Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If you were gonna buy 1 Fab Filter app......

Comments

• edited July 2019

Of the AUs, I assume? Otherwise it would be Timeless 2 (still only available in Auria)

Pro-R. Best reverb on iOS hands down. It doesn't knock you over the head, it just provides that touch of ambience/room/beautiful-sounding space you need.

The limiter and compressor are also considerations, but there are acceptable substitutes on iOS. Pro-R blows everything else away reverb-wise.

• Pro-q3. Unmatched frequency sculpting.

But, I also love Saturn and Timeless.

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Pro-q3. Unmatched frequency sculpting.

But, I also love Saturn and Timeless.

Oh. I have Q2 AU
    is much different?

• @oat_phipps said:
    Of the AUs, I assume? Otherwise it would be Timeless 2 (still only available in Auria)

Pro-R. Best reverb on iOS hands down. It doesn't knock you over the head, it just provides that touch of ambience/room/beautiful-sounding space you need.

The limiter and compressor are also considerations, but there are acceptable substitutes on iOS. Pro-R blows everything else away reverb-wise.

THanks..

I think...LOL

• edited July 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@oat_phipps said:

THanks..

I think...LOL

It's worth it. It also has the benefit of being the one that will give you the most instant gratification. 'oooh, reverb!'

• I have pro-Q2/3 and will wait for Timeless for my next Fab purchase cos its my next favourite. I do love R, L3 and C2 however but Im happy with them just in Auria Pro for now.
    Its just so great to have Fabfilter making Auv3s

• I’m getting the most out of the limiter I think. Love the different modes. But the reverb, dynamic eq, comp, multiband comp, are a close second!

• Pro R- First. Then get $90 out and ready to finish the bundle. One just isn’t enough with these things. Good news is it that by the time you’ve bought 3 plugs you’ve bought them all!

• Hold up a bank and buy the bundle ... all wonderful ... top of the class for all of them. But if you're forced to choose grab proQ3. Depends what you do of course but if you're after very fine-tuned eq this is a joy to use... the look of it makes time fly by. They all do. Quality design right through.

But if you're already a pro2 user and cashed up a word of warning ... don't but the upgrade to pro Q3 because you'll have to buy it all over again in the bundle ... no discount possible apparently. ouch! The notice on the App page came too late for this enthusiast.

• @Soundscaper said:
    Hold up a bank and buy the bundle ... all wonderful ... top of the class for all of them. But if you're forced to choose grab proQ3. Depends what you do of course but if you're after very fine-tuned eq this is a joy to use... the look of it makes time fly by. They all do. Quality design right through.

But if you're already a pro2 user and cashed up a word of warning ... don't but the upgrade to pro Q3 because you'll have to buy it all over again in the bundle ... no discount possible apparently. ouch! The notice on the App page came too late for this enthusiast.

Me too, but whatever, love these apps.

• @gusgranite said:
    I’m getting the most out of the limiter I think. Love the different modes. But the reverb, dynamic eq, comp, multiband comp, are a close second!

That limiter is severely slept on! I guess because it isn’t the vanity plug in or used throughout most peoples mixes but nothing comes close in iOS to me. It stays transparent, let’s you volume crank, and gets out of the way. I run Pro-MB and then the Pro-L on the master. Without even mixing it makes the track tolerable until I can revisit it later.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@gusgranite said:
    I’m getting the most out of the limiter I think. Love the different modes. But the reverb, dynamic eq, comp, multiband comp, are a close second!

That limiter is severely slept on! I guess because it isn’t the vanity plug in or used throughout most peoples mixes but nothing comes close in iOS to me. It stays transparent, let’s you volume crank, and gets out of the way. I run Pro-MB and then the Pro-L on the master. Without even mixing it makes the track tolerable until I can revisit it later.

I use Pro L constantly. It has taken the spikey, teeth clenchy bits out of my iOS music. Even my glitchier chaotic stuff is more listenable to me now. Love it.

• The bundle. How can you choose between just Pro-Q2 and Pro-L2? Impossible.

• edited July 2019

Saturn. Desperately need multiband distortion of that kind... Hope they will do it as AUv3 soooner or later.

• Pro c2.
    I love this thing on guitar.
    So natural.
    Amazing!

• @oat_phipps said:

Although I have them all into Auria Pro, but, I think Kleverb from KlevGränd can do almost the same magic reverb sound that Fabs Pro-R, but not as advanced into the settings...

Go for the compressor if you choose only one Fab AUv3-plugin...

• I had the same dilemma...already had Q2...didn't want to upgrade to Q3 because of not getting the bundle price reduction with it, plus I already got Q2 so wanted something different.
    I went with L2..perfectly happy...still want more though..I think C2 would probably be next for me.... EQ and Compression being my most used tools when mixing.

• Guys isn’t there a way to use Autia Pro in AUM and load up your Fabfilter apps like Saturn etc and send signal to it for processing and return back to AUM? I know I did this before but forgot how to set it up.

• Buy them all, request refund for all of them and don’t bother deleting them because they are used in some of your sessions...

• @recccp said:
    Buy them all, request refund for all of them and don’t bother deleting them because they are used in some of your sessions...

Lol, how to make developers hate us and stop giving us nice things in 3 easy steps.

On topic: no advice from me. I still can’t decide. I upgraded to Q3 on impulse and haven’t gotten any of the others yet.

• I hope people don't miss the amazing qualities of Multi-band Compression.

The best asset Fab Filter has is their precise EQ code. Every other FX product has elements
    of that EQ to fine tune the effect in question.

Multi-Band let's you isolate segments of the spectrum and Compress or Expand that portion. You can dial in a mix with amazing precision. Also very powerful for sculpting a
    guitar or instrument sound.

You may or may not think the Reverb is your must have Reverb but you must have one of the EQ's.

Do you ever need a gate (I tend to grab Brusfri because it's like a gate with smarter filtering of hum's and general noise too).

Putting the Limiter on every track insures you will never get clipping and it doesn't do anything unless the signal tries to.

The Compressor as indicated is the best available for guitar tone tweaking (@flo26).

So, choose your priorities but frankly... grab the bundle.

• edited July 2019

@McD
    Putting the Limiter on every track insures you will never get clipping and it doesn't do anything unless the signal tries to.

This is pretty much wasting of resources in modern DAWs with 32 (or even 64) bit floatimg point mixing engine. It makes no sense to put limiters on infividual tracks in digital domain to "avoid clipping" ;-)

It is not possible to get clipping on individual tracks, you only need to avoid clipping on master track (when it goes down to lower bit resolution than 32bit floating point)

In case of 32 floating point mixdown (on iOS this is possible just in AUM and NS2), then you don't need take a care about clipping even on master track.

• I’m leaning towards the multi band compressor myself, I have some of the others as iap for Auria, will probably buy them as Audio Units at some point, but never got the multi band compressor so I’ll probably grab that first.

• @dendy said:

@McD

This is pretty much wasting of resources in modern DAWs with 32 (or even 64) bit floatimg point mixing engine. It makes no sense to put limiters on infividual tracks in digital domain to "avoid clipping" ;-)

It is not possible to get clipping on individual tracks, you only need to avoid clipping on master track (when it goes down to lower bit resolution than 32bit floating point)

In case of 32 floating point mixdown (on iOS this is possible just in AUM and NS2), then you don't need take a care about clipping even on master track.

Sure. My advice is for people like me that record one track and a time with guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and vocal. Clipping slips into the recording because we want the current track to be load in the phones and adding a limiter in before the recording helps avoid this.
    It helps save good performances with bad engineering.

Using the limiter later in mix down is important of course for similar reasons. I will try to use it everywhere and build up a composition as a sequence of performed music like the old multi-track home studio artists or the greatest for me, Stevie Wonder. "Talking Book" changed my life. I was strictly into jazz until Downbeat told me what Stevie was doing with Moog synths. He play/sang almost everything on that record. I wanted to become that.

For those that build their music from synths and samplers it's bad advice as you point out.
    Just wasting CPU when synths need that extra resource to finish the project.

• @flo26 said:
    Pro c2.
    I love this thing on guitar.
    So natural.
    Amazing!

Totally agree. It might be a guitar thing, but I agree completely. I abuse pro C.

• My vote would be for Pro-Q, but then again EQ is my most used tool for shaping sounds and mixing. I really tend to favor having one very well featured EQ versus having a lot of specialized ones, and Pro-Q would fit that bill for me.

Pro-MB is decent for what it does, but I still almost never find myself needing a multiband compressor.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Pro R- First. Then get $90 out and ready to finish the bundle. One just isn’t enough with these things. Good news is it that by the time you’ve bought 3 plugs you’ve bought them all!

Strong point

• @Tarekith said:
    My vote would be for Pro-Q, but then again EQ is my most used tool for shaping sounds and mixing. I really tend to favor having one very well featured EQ versus having a lot of specialized ones, and Pro-Q would fit that bill for me.

Pro-MB is decent for what it does, but I still almost never find myself needing a multiband compressor.

Thanks T

• @Strizbiz said:
    I’m leaning towards the multi band compressor myself, I have some of the others as iap for Auria, will probably buy them as Audio Units at some point, but never got the multi band compressor so I’ll probably grab that first.

I love Klev multi

• @recccp said:
    Buy them all, request refund for all of them and don’t bother deleting them because they are used in some of your sessions...

Not touching this with a ten foot pole