Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cirrus - sax looping with GroupTheLoop

edited July 2019 in Creations

My new track CIRRUS - sax looping with GroupTheLoop iOS app (here on iPhone beta version, already available on iPad).

100 % made on iPhone 7 Plus, using various apps including GTL and Audiobus.

Instrumental loops are triggered live (including groups switching and drums muting), all saxes loops and sax solos are played live and recorded/performed in one pass in GroupTheLoop with a pedalboard.

No post production except for Lurssen Mastering Console on the GTL stereo file performance recording.

Initial loops are made in Audiobus with Ruismaker/Atom for drums, Volt/Lorentz/ModelD/Atom for pad, with various AU effects, and recorded directly in GroupTheLoop via Audiobus.

I just discovered GroupTheLoop recently while beta testing it on the iPhone, this app really rocks and opens looping to new possibilities!!!

Comments

• Tasty! :smiley: :+1:

• Love it! So beautiful smooth jazz!

• Another awesome track of improvisation from Jean Rochat. That's what a sax needs to sound like: French Selmer Mark IV tenor? with a nice thick reed? excellent embouchure.

Adolpe Sax was a Belgian but he did speak french. I learned that here on the forum when corrected recently.

Please loop some more. This looping thing could catch on.

• edited July 2019

Thanks 🙏 @rs2000 @Tones4Christ @mrcanister

@McD thanks too. That’s not a Selmer MVI, but a low cost unbranded tenor sax from Gear4Music. It sounds great, being a Yanagisawa copy. The mouthpiece is a french Lebayle LRII 8* (cost more than the sax!!) with a Plasticover 2 reed. That being said, most of the sound is made by the player himself, then the mouthpiece plays the bigger role on gear side.

• @Janosax said:
    most of the sound is made by the player himself, then the mouthpiece plays the bigger role on gear side.

Great... yet another instrument where you have no one to blame but yourself if it sounds like shite. I have a shed full of instruments that won't play themselves. This is why I like IOS.
    Lot's of instruments that are really the problem and not me.

I just heard some Stan Getz on my iPhone and it made me want a tenor sax to play "Girl From Ipanema" and to sing like Astrid Gilberto when she sings in Portuguese. I had a neighbors once that complained about the "moscas". Time "moscas". The one thing you cannot buy is more "moscas".

• edited July 2019

@McD said:

@Janosax said:
    most of the sound is made by the player himself, then the mouthpiece plays the bigger role on gear side.

Great... yet another instrument where you have no one to blame but yourself if it sounds like shite. I have a shed full of instruments that won't play themselves. This is why I like IOS.
    Lot's of instruments that are really the problem and not me.

I just heard some Stan Getz on my iPhone and it made me want a tenor sax to play "Girl From Ipanema" and to sing like Astrid Gilberto when she sings in Portuguese. I had a neighbors once that complained about the "moscas". Time "moscas". The one thing you cannot buy is more "moscas".

Lol, so true!! And don’t forget those damned cpu throttle, graphics over audio thread priority, and hazardous mixdowns!!! :D

• Joao Gilberto has died... great tunes. The father of Bossa Nova that wrote many tunes in a bathroom and learned to sing soft enough not to wake anyone up. A voice that would fit perfectly in the ASMR world.