Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New AU3 plugin: Tube AU - Play YouTube videos inside of audio unit hosts

Comments

• edited July 2019

• edited July 2019

@[Deleted User] said:
    Wow its here! Dude got a crafty price there. Hope he believes in black Friday 😉

We priced it higher than our other plugins because it was difficult to make and we suspect the number of users who need this functionality might be less than typical effect plugins. If I am wrong about that and lots of people need it then we can lower the price.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Blue_Mangoo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

We priced it higher than our other plugins because it was difficult to make and we suspect the number of users might be less than typical plugins. If I am wrong about that and lots of people need it then we can lower the price.

It's only $9.99. Seems to be the right price, but that's just me mate.

• i quickly bought it, until Youtube will not ask Apple to put this out of Appstore :))))

• edited July 2019

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

We priced it higher than our other plugins because it was difficult to make and we suspect the number of users who need this functionality might be less than typical effect plugins. If I am wrong about that and lots of people need it then we can lower the price.

Fair play, it is a unique app so I'm not complaining, more respect for a well thought out price 👍

• @dendy said:
    i quickly bought it, until Youtube will not ask Apple to put this out of Appstore :))))

My thoughts exactly! Bought!

• I would like to know what people do with it. Because I myself am not sure what the use cases are.

@EyeOhEss It’s version 1.0 so I dare not promise stability yet. But the dev team was quick about resolving all the bugs that appeared during testing so I think they will be able to fix the future bugs when customers report them.

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remixing and sampling videos fun. Jamming over other songs. Lots of use cases. Just worried it might get pulled.

• This is too cool. Does it open the possibility of displaying local video files?....maybe for short film scoring

• @realdawei said:
    This is too cool. Does it open the possibility of displaying local video files?....maybe for short film scoring

I don’t think so, but maybe upload the video as unlisted and run it there

• edited July 2019
  • @ipadbeatmaking said:

@realdawei said:
    This is too cool. Does it open the possibility of displaying local video files?....maybe for short film scoring

Oh I meant technology wise. Can a theoretical future AUv3 stream local video in a window if so programmed to do so.

• I would love too, but $10 is too steep for me too 🤔 but, yeah, sampling stuff would be the usecase

• @EyeOhEss said:
    audio stops when I leave AUM :( so no Koala or any other IAA.

Should be useful for sampling in to other au apps still though.

I’ll talk to the lead dev and see if he can arrange background playing

• @realdawei said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@realdawei said:

Oh I meant technology wise. Can a theoretical future AUv3 stream local video in a window if so programmed to do so.

Great idea, hope that is possible.

• edited July 2019
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    audio stops when I leave AUM :( so no Koala or any other IAA. At least not without clunking up the regular sampling workflow.

What do you want to do between YouTube and Koala? (Please excuse me for not knowing what Koala does.)

• @EyeOhEss said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    audio stops when I leave AUM :( so no Koala or any other IAA.

I’ll talk to the lead dev and see if he can arrange background playing

Awesome :) but I think it might be hard to get around... Background audio is one of the ‘perks’ for paying subscription for YouTube so I’m not sure there’ll be a way round it...

That means that making it work could put us on the wrong side of the law...?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@realdawei said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

@realdawei said:

Great idea, hope that is possible.

It could probably be done. This app is 100% developed by another member of our team, all I did is design the icon, so I’ll have to get his input regarding what is and isn’t possible.

• edited July 2019
  • edited July 2019
  • @Blue_Mangoo said:
    I would like to know what people do with it. Because I myself am not sure what the use cases are.

I think what everyone should do is be very quiet about it, because i have a feeling this app is going to get pulled from the store or blocked in some way by Youtube very soon once they find out about its existence... awesome app though! I instantly had to get it.

Is it possible to make the audio continue to play in the background like the usual background audio? Currently the video and audio stop playing once the host is put to the background. Probably very complicated...?

• @Dutchee said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:
    I would like to know what people do with it. Because I myself am not sure what the use cases are.

I think what everyone should do is be very quiet about it, because i have a feeling this app is going to get pulled from the store or blocked in some way by Youtube very soon once they find out about its existence... awesome app though! I instantly had to get it.

Is it possible to make the audio continue to play in the background like the usual background audio? Currently the video and audio stop playing once the host is put to the background. Probably very complicated...?

Complicated... I’m not sure yet. But from what @EyeOhEss said above, perhaps illegal, since you’re supposed to pay YouTube for that privilege.

• @[Deleted User] said:

Wait! How much did I just pay??

• 5G will turn it into a great recording studio from anywhere in the world.. Imagine a vocalist from Japan.. with no latency.. Will be like she is in a vocal booth.. 20 feet away in your studio..