Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Observations

Comments

• @MonzoPro It must be said that this is not the England I miss mostly Mister Monzo. I suspect I am (still) too much of a softie southerner etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @MonzoPro It must be said that this is not the England I miss mostly Mister Monzo. I suspect I am (still) too much of a softie southerner etc.

I watched a documentary about him last night, incredible story and very inspiring. Recommend for southern softies (me included) too.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @MonzoPro It must be said that this is not the England I miss mostly Mister Monzo. I suspect I am (still) too much of a softie southerner etc.

I watched a documentary about him last night, incredible story and very inspiring. Recommend for southern softies (me included) too.

Oh yeah, looking forward to watching that, the biopic film was good too :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

There are some objects battered and sufficiently old to be about perfect (self, obviously), but what IS this thing?

Stereo converter right?

Beautiful photo. Love the patina and obvious provenance.

I have much chipped lead paint in my house due to object like this.....LOL

• @Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Oh yeah, looking forward to watching that, the biopic film was good too :)

Really good, and interesting to hear his early music before he became ‘Frank’.

• @monzopro Mister Allen. Yes. I admire bits and bobs of his (and his influence), but have always struggled with his (to me) somewhat elfin-fairy-in-the-dell vocal style. I think it's the extra bit of hidden Aussie at the bottom that ruins it for me :) But then while I saw him in Hyde Park in the 70s I was most assuredly more Rock Against Racism/ANL Punk at that point than the more well-tempered hippies wandering around Eel Pie Island around the corner from my house....Happy days actually :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @monzopro Mister Allen. Yes. I admire bits and bobs of his (and his influence), but have always struggled with his (to me) somewhat elfin-fairy-in-the-dell vocal style. I think it's the extra bit of hidden Aussie at the bottom that ruins it for me :) But then while I saw him in Hyde Park in the 70s I was most assuredly more Rock Against Racism/ANL Punk at that point than the more well-tempered hippies wandering around Eel Pie Island around the corner from my house....Happy days actually :)

You are very lucky to witness that. Daevid was one of my all time heroes.

• @BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @monzopro Mister Allen. Yes. I admire bits and bobs of his (and his influence), but have always struggled with his (to me) somewhat elfin-fairy-in-the-dell vocal style. I think it's the extra bit of hidden Aussie at the bottom that ruins it for me :) But then while I saw him in Hyde Park in the 70s I was most assuredly more Rock Against Racism/ANL Punk at that point than the more well-tempered hippies wandering around Eel Pie Island around the corner from my house....Happy days actually :)

Believe me, any criticism on my part is purely personal taste, I know a LOT of folks in London and beyond who were and remain serious fans of his.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@BroCoast said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Believe me, any criticism on my part is purely personal taste, I know a LOT of folks in London and beyond who were and remain serious fans of his.

I often found his vocal style annoying. :)
    It is very aussie feral like.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

He’s done so many things - punk/new wave, avant garde, ambient - all sorts, as well as being the central motivator for Gong. He sneaks in just above Lennon as my all time favourite musician.

That album in particular is a ‘grounder’ for me. When things are getting weird and scary, that reminds me who I am and brings back some focus. In these dark, turbulent times, sometimes a bit of airy fairyness helps lighten the mood.

I was lucky enough to meet him a few times when I was helping out with the Gong website, and he was a thoroughly decent geezer. Inspirational.

• @MonzoPro said:
    When things are getting weird and scary, that reminds me who I am and brings back some focus. ,,,

That's a hell of a gift, feel quite jealous actually :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    When things are getting weird and scary, that reminds me who I am and brings back some focus. ,,,

I think it's just a case of linking me back to a time in my 20's when I was young, healthy, happy and enjoying life to the full. This was the theme music to that period and I listened to it constantly, so it's vibes take me straight back to that person I used to be. Life gets tougher as you get older, so sometimes it's good to have a reminder of a more confident and optimistic time in ones life.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

I think it's just a case of linking me back to a time in my 20's when I was young, healthy, happy and enjoying life to the full. This was the theme music to that period and I listened to it constantly, so it's vibes take me straight back to that person I used to be. Life gets tougher as you get older, so sometimes it's good to have a reminder of a more confident and optimistic time in ones life.

Very interesting. I find (have found) that life is getting easier/more enjoyable than it was (apart from the dying etc). Guess it depends on one's personal circumstances/which way the mop flops etc...

• ZAZ-966E “Eliette” Soviet car designed for export, 1960′s.

Sex sells. And guitars.

• a) That's the smallest bass guitar I've ever seen.

b) The photographic "studio" is hilarious, two dirty sheets and some spotlights.

• Finger plucking ......

• It irks me considerably that I had not previously considered this...

• This is pretty much exactly right as far as I remember...

• edited July 2019

One of my favorite songs is 'The Dream Before' by Laurie Anderson. I think it brilliant for many reasons, but was just now reading of how Gretel Adorno was a good friend of Walter Benjamin...

'The Dream Before' includes the telling phrase "history is an angel being blown backwards into the future" and further references Walter Benjamin on Paul Klee's painting Angelus Novus, the ninth of Benjamin's Theses on the Philosophy of History...

I would very much like to ask Ms A. if that Gretel was a coincidence or a nudge in her writing the lyrics....

Hansel and Gretel are alive and well
    And they're living in Berlin
    She is a cocktail waitress
    He had a part in a Fassbinder film

And they sit around at night now
    Drinking schnapps and gin
    And she says, 'Hansel, you're really bringing me down.'
    And he says, 'Gretel, you can really be a bitch.'

He says, I've wasted my life on our stupid legend
    When my one and only love was the wicked witch

She said, What is history?
    And he said, History is an angel
    Being blown
    Backwards
    Into the future
    He said: History is a pile of debris
    And the angel wants to go back and fix things
    To repair the things that have been broken

But there is a storm blowing from Paradise
    And the storm keeps blowing the angel
    Backwards
    Into the future

And this storm, this storm
    Is called
    Progress

• @gusgranite here is mine today.

• @DMan said:
    @gusgranite here is mine today.

Meant for you, brother Gus @AudioGus

Sage words, at that...

• @gusgranite said:

@DMan said:

Sage words, at that...

Oh, oops. Seems like I gus got it mixed up.

• edited July 2019

@DMan said:

@gusgranite said:

@DMan said:

Sage words, at that...

Oh, oops. Seems like I gus got it mixed up.

Dis gus ting!

(Say it in a rasta voice :) If you're struggling just remember, to say bacon -for example- all you need to do is to say beer can...)