Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hilton.ist Open World Mobile Music Platform.

Has anyone tried this app yet ? Seems to have lots of uses musical or otherwise !

Comments

• More phots

• I have the beta. Hasn't been updated in a long time. I couldn't quite figure it out, and it asks for A LOT of access to your device that made me uncomfortable. Still interested in how it develops though.

• @skiphunt said:
    I have the beta. Hasn't been updated in a long time. I couldn't quite figure it out, and it asks for A LOT of access to your device that made me uncomfortable. Still interested in how it develops though.

Apparently it’s more aligned to Applewatch support and movesense sensors not really my thing!

Best comment I seen! Over on FB.

So we can slave a midi clock and triggers to local weather?! Mad science

• edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2019

@Max23 said:

@skiphunt said:
    I have the beta. Hasn't been updated in a long time. I couldn't quite figure it out, and it asks for A LOT of access to your device that made me uncomfortable. Still interested in how it develops though.

uh, location data is creepy and there is multiuser stuff so it shares that data with their server and other users
    it needs location data for weather and sunrise too I guess
    i find heartbeat pretty creepy too
    what happens if you say no to everything creepy?
    you are left with the accelerometer?

Supported Apple iOS devices all feature 9-axis motion sensing with sensor fusion. Holon.ist data sources include:

Altitude and atmospheric pressure
    User defined postures
    Custom locations with distance and azimuth
    GPS based readings include course, speed, lon/lat
    Local weather and solar/lunar tracking
    HealthKit: flights climbed, walked distance, heart rate variability etc.
    IoT data with JavaScript editor

bah, way to creepy
    website aint SSL either
    not for me

Yeah, that’s the same conclusion I came to. I initially granted it, but I didn’t really understand why the needed that level of deep access, so I bailed and reversed everything.

• Holon.ist is on sale at the moment for $1.99 as well as it's iAPs. The iAPs are for support of external movesense sensors, custom OSC support, and Apple Watch support as an extra sensor. Those are on sale for $1.99.

I don't have an Apple Watch, don't plan on buying any movesense sensors, and no interest in custom OSC settings.

However, you can still do A LOT with just the app for $1.99.

I tried the beta out a few months ago and wasn't comfortable with the level of access you have to give the app. I also couldn't figure out how to set it up.

Last night I decided to go ahead and pick it up for $1.99 anyway. The level of access isn't really all that deep. It's mostly location and health stuff. If you're not using an Apple Watch with it, that's moot anyway.

Either it makes more sense now, or they did a better job clarifying the interface. Because I had my iPad install of Holon.ist controlling Animoog via cc in about a half hour. I'd figured out what data I wanted to use and was controlling the cc's from weather, barometric pressure, walking speed, altitude, all the gyroscopic data, etc.

This morning I set up the iPhone with Holon.ist and was sending the data from the iPhone to Animoog on the iPad via bluetooth.

It's VERY interesting if you're into generative experimenting. I think @brice might dig this too. (based on his most recent experimental video)

What I hadn't realized... is that after you set all this up, you can ALSO record the data session, then share it or play it back. You can loop it also. So, you could essentially use your iPhone as the "sensor" set up some data values to record... then go out into the world and move around while driving, running, etc. Then play that back later and reapply the same session to other synths, etc.

It's not just letting you midi control via tilting your iphone side to side, up and down, etc. You can actually select from over 100 data streams to midi map to. It also displays graphs of the various streams you've selected so you can see what's actually changing.

It's not the most intuitive interface, but I was able to figure out most of it reasonably quick.

Holon.ist is only on "Summer Sale" for a week, and I don't know when it started. It looks like it might still be on sale though.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/holon-ist/id1359763686?mt=8

• Yeah I picked this up too, very useful, might be using it in some art projects :)

There are some bugs though, it was crashing core midi and freezing AUM, only a reboot fixed it. Think this could have been the PD midi patch when you leave it for a while.

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah I picked this up too, very useful, might be using it in some art projects :)

There are some bugs though, it was crashing core midi and freezing AUM, only a reboot fixed it. Think this could have been the PD midi patch when you leave it for a while.

Oh, I forgot.. figured you'd dig it too!

Yeah, I had a little trouble connecting it with AUM, etc. but not too much. Could use some tweaking, but I don't think they launched it all that long ago. It's also much easier to figure out than the beta I tried a few months ago too. Glad I picked it up!

• Thanks for the reminder @skiphunt . Just picked this up for $1.99. Fun to graph the values of the weather data in real time if nothing else.

• Just picked this up. Plan on getting a Movesense sensor($50) also. I figure I could then change a filter or something in Ableton Live with some head movements. To me this just might be the thing that will work with my work/play flow. Things like the Kinect/ game controllers/gloves etc seemed really cool but this seems like a great alternative that I can actually use while playing.

• This looks amazing!
    So much potential in so many areas of music
    Thanks for the tips @skiphunt !

• Hi, this is Ove from Holonic Systems, developers of Holon.ist. I thought I’ll address some of the issues in this thread, which I unfortunately saw only recently.

Because Holon.ist is a tool for connected music, it needs access to real-time sensor data. This in turn requires location and other permissions, however, they are used only for things like sun position and local weather. Other users cannot see your location unless you explicitly choose to send GPS coordinates over OSC and they are on the same Wifi network. If concerned, please look at our privacy policy at: www.holon.ist/privacy

Note that Holon.ist is a passive controller, which means it is best used when worn in a pocket, on the dashboard of a vehicle, or with other wearables, since hand movements are somewhat limited and predictable. You can still use hand movements as "accompanying gestures", while performing on a conventional instrument or singing, for example. Passive operation allows subconscious “control” of multiple simultaneous parameters, which still make sense to the user and audience, as they are non-random and perceptually coupled to the actions of the performer.

In other words, Holon.ist is not just for a way using your phone as a Wiimote, there are other apps that focus on that functionality. However, if you want, you can connect a Kinect, Myo, power gloves etc. Anything that transmits OSC is supported.

Recording signals, as mentioned above, is a very useful feature. Local weather is also a great modulation source, although with a slower update rate. If you have a weather station of your own, Arduino-based or otherwise, you can use real-time weather with either OSC, or with a service like dweet.io, or even Google docs, to send data to our embedded JavaScript editor, which then outputs it as MIDI or OSC after processing.

Please note that while MIDI CC’s are natively supported, note generation is currently best done with the preset pd_demo_midi, which uses an embedded pd patch to create notes. If you’re familiar with Pure Data, you can make your own MIDI processing, but the existing preset lets you map note density and pitch as desired. If you require more flexible MIDI note generation from CC’s, we can recommend Gestrument Pro, Autony and Ioniarics, which you can map to Holon.ist in AUM, for example. MidiFire can also do this, I think.

OSC, on the other hand, lets you create triggers within Holon.ist. For desktop users, we recommend our free Holonic Source receiver plugins for MaxForLive, VCV Rack and Reaktor. Osculator can also be useful.

We hope to get many new users soon, in order to be able to develop our platform further, including support for AU and Audiobus. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Thanks and happy mapping!

• Do you still work on the app? Audiobus support & statesave or AU support will be fine! Without this features i will not spend time to these app...

• I was wondering if Hilton hotels are going step into music app business :-)))

• FIX THE TITLE

FOR GOD'S SAKE