Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Block Dashboard by Christophe Tornieri (for Roli Blocks)

edited July 2019 in General App Discussion

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1469611330

iOS ROLI block dashboard is now available on the AppStore. It is on sale for 2.79$ CAD until July the 9th. Then the price will be 5.49$ CAD.

Block Dashboard lets you make realtime configuration changes of your ROLI blocks without the need of a computer.

Features:

• Support ROLI Lightpad Block M, ROLI Seaboard block and ROLI Seaboard rise
  • Support multi connected devices at the same
  • Run in parallel with other music applications (lets you control the settings of your blocks while playing software synths)
  • Support MPE/Single/Multi mode
  • Support changes of midi channel
  • Support changes of midi CC associated to each dimension
  • Support configuration of the sensitivity of each dimension (strike, press, glide, slide, lift)
  • Support Scale and Chord modes
  • For ROLI Lightpad block only: support loading of the default littlefoot note program, choice of the block mode (5x5, 4x4, 3x3, 2x2 grid).

Note: It does not currently support presets. Closing the application will reset to default parameters.

Comments

• I remember reading somewhere that roli will release a dashboard for ios soon. I don’t have the source so maybe it was just wishful thinking

• @fattigman said:
    I remember reading somewhere that roli will release a dashboard for ios soon. I don’t have the source so maybe it was just wishful thinking

Maybe it is this you remember, same developer:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33383/roli-ios-dashboard-coming-soon

• @White said:

@fattigman said:
    I remember reading somewhere that roli will release a dashboard for ios soon. I don’t have the source so maybe it was just wishful thinking

Maybe it is this you remember, same developer:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33383/roli-ios-dashboard-coming-soon

I think it was a roli official announcement. Anyways this app is exactly what I need and 20 sek (2 €) is a ridicilous price for such a useful app.

• edited July 2019

Isn't this configuration also available in the Noise app? I'll be buying this anyway, as the Noise app is so badly designed, but just checking.

• Bought! Roli really messed up the blocks iOS integration outside of their own app. I went all in assuming this had all been thought out since they marketed it at iOS as well as desktop. I’m glad to see someone is picking up the slack. Makes no sense that you needed a computer up to this point to make changes.

Maybe this will get me to bring all my Roli kit out of the storage. Wish it supported presets, maybe on the next update hopefully

@mistercharlie said:
    Isn't this configuration also available in the Noise app? I'll be buying this anyway, as the Noise app is so badly designed, but just checking.

Hmmm, i hadn’t used the app in a long time, can you point me to where this configuration is?

• I’m getting a lot of connection drops. So far too unstable to get anything useful done but I’m looking forward to watching it develop.

• I’m really hoping this gets stabilized and works well!

You would think these settings would be in the Noise app but they really aren’t. The Noise app hasn’t been updated in forever, I hope that ROLI is still working a much more current IOS offering.

• edited July 2019

I misread and corrected myself.

• edited July 2019

Oi! Ya I didn’t read the “note” at the end of app description, about the app not currently supporting presets.
    This makes the app relatively useless.
    I want to request a refund, but I guess it’s my own fault for not reading the full description.
    I feel like the paper boy in the movie Better off dead- “where’s my two dollars!”
    I’ve emailed dev to see how soon this may change.
    In the interim has anyone got any use from this app?

• Thanks @White Already had contact with Christophe. This will be a great update, presets saving!

Christophe hopes to release the final version next week.

• Just an update on this app. It now has preset function and is pretty stable. It is an absolutely ESSENTIAL app for anyone with a seaboard or lightblocks. Shame on Roli for not releasing this themselves, it makes me so angry that they still haven't done this. This app is an absolute and utter gamechanger.

To the person who mentioned that these settings can be adjusted in Noise, they can, but... Once you leave Noise they no longer work. So, totally useless. This app can run in the background and you can make real time changes while playing in AUM etc..

This gives me so much more flexibility in the apps I use with my seaboard. I can now finally play proper pitch bends on synths that don't have a default 48 pitchbend. That is massive. Can use the single channel setting to play basslines etc etc. Frankly I would have paid 50 dollars for this app, that's how useful it is. To get even more control over velocity, combine it with 'midi curve' from the midi tools AU set.

• @Gavinski Totally agree! This app is a must have for Roli users. The developer is very responsive and did a good job.

• Nice to hear he is responsive. Should maybe message him about the possibility of adding a midi curve type feature within the app itself then. Have u experimented with adding this into your setup yourself by the way? Makes a really big difference on some patches!

• edited February 2020

No, did not experimented adding a midi curve yet. But the idea of adding this feature in the app would be nice. You can contact Christophe at [email protected]

• Thanks Pierre

• Thanks for the heads up. Will fire it up this weekend.