Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Comments

• @SimonT said:
    Only thing that i am sure about is that >before< the behavior was different.

Perhaps before, you had the XY pad offsetting the harmonics knob? Only reason I suggest the is because I can't see how 0.3 changed this. Cheers

• @SimonT said:
    Ok, that's interesting! I'll try immediately. Only thing that i am sure about is that >before< the behavior was different.
    Thanks!

Speech is working fine for me in latest update. You'll only hear full words when the harmonics knob is turned up to the last 2 categories. Try the settings shown in my video - harmonics turned up, timbre at 50%, morph scrolls through the different words. :)

• Has anyone been able to use the Spectral mode in Granular? Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I get a big old nothing out of it.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Has anyone been able to use the Spectral mode in Granular? Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I get a big old nothing out of it.

Yeah we have a little issue there, it’s mentioned above. Switching the modes has strange effects on spectral and time stretch. Tom will have a look next week. 👍

• Didn't Clouds always have some issues/bugs? It's been too long since I owned it to remember but sometimes it would just produce a low end rumble and need to be powered on/off.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@BroCoast said:

@dendy said:
    Oo can't stop listening to beautiful Spectrum sounds :) And it works perfectly with FX's, after you start apply ovedrive, delays, reverb - damn this is sooo much amazing...

3 instances of Spectrum

Lovely stuff mate. I'm honestly finding these ports more interesting than when I had Rings & Clouds in euro.

@dendy Thats sounds great! Like Miami vice 2019 👍

For reals. I've listened to this several times today. So good Mr. @dendy!

• Hi everyone,

I'm back and starting work on the next release of Spectrum, although I need to do an update for SynthModes first.

Regarding MPE. It's not something I use or particularly care about, but there seems to be a passionate subsection of the community who are quite interested in having it, so tell ya what.

I decided to run a tiny gofundme. If the community can raise $500CAD to buy me a Roli Seaboard Block, I'll add MPE to Spectrum.

https://www.gofundme.com/add-mpe-support-to-spectrum-ios-synthesizers

• @burns_audio I don't know if it's only me but I get 'random note drop-outs' when using spectrum, Ie. some notes play sometimes while other times they are silent(It's not CPU overload).

I'd love to see 'uni-polar' waveform options for the LFOs together with key-sync and start-phase adjustment.
    (And well, an additional LFO and Mod Envelope would be icing on the cake).

Other than that I'm enjoying the candy :)

• edited July 2019

I totally don't care about MPE but it's good opportunity to say "thanks for this great app" so i donated ! I'm ecouraging everybody to do same, this guy deserves it !

• @dendy said:
    I totally don't care about MPE but it's good opportunity to say "thanks for this great app" so i donated ! I'm ecouraging everybody to do same, this guy deserves it !

Spot on! I love MPE so its win win for me 👍

• @dendy, @[Deleted User] and everyone else who has so far.. thanks very much for donating. Pretty good start for a Sunday morning.

@Samu I have had that issue but I haven't pinpointed why it happens. It seems like it occurs for the entire session, like some voices fail to initialize into a useable state. I'll dig in the next time I can get it to happen. For key-sync you should be able to route that yourself in the mod matrix by having Note modulate LFO rate. I would probably implement Unipolar by having additional functions to apply to mod matrix rules (like rectification as one example).

• @burns_audio said:
    For key-sync you should be able to route that yourself in the mod matrix by having Note modulate LFO rate.

Ok, so the note number is not 'scaled' to cover the entire LFO range (ie. low note = slow lfo and high note = fast lfo) but is instead used to reset the LFO?!

I'll play around with that :)

• @Samu said:

@burns_audio said:
    For key-sync you should be able to route that yourself in the mod matrix by having Note modulate LFO rate.

Ok, so the note number is not 'scaled' to cover the entire LFO range (ie. low note = slow lfo and high note = fast lfo) but is instead used to reset the LFO?!

I'll play around with that :)

Oh sorry I misunderstood key sync. You want to reset. Your interpretation is correct. My suggested modulation would just scale the LFO speed by note. Sorry.

• @burns_audio said:

Oh sorry I misunderstood key sync. You want to reset. Your interpretation is correct. My suggested modulation would just scale the LFO speed by note. Sorry.

Yepp! 'Reset/Set LFO Phase' on note-on as well as Bi-Polar/Uni-Polar option is what I'm after...
    (This is especially useful for precisely controlled modulation of parameters like the Timbre and Morph).

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hey all, I’ve uploaded v1.0 of the Spectrum Parameter Randomizer to patchstorage.com. This version includes the updated cc assignments from the current Spectrum release. I’ve not found or heard about any issues, so I’m moving it from “In Progress” to “Ready to Go”. Feel free to prove me wrong if you see any problems! :D

https://patchstorage.com/spectrum-parameter-randomizer/

• @wim said:
    Hey all, I’ve uploaded v1.0 of the Spectrum Parameter Randomizer to patchstorage.com. This version includes the updated cc assignments from the current Spectrum release. I’ve not found or heard about any issues, so I’m moving it from “In Progress” to “Ready to Go”. Feel free to prove me wrong if you see any problems! :D

Thank you

• Would anyone wanna share some presets for any of these?
    I'm struggling to really get good results..

• edited July 2019

@reasOne said:
    Would anyone wanna share some presets for any of these?

@reasOne
    If you have Mozaic, try @wim s Parameter Randomizer. You have Mozaic?
    You should be set with a bunch of presets within around 15 minutes.
    If the presets will export from an AUM session i could provide you with an export - haven’t checked if presets come with an export

• We could revive out monthly ‚sound design fest‘ for these plugins.

The main problem is that there is no plugin internal preset management system. We all would need to use the same host and exchange/add via the files app and probably need to zip/unzip the files for the forum software - so its quite a hazzle.

I found user-presets folders for:

• AUM: on my iPad / AUM / Audio Unit Presets / 42726E737370656361756D75
    • apeMatrix: on my iPad / apeMatrix / AUv3 User Presets / Burns Audio_Spectrum
    • Cubasis: on my iPad / Cubasis / Effects / Spectrum
    • AuriaPro: on my iPad / Auria Pro / Presets / Burns Audio Spectrum

The stored host-presets are not compatible between each other. All presets would need to be redone for each host.

I didn‘t find any Audiobus 3 folder, which i would have preferred for host-based exchange as this is the AB forum :)

• @_ki said:

Can confirm same on my iPad.

• @wim said:
    Hey all, I’ve uploaded v1.0 of the Spectrum Parameter Randomizer to patchstorage.com. This version includes the updated cc assignments from the current Spectrum release. I’ve not found or heard about any issues, so I’m moving it from “In Progress” to “Ready to Go”. Feel free to prove me wrong if you see any problems! :D

@wim What number version should we look at to know we are on right one? You have a couple going on? And thanks for all your hard work!!!!

• @MrBlaschke said:

@_ki said:

Can confirm same on my iPad.

Yeah, folders for AUM presets are the same across devices. I've transferred them between iPads just fine.

• Good call! I do have mozaic !!
    Gonna get this patch

@MrBlaschke said:

@reasOne said:
    Would anyone wanna share some presets for any of these?

@reasOne
    If you have Mozaic, try @wim s Parameter Randomizer. You have Mozaic?
    You should be set with a bunch of presets within around 15 minutes.
    If the presets will export from an AUM session i could provide you with an export - haven’t checked if presets come with an export

• @Eye0sStudios
    The description for the new version states v1.0. Just downloading from patchstorage won‘t update existing AUM sessions.

Here how i updated:

• Deleted ‚spectrum randomizer‘ preset by sliding left in Mozaics preset browser, close Mozaic
    • Download from patchstorage will open up Mozaic standalone, the preset will be visible in its preset browser after pressing the Refresh button.
    • Open AUM and load the session containing the old version of the script. Open Mozazics preset browser, press the Refresh button and reload the script.

For my patchstorage scripts, i add the version number to the preset name - then you get all versions side by side and can delete the old one.

• @_ki said:
    @Eye0sStudios
    The description for the new version states v1.0. Just downloading from patchstorage won‘t update existing AUM sessions.

Here how i updated:

• Deleted ‚spectrum randomizer‘ preset by sliding left in Mozaics preset browser, close Mozaic
    • Download from patchstorage will open up Mozaic standalone, the preset will be visible in its preset browser after pressing the Refresh button.
    • Open AUM and load the session containing the old version of the script. Open Mozazics preset browser, press the Refresh button and reload the script.

For my patchstorage scripts, i add the version number to the preset name - then you get all versions side by side and can delete the old one.

Dude! Thanks. I thought that downloading the new script would overwrite the old one. This helps. Thanks.

• _ki_ki
    edited July 2019

I suspect that downloading the same preset name will overwrite an existing preset with the same name - but i think as long as you don‘t press Refresh, you‘ll get the old script in the AU.

Each mozaic instance in a session has a ‚local script‘, they store the script text and variable state and don’t reload their preset from the preset list. Thats why has to manually reload a new version over the old script if one wants to update a script used in a session.

I added the ‚delete before download‘ step to be really shure that it is the newly downloaded if i see the preset name in the list :)

• @_ki said:

Good to know. I’ll start doing this too.

• @_ki said:
    I didn‘t find any Audiobus 3 folder, which i would have preferred for host-based exchange as this is the AB forum :)

Audiobus sessions can now be saved as files anywhere in the files app. Audiobus sessions with instances of Spectrum set to the presets could be either distributed by sharing through the Audiobus online sharing, or could be saved as files.

Still no way to transfer to other hosts though.

• @wim Hmm, using several AB3 session the organizer could collect them and save them to local presets. But using this workaround the contributors can‘t name their presets. And for final distribution 26 instances in AB3 with presets are not enough (and i don‘t know if we‘ll get an out-of-AU-memory error).