Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Comments

• @david_2017 said:
    I can’t believe how awesome this suite is!
    Sounding so frigging good. Someone over in the Elektron forums posted a piece with it that sounds like a loscil production

(In case anyone wonders - https://www.elektronauts.com/t/ipad-music-apps/31997/1884)

Speaking of copyright 🙈😁 what speaked against calling them clouds, rings etc? I am not used to the new names by now 🤔

Good find dude

• edited July 2019

just wanted to add too the sea of gratitude for these wonderful ports. Thanks @burns_audio, really great work!

some small workflow suggestions for your consideration:

• tap for popup lists for the mod matrix on items with many sources/destinations
    • double tap knobs to return to zero
    • value popup above the knob. as it is, finger obscures the value

Not trying to look this gift horse in the mouth.. really!! :D

• edited July 2019

@palm said:
    just wanted to add too the sea of gratitude for these wonderful ports. Thanks @burns_audio, really great work!

• tap for popup lists for the mod matrix on items with many sources/destinations

Double tap already is implemented, you need to double tap on the parameter text 👍

• @[Deleted User] said:

@palm said:

Double tap already is implemented, you need to double tap on the parameter text 👍

ah, thanks! didn't catch that.

• @burns_audio said:

@ElectroHead said:
    To my ear the sound quality is second to none in iOS. And the possibilities....wow. Thank you so much @burns_audio.

Emilie at Mutable Instruments deserves the sound quality praise.. she's an absolute genius

Top class 👍

• edited July 2019

Thanks @burns_audio for a great app and thanks @wim for a great Mozaic Script to go with it.

https://patchstorage.com/spectrum-parameter-randomizer/

Double tapping that Randomizer rotary getting some fabulous textures.

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

I decided to go ahead and post my Spectrum Parameter Randomizer Mozaic script even though it’s not fully tested and will also need to be adapted to pending parameter changes in Spectrum. Feel free to try it if you like. Design feedback is welcome, though I doubt I’ll invest a ton of time trying to polish it. Hopefully it’s pretty straightforward to use.

[Edit] v0.2 adds a default exclusion for Pitch and Detune, and a knob to re-include them.
    [Edit 2] Pitch and Detune exclude isn’t working in Resonator. This is because of Resonator cc’s being duplicated. I’ll make adjustments when the cc’s have been corrected in the app.

Spectrum Parameter Randomizer v0.2

Select the Spectrum app being used (default Spectrum). Parameters will be displayed across the knobs. Tap SHIFT to see the second page of parameters. To randomize parameters, double-tap the Randomize knob, or set it to midway or higher, or send 64 or higher to the Knob 21 AU parameter.

MIDI cc thru is blocked by default but can be allowed. By default Volume, Pitch and Detune are excluded from randomization but can be enabled by changing the Excl. Vol. and Excl. Pitch knobs.

Other parameters can be excluded from randomization by holding down SHIFT while changing the knob value to zero. Sorry, at this time there's no indicator of the parameter when it's excluded. Temporarily re-enable

• @wim said:
    I decided to go ahead and post my Spectrum Parameter Randomizer Mozaic script even though it’s not fully tested and will also need to be adapted to pending parameter changes in Spectrum. Feel free to try it if you like. Design feedback is welcome, though I doubt I’ll invest a ton of time trying to polish it. Hopefully it’s pretty straightforward to use.

Spectrum Parameter Randomizer

Select the Spectrum app being used (default Spectrum). Parameters will be displayed across the knobs. Tap SHIFT to see the second page of parameters. To randomize parameters, double-tap the Randomize knob, or set it to midway or higher, or send 64 or higher to the Knob 21 AU parameter.

MIDI cc thru is blocked by default but can be allowed. By default Volume is excluded from randomization but can be enabled by changing the Fixed Vol. knob to Rand Vol.

Other parameters can be excluded from randomization by holding down SHIFT while changing the knob value to zero. Sorry, at this time there's no indicator of the parameter name when it's excluded. Temporarily re-enable it to see the parameter name again.

Thank you 🙏

• edited July 2019

@palm said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@palm said:

Also maybe if you didn't know you can actually slide your finger away from the knob and still control it so you can see the parameters text.

• edited July 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@palm said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@palm said:

Also maybe if you didn't know you can actually slide your finger away from the knob and still control it so you can see the parameters text.

good point, although I still believe it would be an improvement to have a popup above, so that you don't have to do the finger slide over, and that you'd still be able to see the parameter you're tweaking. I know it's awful to nitpick a free thing.. just that I imagine I will be using these ALOT! :)

• 🙏 @wim ! 😊

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

I uploaded a quick v0.2 of the randomizer Mozaic script. This one defaults to excluding Pitch and Detune, and a knob to include them.

[edit] Note: Pitch and Detune exclude isn’t working in Resonator. This is because of Resonator cc’s being duplicated. I’ll make adjustments when the cc’s have been corrected in the app.

• edited July 2019

Time to finally catch Mozaic by now ;)
    Thank you @wim

• @wim said:
    I uploaded a quick v0.2 of the randomizer Mozaic script. This one defaults to excluding Pitch and Detune, and a knob to include them.

Thanks man, I literally just tested your script and came to ask how I could alter it to do that!

Works great.

• @BroCoast said:

@wim said:

Thanks man, I literally just tested your script and came to ask how I could alter it to do that!

Works great.

You can also exclude any other parameter by holding down SHIFT and moving the knob to zero, but I figured people would want these three excluded most of the time. You can always save a preset that includes the excludes you use the most to get around needing to edit the script.

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

Man! What can Spectrum not do? I’m even getting great snares, hats, etc. almost by accident. I could play with this thing all day. B)

• We have been blessed with this one and its free. We better make some cool music using it... out of respect.

• Really looking forward to giving this clever notion a workout today.
    I just like sound ... still have very little grasp of how we get them ... slowly dawning on me.

Not exactly intuitive these little AUV3 critters - not much room for explanations. Desperate need for videos. But I'd just like to express my gratitude to these brave coders who venture where no one has gone before. Some truly amazing gadgets, some brilliant ideas and all driven by a remarkable spirit of generosity. It's a very interesting - even exciting - process to watch.

• @wim said:

@BroCoast said:

@wim said:

Works great.

You can also exclude any other parameter by holding down SHIFT and moving the knob to zero, but I figured people would want these three excluded most of the time. You can always save a preset that includes the excludes you use the most to get around needing to edit the script.

Very cool.

@wim said:
    Man! What can Spectrum not do? I’m even getting great snares, hats, etc. almost by accident. I could play with this thing all day. B)

B)

• What is the xy pad assigned to by default in Spectrum? And is there a way to change it?

Any repost of the manual would be appreciated. I clicked through a couple pages and got lazy.

• @oat_phipps said:
    What is the xy pad assigned to by default in Spectrum? And is there a way to change it?

Any repost of the manual would be appreciated. I clicked through a couple pages and got lazy.

Think its on midi cc 2 and 3, there is a link on the app to the manual if you open it standalone.

• This was a nice update, multi instance automation seems to work fine now, x/y pad automation is still not working for me though.

• @oat_phipps said:
    What is the xy pad assigned to by default in Spectrum? And is there a way to change it?

Launch the Spectrum app. It provides a link to the manual.

• Please post tips, tricks and links of interest to the wiki entry:

https://wiki.audiob.us/spectrum_synthesizer_bundle

QUESTION: Does Modal correspond to MI Braids?

• I'm looking forward to some deep electronic exploration with
    these once I finish setting up my parallel compression presets.

Thank you

• @oat_phipps said:

Do you mean, what does it control by default? Just flip to the Matrix pad to see what’s assigned. Each sub-app opens to a different default patch. I don’t know if that can be changed. But there is the Init preset that you can switch to in order to start from scratch.

• edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    Please post tips, tricks and links of interest to the wiki entry:

Modal is MI Elements

Spectrum is MI Plaits

Resonator is MI Rings

Granular is MI Clouds

• @aplourde said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Please post tips, tricks and links of interest to the wiki entry:

Modal is MI Elements

Spectrum is MI Plaits

Resonator is MI Rings

Granular is MI Clouds

Awesome. Thank you.

• edited July 2019

Tak

• Woah! This sounds great alongside Noir and Model 15.