Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The thing I miss most in iOS is..........

………John Walden’s Music App Blog.. I feel as if though AB has had to take up some of that slack.. Gosh I hope he starts that up again someday if he ever has the time..

Comments

• John's reviews were legendary.

When I launched an app I always sent him a promocode (actually I still do) and by the time I was done sending out codes I'd often already have a reply "Thanks for that code. By the way.. here's a multipage in-depth review with interesting screenshots, a benchmark with other products, some historical background information about the technology and a personal take!".

That guy is a machine (and a really nice person to boot) :)

• Dreaming about having a recording studio and orchestra in the palm of my hand.

• Ableton Live for IOS

• @LinearLineman said:
    Dreaming about having a recording studio and orchestra in the palm of my hand.

You're close.

• when the spirit of iOS was dominated by the likes of strange agency etc..

• Headphone jacks 😂

• @kobamoto said:
    when the spirit of iOS was dominated by the likes of strange agency etc..

true.. true... but there’s nothing stopping us making up for that by putting a bit more ‘strange’ into the muzik.. it’s the least we can do! :)

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Headphone jacks 😂

I was gonna say that, LOL

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

Micro SD card slot.

• Having to actually play music.

• @Telstar5 said:
    ………John Walden’s Music App Blog.. I feel as if though AB has had to take up some of that slack.. Gosh I hope he starts that up again someday if he ever has the time..

I agree. His reviews were more thorough than most I’ve seen for desktop VSTs; I’m glad I saved most of the articles before the site went down.. Fun to revisit them from time to time, particularly when brushing up on apps & AUs I haven’t used in a while.

• I miss discovering the platform and all the amazing apps for the first time. iOS will always have some sentimental value to me, as it was my introduction to the world of music production/synthesis and sampling.

• @wim said:
    Micro SD card slot.

on the nose!

• @RockySmalls said:

@wim said:
    Micro SD card slot.

on the nose!

That would look kinda funny. Middle of the forehead maybe though.

• @wim said:

@RockySmalls said:

@wim said:
    Micro SD card slot.

on the nose!

That would look kinda funny. Middle of the forehead maybe though.

definitely some kind of ‘up the flared nostril’ socket for me... or maybe a row of metal sockets on my teeth like gangsta braces..
    “don’t mess wid me playa! i’m sporting 6 terabytes in total across these molars! and my tongue piercing’s a wifi hub boyeeeeee! “

• I miss having less options lol but I also love having all these options... Since iOS is very affordable I have too much stuff but want more

• There is no single app replete with all the features.

• @brambos and @ZenEagle : Yeah, I shoulda typed a clearer title. The point was how much of a gaping hole in the iOS world his absence has left. Members newer to this forum have no idea how awesome it was to open his page virtually upon launch of a new app and see the best and most in depth reviews EVER!

• @Telstar5 said:
    @brambos and @ZenEagle : Yeah, I shoulda typed a clearer title. The point was how much of a gaping hole in the iOS world his absence has left. Members newer to this forum have no idea how awesome it was to open his page virtually upon launch of a new app and see the best and most in depth reviews EVER!

Right, I do miss in-depth reviews too sometimes. It's often the little things that can make a big difference for using or not using an app. Guys on Youtube like "loopop" or "True Cuckoo" do fantastic reviews and tutorials but rarely with iOS apps.

• @RockySmalls said:

@kobamoto said:
    when the spirit of iOS was dominated by the likes of strange agency etc..

true.. true... but there’s nothing stopping us making up for that by putting a bit more ‘strange’ into the muzik.. it’s the least we can do! :)

this is true.... and Igor is holding it down for the cause so I guess everything will be alright

• edited July 2019

musicappblog and soundtestroom brought me here
    it's been a fun ride

• Yep, I miss his blog too. When I started making music on the iPad about two years ago I think I read every single article and review on the site. It was full of very valuable information.

• Nanostudio, and Alchemy on iPhone

• edited July 2019

Hm. Can't remember single thing i'm missing on iOS :-))

Like every new app release or update is nice addition, but even if from now there would be never any new app release or update or whatever - i'm ok with that, i have everything i need for expressimg my musical ideas for rest of my life on my iPad.

• This still feels like it just started to me, something like seven years in now.

• edited July 2019

Posts whose title is a complete sentence :#

Being able to force CPU to max out to avoid the kind of dropouts that an happen from real-time audio processing on when CPU rate is constantly rising and falling.

• Kind of miss the limitations of early iOS music making

• And John Walden reviews were great for sure