Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg gadget / undo ? / disable autosave

So is there a secret way to disable autosave or have an undo button I can't find??
I worked hard to create a preset in Wolfsburg, and have been building a song for a couple days.... And no thanks to autosave I just pretty much lost it all, I accidentally touched the arrow to change the preset and advanced to the next preset , and it fkn autosaved it and I couldn't get back the sound I designed....i didn't save the preset I made just the song , guess that was a bad idea but I think it's dumb to constantly be saving a preset with every knob tweak...
Frustrating as it gets, autosave has been the worst thing ever in every app I literally can't stand it, it's never helped me only hurt...
I can click save when I'm ready I don't need an apps help... Seriously, get rid of it!

Comments

• @reasOne said:
    So is there a secret way to disable autosave or have an undo button I can't find??
    I worked hard to create a preset in Wolfsburg, and have been building a song for a couple days.... And no thanks to autosave I just pretty much lost it all, I accidentally touched the arrow to change the preset and advanced to the next preset , and it fkn autosaved it and I couldn't get back the sound I designed....i didn't save the preset I made just the song , guess that was a bad idea but I think it's dumb to constantly be saving a preset with every knob tweak...
    Frustrating as it gets, autosave has been the worst thing ever in every app I literally can't stand it, it's never helped me only hurt...
    I can click save when I'm ready I don't need an apps help... Seriously, get rid of it!

Are you sure that it auto-saves and doesn't just maintain project state until you close it?

While I don't have last week's update, all prior versions don't auto-save. I.e.when you open Gadget it opens the last project in the state it was in last time but it doesn't actually save that version of the file until you explicitly save. So, if you open another project before saving the current one, the next time you open that projet, it will be in the state it was in when last explicitly saved.

• edited July 2019

Well I quickly closed the program and re opened it, and the preset went back to the default that I started tweaking it from...
    I'll try to reopen it when I get back to my iPad and hopeful that it gets back to the last save , maybe I need to go to the project and re open it even tho it auto opens to the last project you were on, but if I re open hopefully it'll go back to the last save state instead of the last place I left post save lol

• @reasOne
    It happened to me a few times and that efficiently taught me to save presets when I've created a new one. I even save intermediate versions of the same preset to really make sure nothing gets lost. I often save in pretty much any app - Gadget is quite stable but others, you never know when they crash ;)

• @rs2000 said:
    @reasOne
    It happened to me a few times and that efficiently taught me to save presets when I've created a new one. I even save intermediate versions of the same preset to really make sure nothing gets lost. I often save in pretty much any app - Gadget is quite stable but others, you never know when they crash ;)

I'm deff gonna have to get into that habit of saving these, I'm used to hardware where the preset stays until adjusted hahaa...
    Ya gadget is so stable, I love so much about it but this really got me fired up hahaha.
    From now on I'll just save save save 😁

• @rs2000 said:
    @reasOne

Yeah. I Save As periodically if you are experimenting so that you can always go back to a known state. And save when you get it to something you would regret losing.

@reasOne : In case it wasn't clear, if you don't open another project Gadget opens with a project in the last state it was in which is NOT the last saved state. To get back to the last saved state, open another project and then re-open your project. Note that you will lose any changes since the last explicit Save. Always a good idea to Save As if you aren't sure what the last saved state was.

• @reasOne said:

@rs2000 said:
    @reasOne

I'm deff gonna have to get into that habit of saving these, I'm used to hardware where the preset stays until adjusted hahaa...
    Ya gadget is so stable, I love so much about it but this really got me fired up hahaha.
    From now on I'll just save save save 😁

Haha, you remind me of my first days with Cubase Audio on Windows 95 on a Compaq 5380 Laptop with a docking station that had an ISA sound card installed. Man, what a set up. I brought it to our studio full of skeptics (who only trusted their ADATs) to showcase modern times B) . And Cubasis Audio was a crashfest on that machine, so one of the guys soon sat right next to me only to remind me to "Save Save Save" after each edit :D

• @espiegel123 said:
    @reasOne : In case it wasn't clear, if you don't open another project Gadget opens with a project in the last state it was in which is NOT the last saved state. To get back to the last saved state, open another project and then re-open your project. Note that you will lose any changes since the last explicit Save. Always a good idea to Save As if you aren't sure what the last saved state was.

Exactly. Dont even need to open another project, you just open the current project and it will be like you saved it (including presets).
    There’s no auto save.

• Thanks dudes that's great info, I thought it was auto saving as when I closed and reopen the app, the project picked up where I left off... That's actually a really nice feature...
    I reopened the project and got all my work back! Another satisfied gadget customer...

I'm really surprised that no one has crafted a gadget like DAW for iOS that lets you host auv3, cuz for me it's almost a perfect mobile workflow... Things are easy to find, well laid out, and easily controlled via touch... Compact with little menu diving, great for everyday song building... It's not as deep as ableton or cubase but that's what I want most of the time in a mobile environment...

Good looking out!

• @rs2000 haha that's funny story man! And you learned early on 🤣

• That’s one of the things I love about gadget, no auto save

I’m always opening old projects and tweaking stuff I don’t neccessary want to save and with the auto save apps it can be annoying if I forget.