Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Visual Reverb from 4Pockets.

From 4Pockets not out yet, damm his apps are starting to look so good!

Visual Reverb is a studio quality plate reverb with some very unique features! Comes complete with a 4 Band Parametric EQ (apply to wet or wet+dry mix), Compressor with sidechain like Swell feature, Reverb Trail Ducking, Auto Pre Delay Sync and more. Video coming soon!

Comments

• Wow. Is it Pro-R inspired?

@WillieNegus said:

Eta anyone?

Same question.

• Gee, another reverb...

Looks great!

• I don't like this pre-announcement crap.
    I'm tempted not to buy it... until its available.

• Plates are cool, I hope they do a spring one next :-)

still dreaming of a lightweight (as possible) convolution Auv3. Can't believe no one has jumped on that yet. I know that the rooms app is soon to be Au, so that's a start..

• @palm said:
    Plates are cool, I hope they do a spring one next :-)

still dreaming of a lightweight (as possible) convolution Auv3. Can't believe no one has jumped on that yet. I know that the rooms app is soon to be Au, so that's a start..

My sense is that there have been two problems:

• a dev having a sufficient IR library to avoid disappointing customers (probably the biggest issue)
    • managing user expectations about CPU use

Hopefully that is about to change.

• this could be my cup of tea, as I like running trail in the local woods a lot o:)
    but possibly it's a very complex reverb tail with a new label tagged to it - or just one of these typos ;)

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Gee, another reverb...

Looks great!

just how many reverb apps do we need? is this ever going to stop? why do they keep feeding us our addiction! :D

on another note, i love 4pockets... it's like buying fabfilter apps but much cheaper.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:

• a dev having a sufficient IR library to avoid disappointing customers (probably the biggest issue)

Yes. There was one in TestFlight and the IR's included were lack luster. One was perfect for me so it was an insta-buy for me. It got pulled back.

Now that I have Fiddlicator which ships with violin, viola, cello and violin 2 IR's I have loaded freely available IR's and it's amazing. I haven't bought any OwnHammers but the free package is really good but wets the appetite for what the pay to play ones must sound like.

iConvolver ships with a great collection.

Altispace is more of a reverb focused app but it's loads the Cabinet IR's and and converts them to the Altipspace format and they sound great. Having this internal format might be the way to avoid IP protected IR issues after sale. Tweak the file and maybe it's fair use?

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yes. There was one in TestFlight and the IR's included were lack luster. One was perfect for me so it was an insta-buy for me. It got pulled back.

Now that I have Fiddlicator which ships with violin, viola, cello and violin 2 IR's I have loaded freely available IR's and it's amazing. I haven't bought any OwnHammers but the free package is really good but wets the appetite for what the pay to play ones must sound like.

Altispace is more of a reverb focused app but it's loads the Cabinet IR's and and converts them to the Altipspace format and they sound great. Having this internal format might be the way to avoid IP protected IR issues after sale. Tweak the file and maybe it's fair use?

thanks for the tip about fiddlicator. somehow I missed that one.

• @McD said:

@espiegel123 said:

Altering an IR is going to alter its quality. Altiverb ships with an amazing collection of IRs, but they developed a proprietary format as a form of copy protection. The quality is amazing. People have converted their Altiverb to wav (to run in other convolvers) by running an impulse through Altiverb and capturing the output. Hopefully any new convolvers will allow for long reverbs. I think Altispace maxes out at 11 seconds regardless of the IR file.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:

• 4Pockets is a great pile of apps. I had a question about one last week and the developer responded quickly and had a great answer for my problem.

• edited July 2019

... my bad 🙈

• @NoiseHorse said:
    4Pockets is a great pile of apps. I had a question about one last week and the developer responded quickly and had a great answer for my problem.

I can’t find a way to ask the dev a question- but their stompbox app still doesn’t work with Audiobus anymore

• @BiancaNeve said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    4Pockets is a great pile of apps. I had a question about one last week and the developer responded quickly and had a great answer for my problem.

I can’t find a way to ask the dev a question- but their stompbox app still doesn’t work with Audiobus anymore

If you don’t use Facebook have you tried these methods? http://www.4pocketsaudio.com/contact.php

• he’s posted a video on youboob... can’t be too long now..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJoMVVYuZw#fauxfullscreen

• edited July 2019

@BiancaNeve said:

@NoiseHorse said:

I actually asked a question on my app review for Visual EQ and got a prompt answer that way.
    I think Stompbox is not 64 bit(?)

• Release on monday 15 july

• any idea how much? i’m gonna have to save some itunes credit for this thing. it look very useful

• Swell. More good stuff from 4 pockets.