Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Sugarbytes EFFECTRIX does anyone still use it? SOLVED

Hey Does anyone use Effectrix? If so HOW?
I have tried to use it in Auria PRO and Cubasis and it does not work

Comments

• edited May 2018

@oldschoolwillie said:
    Hey Does anyone use Effectrix? If so HOW?
    I have tried to use it in Auria PRO and Cubasis and it does not work

Looks ok here on Cubasis.

Add Effectrix (not effectrix midi) into an insert fx slot
    In Effectrix settings ensure virtual midi is on and clock sync is on
    In Effectrix main screen, on keyboard in bottom right, ensure keyboard midi is not lit (click to toggle)

Hit play and it should start in sync...

• I’ve been using it recently in Cubasis and it works fine. It’s such a nice effect tool. I got into it after hearing the impact of the effect sequencer in Egoist, which is similar. The results can range from subtle to outright mental. It’s very versatile. :#

• I use it a lot in BM3, where it still works as well as it did in Cubasis and Aum last year.

• It's amazing and very playable, always tempting to go crazy with it but can be setup for subtle things too. It just needs a clock source to follow.

• SOLVED I have identified the problem I did have the Microphone activated in the app setting

Thanks for the help

• @oldschoolwillie
    I use it often in AUM.

• edited June 2018

It's one of my most used apps :heart:

And at last it syncs inside Audiobus 3 :smiley: . If Link is on ,disable it , close the app and restart it. AB3 will take care the rest , no longer need midi clock as a workaround :)

• @Korakios said:

And at last it syncs inside Audiobus 3 :smiley: . If Link is on ,disable it , close the app and restart it. AB3 will take care the rest , no longer need midi clock as a workaround :)

I don‘t seem to get it to work in AB3 ... I wonder what is the trick here?

• edited June 2018

@nick said:

@Korakios said:

And at last it syncs inside Audiobus 3 :smiley: . If Link is on ,disable it , close the app and restart it. (Edit) AB3 will take care the rest , no longer need midi clock as a workaround :)

My bad, I am on the beta version of AB3, so it may not be apply until the official update.
    But still worth a shot :

• Disable Link inside Effectrix
    • Make sure in the midi section, midi clock sync is disabled
    • in AB3 settings ,the IAA sync is enabled
    • Kill Effectrix
    • Reload Effectrix

Edit : Well , the downside is that Effectrix does not follow tempo changes , since in IAA mode it listens to the tempo when started and ignore changes . Will mail the devs adding better IAA sync mode or implement Link v3 listening to start stop .

• What I like about Effectrix is that the random button will only randomise the effects you have selected and will not add in random others.

• @Korakios said:

@nick said:

@Korakios said:

And at last it syncs inside Audiobus 3 :smiley: . If Link is on ,disable it , close the app and restart it. (Edit) AB3 will take care the rest , no longer need midi clock as a workaround :)

My bad, I am on the beta version of AB3, so it may not be apply until the official update.
    But still worth a shot :

• Disable Link inside Effectrix
    • Make sure in the midi section, midi clock sync is disabled
    • in AB3 settings ,the IAA sync is enabled
    • Kill Effectrix
    • Reload Effectrix

Edit : Well , the downside is that Effectrix does not follow tempo changes , since in IAA mode it listens to the tempo when started and ignore changes . Will mail the devs adding better IAA sync mode or implement Link v3 listening to start stop .

thanks! so the key is to disable LINK. Will try to remember this ....

• I'm having trouble with Effectrix crashing in AUM. Seems to go for about 15 minutes then nosedives. Is there any setting that seems to crash it specifically?

• @BroCoast said:
    I'm having trouble with Effectrix crashing in AUM. Seems to go for about 15 minutes then nosedives. Is there any setting that seems to crash it specifically?

I haven’t found any specific fx or settings, but yah I get the exact same thing in BM3. I just use it for sampling then quit out. Sure hope this gets the AU treatment, seems like it must be low hanging fruit by now. It is my favourite creative fx on iOS.

• I use it standalone. Since I have iPad 4 I have found with sugar bytes, they like the full cpu. Its ok though I mean they have all the effx almost anyway ha. That and turnado are super similar with different interface but on my iPad if run them in aum its game over unless I put the buffer to an ungodly number.

• @AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:
    I'm having trouble with Effectrix crashing in AUM. Seems to go for about 15 minutes then nosedives. Is there any setting that seems to crash it specifically?

I haven’t found any specific fx or settings, but yah I get the exact same thing in BM3. I just use it for sampling then quit out. Sure hope this gets the AU treatment, seems like it must be low hanging fruit by now. It is my favourite creative fx on iOS.

Man it's such an awesome app. I decided to do the same thing, quickly use it to record a part then shut it down. Love adding warble with it.

• @BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

Man it's such an awesome app. I decided to do the same thing, quickly use it to record a part then shut it down. Love adding warble with it.

I am a stretch whore. What do you use for warble? 'Vinyl'?

• @AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

@AudioGus said:

@BroCoast said:

I am a stretch whore. What do you use for warble? 'Vinyl'?

Yeah.

• I hope it is the next one to get AUV3 treatment

• @supadom said:
    I hope it is the next one to get AUV3 treatment

Yup, then Obscurium and Looperator for me... (you can use em too)

• @AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

I emailed Sugarbytes to ask them to port Looperator I hope they will........

• @oldschoolwillie said:

@AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

Just shows how lucky we are. Looperator is currently €119- and all their other effects (Turnado, WOW etc) are a similar price.

• @oldschoolwillie said:

@AudioGus said:

@supadom said:

What they say?! What they say?! :#

• edited July 2019

I emailed Sugarbytes a while back asking for them to port Looperator and since then they released the two latest IOS
    apps. They basically told me in the email that they would consider it but no promises.