScaper the app you're asking for?

• @kobamoto said:
    I hope so, we need more tc-11 type stuff on this platform.... it's kinda dry in this regard...
    but does this have Midi out though... haven't had a chance to watch the clip yet?

Rob the dev said "no MID (yet...)" on Doug's stream text.

• edited July 2019

@Simon said:

@kobamoto said:
    I hope so, we need more tc-11 type stuff on this platform.... it's kinda dry in this regard...

Rob the dev said "no MID (yet...)" on Doug's stream text.

dangnammit... :) I'm sure he was already prepared for the request so it's prob just a matter of time.

• @rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:
    I can't wait for him to create a SampleScaper if he chooses to do so, I know a lot of other people want one too... maybe one day it will happen, there has always been a huge hole in IOS for something like that, and you could take something like that in so many directions to differentiate it from moodscaper and the other scapers.

Isn't FieldScaper the app you're asking for?

nope. Love Fieldscaper though, but what I really want is a sampling groove box from Igor.. (one can dream)

• Seems there is Scaper confusion in this thread.
    :D