Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cool Studio from Shipping Containers

Just found this online and looks pretty cool and thought I’d share:
https://containerstudios.com/

Comments

• That guy lives down the road from me. :smile:

• edited July 2019

@BroCoast said:
    That guy lives down the road from me. :smile:

Cool. Get a tour and report back 😬

• @echoopera said:

@BroCoast said:
    That guy lives down the road from me. :smile:

Cool. Get a tour and report back 😬

I've been in a few of them & recorded drums in one before. They're best as a small control room kind of deal.

• edited July 2019

Cool. Seems like a perfect little setup for an electronic/laptop iPad producer.

Perfect for a Podcast Studio 🤔🤪

• @echoopera said:

Indeed, they're usually kitted out well as far as the acoustics go.

Here is a local drummer in one of them:

• @echoopera said:

yeah,, only have to save up the other 88.000 dollars! you can buy a small terraced house here for that much... or 2 even ... in the rougher areas! :)

• A friend of mine has his own studio in a shipping container. Cost him about $4k for the container, and another $16k to make it useable for music. That doesn't include gear, just climate control, windows, and finishing the inside to look nicer, etc.

Acoustics and heat/cooling are still the biggest issues he still struggles with though. Even with a nice A/C unit, it gets crazy hot at times and all the metal and acoustic treatment hold in the heat for many hours after it's cooled off inside.

Neat idea, but for $88k you could build something much better suited and more comfortable for recording.

• This is why i love this forum. Wisdom and knowledge abound. 🙏🏼💕

• edited July 2019

A custom shed might be cheaper and won't have as many heating or insulation issues. You can also probably get one built with windows.

• @nondes said:
    A custom shed might be cheaper and won't have as many heating or insulation issues. You can also probably get one built with windows.

I can’t see Apple fanboys going for that...