Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Yes!

This has been my only issue with Elastic Drums: the instruments only have one gain stage. If you automate that for velocity control, but then want to change the overall level, you currently have to re-record the automation at a different, average level. With separate outs, you can keep your automation and just adjust the overall gain in the host.

Of course it will also be great in a purely creative context. Since you can get really crazy, busy sounds, it will be nice to be able to process them separately, especially samples....

• This opens it up a lot more. Wow. Cool to see people still jumping on the IAA train 🚂 tshooootshooo :)

Will come in handy for Cubasis and multi track Signal outgoing purposes

• Nice!!##

• Hopefully it won’t stress the CPU more than usual! I think I read it will be IAP

• But isn't IAA dying ?

• I guess it's one step closer to AU, not sure I'd pay for this. Not a fan of app switching.

• @nondes said:
    I guess it's one step closer to AU, not sure I'd pay for this. Not a fan of app switching.

I think it would be worse as AU , since driving multiple channels would require multiple instances&windows . More app switching ! Unless they implement an ElasticAUaudioSend1,2,3....
    But for now I really want to drive the outputs to Turnado !

• Honestly some apps are good as iaa and I feel this one is, I'm not anti it being au but if you create a song and sequence it really it does all the work and no switching is needed, if you wanna do live effects in the app I think au would be a pain anyway

• edited July 2019

ED is cool af.
    O. Greschke rules
    Support for multi-outs is a nice deal for users who want to have their cake and eat it too: live play with all the post processing and editing available in your fav DAW (without having to take that extra stem export step that is already supported)

Not sure if an AUv3 port would work, given the heavy CPU load that ED imposes, but I’m no expert.

• Very cool! I was trying to figure out a way to send just the hats through an analog synth, to mix and envelope them along with the synth oscillators.

I wonder, does routing the drum channel to an alternate output, mute it in the main output? Ideally it would be a choice, but it could only be one way, you’d want it muted, because at least you could mix it back in with something like AUM.

• Certainly worth keeping and eye on when it is out... I do love this simple little sampler.

• I just want the fx app to go au

• @stormywaterz said:
    I just want the fx app to go au

It is sweet. I wish I could multitouch it though.

• SeekBeats has had this for years and is waaaaayyy more powerful from a sequencing as well as synthesis model standpoint...

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    SeekBeats has had this for years and is waaaaayyy more powerful from a sequencing as well as synthesis model standpoint...

Yah it is sweet. That ED sampler though is damn fun.

• @MonkeyDrummer Im surprised to hear that you think the sequencer is more powerful in seekbeats, the drum synth is defo easier and possibly more powerful.

Ive spent more time in ED than Seekbeats so Im biased. In ED you can do so many things (almost all knobs can be automated) per step and even pitch frequency to notes. Its a pretty neat sequencer. Can you share the cool things the Seekbeats sequencer can do?

• @Richtowns said:
    @MonkeyDrummer Im surprised to hear that you think the sequencer is more powerful in seekbeats, the drum synth is defo easier and possibly more powerful.

Ive spent more time in ED than Seekbeats so Im biased. In ED you can do so many things (almost all knobs can be automated) per step and even pitch frequency to notes. Its a pretty neat sequencer. Can you share the cool things the Seekbeats sequencer can do?

Yeah, I think the synth engine of Seek is punchier (but ED does have some quirky / cool synth engines, especially in the Future Drums IAP and then there's the sampler), but the sequencer in ED is much more powerful.

With Seek you can only automate parameters with velocity control that's mapped to parameter(s). In ED you can independently automate just about every parameter with continuous automation.

With Seek you can only set the length of the pattern as a whole. With ED you can set the length of tracks independently for polymetric fun.

Plus there are only 8 patterns in Seek and it doesn't show which patterns are used or empty... and, I have to bring up again, the bug with the Audiobus slide-over panel is supremely annoying.

And if you really don't like the sequencer (or want to use an external controller), with ED you can control everything through MIDI (including parameter controls) with Seek you only get note (with that velocity control) and pattern sequencing - I really wish those randomize sliders could be automated....

• ED has many many patterns per kit, and each pattern remembers all the parameter settings. That’s why I use ED more than SeekBeats.