Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Some synthesized singing via Speak Unit and iVoxel

So this is my tenth track since starting with iOS music (in a bit less than a year), and for this I wanted to try some synthesized singing.

Since there isn’t anything like Plogues Alter Ego on ios, I used the Speak Unit voice synthesizer, recorded the phrases into Auria where I split them on transients and time-stretched them to match the tempo. I then exported the music-ish thing and the robot voice separately into Audioshare, and then looped both using AUM into Audiobus where I had iVoxel in the effects slot of the robot track, letting me control the pitch using Rozeta and Atom.

As I’m experimenting a bit with randomly generated music currently, the music itself is a bit on the weird side. It would probably sound better with a properly composed track, but I kind of had to stick with the original plan once I started. Anyway I thought it may be an interesting technique.

Other apps used: Rozeta, Ruismaker + FM, Ruismaker Noir about halfway in, Kickdrum Synth, Replicant, Objeq, Dubstation, Filterstation, Eos and 4pockets Shimmer.

Comments