Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chameleon AUv3 Sampler Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

• Is there a manual for this app or any other 4Pockets app? When importing a file I get no sound from the keyboard even after setting the root key and range. Works fine for recording. Could be a sample rate issue? But there’s really no way to tell with any docs.

• edited May 2019

@DCJ said:
    Is there a manual for this app or any other 4Pockets app? When importing a file I get no sound from the keyboard even after setting the root key and range. Works fine for recording. Could be a sample rate issue? But there’s really no way to tell with any docs.

Have only recorded so far, but just tried an import.

Was in standalone mode. Created new "TestImport" preset. Imported sample. Cropped sample. Set root key, then range. Then, saved preset.

Works for me.

• @skiphunt said:

@DCJ said:
    Is there a manual for this app or any other 4Pockets app? When importing a file I get no sound from the keyboard even after setting the root key and range. Works fine for recording. Could be a sample rate issue? But there’s really no way to tell with any docs.

Was in standalone mode. Created new "TestImport" preset. Imported sample. Cropped sample. Set root key, then range. Then, saved preset.

Works for me.

Do you remember the sample rate of the sample?

• @DCJ said:

@skiphunt said:

@DCJ said:

Works for me.

Do you remember the sample rate of the sample?

16bit 44.1 .wav

• Does this support choke groups? Can’t seem to find it if it does

• New dedicated preset browser in Chameleon. I think this developer actually makes music on iPad.

• +1 for time stretch and possibly add a couple choke groups in for the pads. Once you figured this app out it is a super easy work flow. And maybe move the one shot button to the sampler area especially if your trying to create a one shot instead of dropping down a couple menus.

• anyone know if chameleon have an automap sample capability, similar to ns2?
    i am thinking of purchasing synthjacker to create samples and load them in chameleon.

• @nondes said:
    Needs SFZ support, then I'll buy it. I already have AudioLayer and am reasonably satisfied for my sampling needs.

Did this ever get SFZ support ... or what other format does it support? 😎😇🙏🏼

• I’ve found the developer very responsive and quite knowledgeable, might not hurt to shoot him an e-mail with some of these questions.

• @realdawei said:
    New dedicated preset browser in Chameleon. I think this developer actually makes music on iPad.

Interesting. I can't get it to open in GB. The wheel just spins and spins...

• Anyone else using Chameleon in iPadOS? I think the latest beta broke file import

• @realdawei said:
    Anyone else using Chameleon in iPadOS? I think the latest beta broke file import

yeah, i cant get it to import anymore.

• A quick question before I take the plunge:

Can Chameleon sample IAA apps when hosted as an instrument in Cubasis?
    I'm looking for an upgrade on the inbuilt sampler, but would rather not load the app into an FX slot.

• The newest update to Chameleon "modified internal name from 'SampleFX' to 'Chameleon' and 'SampleFX MIDI' to 'Chameleon MIDI' to avoid confusion." This has created much more confusion:

This has resulted in all existing Chameleon AUv3 tracks to lose their instrument preset assignments in existing Cubasis projects, because the "SampleFX" link has been lost.

This is the exact same problem that occured when Synthmaster One changed its internal name: the tracks lost their preset assignments. I alerted the developer to this, and he understood, and very kindly reverted to the original internal name in the next update. Thank you again for that.

This is why it's so difficult to continue to create professional product on the iOS platform; random developers make these "housekeeping" decisions without regard for how their apps are actually being used, and the ramifications thereof.

PLEASE revert back to the original "SampleFX" internal name if possible. This has created a huge problem in scores of soon-to-be-released tracks! @4Pockets

• @musikeer said:
    The newest update to Chameleon "modified internal name from 'SampleFX' to 'Chameleon' and 'SampleFX MIDI' to 'Chameleon MIDI' to avoid confusion." This has created much more confusion:

This has resulted in all existing Chameleon AUv3 tracks to lose their instrument preset assignments in existing Cubasis projects, because the "SampleFX" link has been lost.

This is the exact same problem that occured when Synthmaster One changed its internal name: the tracks lost their preset assignments. I alerted the developer to this, and he understood, and very kindly reverted to the original internal name in the next update. Thank you again for that.

This is why it's so difficult to continue to create professional product on the iOS platform; random developers make these "housekeeping" decisions without regard for how their apps are actually being used, and the ramifications thereof.

PLEASE revert back to the original "SampleFX" internal name if possible. This has created a huge problem in scores of soon-to-be-released tracks! @4Pockets

Oh crap, so now all my AUM projects using Chameleon are screwed just like my projects using Riffer where when they did the same thing. :s

• Exactly.

• Old AUM projects with Chameleon are loaded correctly on iOS 11.3.1.
    For me the only problem with @4Pockets is freezing on AUM when I change presets (as mentioned in another thread)

• Even though the name changed I think it's for the better as 'Sampler FX' is too anonymous among the plug-ins.
    Sure I get that there will be 'issues' with older projects but the new projects will be a lot clearer to see what's going on...

Don't know if it's possible to have dynamic plug-in display names but if it is then show the current 'preset name' instead of Chameleon Sampler etc.

Don't know if the 'Plug-In ID' for Chameleon has changed or just the display name?
    A host should never be dependent on the name but rather the ID to combat situations where the plug-in changes name for what ever reason that is...

I'm still not 100% friends with Chameleon and still do most of my Sampling in BM3... (Or Renoise & Logic Pro X).

• @Tatobx said:
    Old AUM projects with Chameleon are loaded correctly on iOS 11.3.1.

Thank the maker for that!

• It’s unfortunate. I hope Cubasis changes their plugin hosting implementation. Its just not ideal.

• any word on this, @4Pockets?

• No need to revert back to the original "SamplerFX" name, @4Pockets. Not that it was probably ever under consideration. I've gone through every project that used Chameleon and corrected them to link to the renamed AUv3. Hopefully, The Name Remains The Same going ahead.

• hey,

Is anyone having problems with the plugin?

I just bought the app as part of the "Audio Creative AUv3" pack and it seems to not work at all in guest mode.
    GarageBand won't load it and NanoStudio2 shows error "Couldn't communicate with a helper application" and won't load either. It works fine in standalone mode. Also, the other plugins in pack (Shimmer and Atomizer) work fine as guests.

I'm using iPhone 8+ and running latest iOS.

• @god said:
    hey,

I just bought the app as part of the "Audio Creative AUv3" pack and it seems to not work at all in guest mode.
    GarageBand won't load it and NanoStudio2 shows error "Couldn't communicate with a helper application" and won't load either. It works fine in standalone mode. Also, the other plugins in pack (Shimmer and Atomizer) work fine as guests.

Working fine here, Cubasis, AUM and Audiobus. Perhaps you need to launch the app in standalone first?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@god said:
    hey,

Working fine here, Cubasis, AUM and Audiobus. Perhaps you need to launch the app in standalone first?

Hi,

Yep.. restarting device, waiting a few minutes, running as standalone solved it! Dev was responsive and helped, too. Might have been a plugin registeration system issue.

Thank you!

• @god said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@god said:
    hey,

Hi,

Yep.. restarting device, waiting a few minutes, running as standalone solved it! Dev was responsive and helped, too. Might have been a plugin registeration system issue.

Thank you!

👍

• How do I export my samples once I have made them and edited them.
    I can see an import method but no export to iOS Files as is suggested.
    Am I missing something?