Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My newest song, “Crazy”

Here’s my newest song, a straightforward rock song recorded in Auria using its internal amp sims, Drumagog (the drums were original made in Garageband) and a bunch of FabFilters:

https://open.spotify.com/track/3dUUXj08YebeW4jusLiybg?si=Awjr0nLcQ6ywjLuycKMV7A

Comments

• @theconnactic said:
    Here’s my newest song, a straightforward rock song recorded in Auria using its internal amp sims, Drumagog (the drums were original made in Garageband) and a bunch of FabFilters:

Spotify? Sorry. Can't hear this one.

• @McD said:

@theconnactic said:

Spotify? Sorry. Can't hear this one.

No problem at all!

• edited July 2019

@theconnactic - Great production. The sound of it is very good! Well done!

• OK. I installed Spotify and it let me listen before it started the commercials.

I like the track a lot so I'll mention what I liked most:

excellent guitar
    interesting that it was in english which I guess is the lingua franca for pop these days
    It interesting to see that you have multiple albums released. Who knew?

One small IOS production nit:
    I notice so many IOS Drum apps play far enough behind the beat to make them unusable for me.
    With Logic Pro I could tweak the audio about in 10 millisecond adjustments to get that lazy drummer to play on top or slightly ahead of the beat.

For the group mind:
    which DAW's support 10 millisecond adjustments for audio tracks? (My money's on Auria Pro).

If I re-mastered this track I would move that drum track forward and then see if the energy is there.
    After moving the drums it might be that the bass is off. But as a drummer I start with: "What is this guy building back there? Wake up, dude. Drink some caffeine."

I hope my use of english doesn't cloud my intent to help improve your sound. Just want to enjoy the music more and learn what IOS can do better.

• @Marcel said:
    @theconnactic - Great production. The sound of it is very good! Well done!

Thank you so much, @Marcel!

• @McD said:
    OK. I installed Spotify and it let me listen before it started the commercials.

I like the track a lot so I'll mention what I liked most:

excellent guitar
    interesting that it was in english which I guess is the lingua franca for pop these days
    It interesting to see that you have multiple albums released. Who knew?

One small IOS production nit:
    I notice so many IOS Drum apps play far enough behind the beat to make them unusable for me.
    With Logic Pro I could tweak the audio about in 10 millisecond adjustments to get that lazy drummer to play on top or slightly ahead of the beat.

For the group mind:
    which DAW's support 10 millisecond adjustments for audio tracks? (My money's on Auria Pro).

If I re-mastered this track I would move that drum track forward and then see if the energy is there.
    After moving the drums it might be that the bass is off. But as a drummer I start with: "What is this guy building back there? Wake up, dude. Drink some caffeine."

I hope my use of english doesn't cloud my intent to help improve your sound. Just want to enjoy the music more and learn what IOS can do

Thank you so much for going through the effort and the thoughtful feedback. It’s great to hear a drummer thoughts about my drum track (made on DPP for that matter). In fact, it’s not iOS fault: I delayed the drums a few ticks to get that frustrated, alice-in-chainy vibe for the track, instead of a more energetic, festive energy that would be great to hear but wouldn’t really fit the lyrics IMO. A risky production decision, I know. Again, thanks for the feedback: it means a lot!