Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

White Belt, Black Belt, White Belt

A video made entirely using an iPhone and an iPad.

It's called ,'White Belt, Black Belt, White Belt'

Comments

• Those low drums are so nice. What created those sounds? I have a new drum pad and I'd like to start assembling such sounds in my sampling apps.

• I recorded the drums live.
    The two drums are a Senegalese djembe which I found in S.Africa
    and an Indian drum that I received as a gift from Goa.

I recorded them into Auria Pro, mixed the track and then exported it to LumaFusion.

• Oh. I can't have enough drums. I wonder if pitch shifting some typical drum samples would also get that
    large diameter, loose head tone. I got some new headphones and low end sounds impress me. I almost bought the NS2 Trip Hop drum product for $14. Those tuned bass drum sounds (808?) finally got through to me. I wish I could play bass drums that followed the bass line. I'd still play funk but the
    bass would follow the changes. Might make a good "script challenge" for Mozaic. Accept MIDI notes and
    play bass notes from another channel with chords that match the harmonic progression.

• The low tones you're hearing are the open tones of both drums.

You can get similar tones using synths but you don't get the overtones.

When I create the parts I normally create an answer and call pattern or patterns.
    Yeah, when you get the parts to sing together that's when the grooves start to happen.

I also tune my drums for whatever key I'm playing in.

It all adds to the harmonic content the track.

I'm going to have a little more time over the summer so
    I'm going to see if I can record some percussion samples
    and send them your way.