Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Output through iPad speakers while guitar plugged into headset input

Is this possible?

I just wanted to have some fun plugging a guitar into my iPad and mess around adding a few fx so on. I’ve tried both AUM and Audiobus and once I’ve plugged in my guitar the only option for output is to use headphones 🎧

This not great for other people sitting next to me to hear while I experiment.

Is there any way around this or is this an iOS system thing?

Comments

• Its a system thing.

But AUM should be able to route to bluetooth if you have a bluetooth speaker sitting around. I’m not sure if AUM can override the iOS system, but it would be worth a try

• @Hmtx said:
    Its a system thing.

But AUM should be able to route to bluetooth if you have a bluetooth speaker sitting around. I’m not sure if AUM can override the iOS system, but it would be worth a try

Except BlueTooth audio results in horrible latency due to the way that BlueTooth audio works (the audio needs to be buffered an compressed with lossy compression which takes quite a lot of time).

• You can do it if you use an audio interface to bring the guitar in. You can get a Focusrite iTrack pocket for about $20 on eBay. Bluetooth speaker approach will likely have too much latency.

• @Rebus_Knebus said:
    You can do it if you use an audio interface to bring the guitar in. You can get a Focusrite iTrack pocket for about $20 on eBay. Bluetooth speaker approach will likely have too much latency.

Thanks! That’s a pretty low cost solution. I was guessing the only way to do it was using an audio interface and multi route in Audiobus.

• There is the Behringer Guitar2USB cable you might check out too