Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app — Midi Mod

5 bux for this new app, no affiliation just posting for info. Purposes.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-mod/id1465677026

Comments

• It looks at least interesting :)

• Def looks interesting, anyone but?

• @nondes said:
    Def looks interesting, anyone but?

Looks ugly lol but workable

• MvsM Hockey is tempting...

• @reasOne said:

@nondes said:
    Def looks interesting, anyone but?

Looks ugly lol but workable

Hmmm...that feels familiar....

Look forward to any boffin's report.

• I guess it's obsolete when you use apeMatrix's built-in LFOs?

• This would be no brainer instabuy if it at least had Link for tempo sync. Midi clock sync is a pita on iPad.

• I don’t find it ugly, but lack of AU will make me give it a pass for now. Maybe it doesn’t need it...

• @rs2000 said:
    I guess it's obsolete when you use apeMatrix's built-in LFOs?

From reading the description, the LFOs and envelopes can modulate each other, so that’s a plus, I think.

• @ALB said:

@rs2000 said:

From reading the description, the LFOs and envelopes can modulate each other, so that’s a plus, I think.

You're right. And the option to adjust the max. amount of MIDI messages per second looks like another plus, especially with external gear.

• @rs2000 said:

@ALB said:

@rs2000 said:

You're right. And the option to adjust the max. amount of MIDI messages per second looks like another plus, especially with external gear.

Yeah, that's what interesting. LFO the LFO, LOL.

• We need a video mod!

• It’s doing my head in and I’ve only had a glimpse of it 🤪

• More info and vids on their website

https://eokuwwy.blogspot.com/

• .....and their YT channel

• edited July 2019

@thinds muchos thank-you.

• App being used with Synth One.

• Seems to be buggy at present crashing a lot turning on off ARP and LFO,s ! Email to dev sent.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Seems to be buggy at present crashing a lot turning on off ARP and LFO,s ! Email to dev sent.

Is it just MIDI clock for sync? I really, really want a function generator (someone please make a Maths, Rampage, or Stages for iOS!) but for me, if it's not AU, it needs to have Link at least!

• Hey there, just joined! I'm the MIDI Mod developer and just wanted you all to know that I appreciate the feedback and am writing down suggestions. Jumpercollins, hopefully we can get the cause of the crash figured out soon. Sounds like Link is high on the list. Feel free to ask me any questions!

• @thesrabbit said:
    Hey there, just joined! I'm the MIDI Mod developer and just wanted you all to know that I appreciate the feedback and am writing down suggestions. Jumpercollins, hopefully we can get the cause of the crash figured out soon. Sounds like Link is high on the list. Feel free to ask me any questions!

@thesrabbit Good to hear from you. I jumped at this app as I see lots of potential but I am experiencing lots of crashes on my iPad Air 2 iOS 12.1.1 even with just this and say AUM open. Crashes almost every time I select a user preset.

Better stability would vastly improve user experience so I hope you are able to achieve this.

Good luck 🙂

• @Trueyorky thanks for the info and sorry to hear about the crashes. Are you sending midi from the MIDI Mod app to AUM when it crashes? I’m going to download AUM tonight and see if I can reproduce issues that people are experiencing with it. Thanks so much! Feel free to contact me via email as well. (eokuwwy at gmail)

• Welcome to the forum @thesrabbit and congrats on the app....

• I would buy this if it was AU, but not really useful to me otherwise. Looks interesting though.

• AU format is great ,but certainly not all apps require it , especially a midi app ;)
    Plus if it was AU it would require a host and the interface would be smaller . Maybe a combination would be great , as standalone plus AU.

• Yes, welcome @thesrabbit ! Also, would love AU version..🎛🌈🚀

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Welcome to the forum @thesrabbit and congrats on the app....

What he said. App looks great.

Curious about your todo list for preset mappings. Is it possible for users to create them via MIDI Learn and then share with you for future inclusion? I'd be up for creating one for the Sequential Six-Trak at least.

Have you considered adopting Squarp's format? It's a pretty basic text file format (https://squarp.net/modedefinition) and there are already droves of them available at https://squarp.community/c/def

• @syrupcore wow, didn’t know about squarp, that looks awesome! I do want to improve the ability to expand those predefined templates more easily. For now you can just email me at eokuwwy (at gmail) with your requests and if you have a link to the CC mappings, like in an owners manual, or in this case the squarp mapping above would probably suffice. I have a schema that I plan to open source eventually. So it’s a similar idea as the squarp definition, but it includes sysex, ccs, nrpn, and then device capabilities, like if it responds to aftertouch, program changes, midi clock, etc.

Thanks for sharing that!

• @thesrabbit said:
    @Trueyorky thanks for the info and sorry to hear about the crashes. Are you sending midi from the MIDI Mod app to AUM when it crashes? I’m going to download AUM tonight and see if I can reproduce issues that people are experiencing with it. Thanks so much! Feel free to contact me via email as well. (eokuwwy at gmail)

Email sent.