Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Come back to ios music production !

Hello guys.

I’m Inon Siner, I’m french and this is my first time on Audiobus forum so if I do something wrong, tell me :)

I recently bought the New Ipad Pro 2018 and since few days, I want to try to do music on my Ipad but I have few questions about some apps.

1. Before Ios, I made music on Fl studio on windows 10 and I used a really great plugin : Waves Brauer Motion. This little guy give me the possibility to Place elements where I want in space time in my beats, check this out :

I want to know if can I have something like that on Ios ? I bought Binaural Location but I don’t like this boy ( or maybe I don’t understand him... ) so if you have apps like Brauer Motion... How can I have a real circle and have the sound on a ( left ) and after a moment on b ( right ) ? I tried but I can have just the sound on a ( left ) and he go in the middle and he go back on left, not right...

1. I want to mix my beats like I do myself when I was on windows so I want to know what’s the bests apps for mixing my beats ? For give it to them more punch, cleaning frequencies ( I just bought Waves Q10 in Cubasis ) I think I need limiter, maximizer or something like that...

2. For you, what’s the best reverb / delay app ? I already try to make music on Ipad Pro and I used EOS and Kosmonaut, are they still good ?

3. THANK YOU.

4. I maybe will have more questions after posting this post lol

5. My Daw is cubasis, I love him but why can’t I have more than 5 effects per track ?

Love.

Comments

• edited July 2019

I love brauer motion, I use it all the time... But I just play my iPad thru it via ableton.. Haven't found anything on iOS like it.
    I Haven't found Many effects on iOS similar to those on my MacBook tho, there are great effects apps for iOS but for the most part they are more strait forward reverbs, delays, chorus etc... They have flavor! But nothing that deep yet that I know of

• Load Binaural Location in apeMatrix (or inside another host that has LFOs for MIDI CC) and inside the AU window, map its MIDI CC control to apeM's LFO(s). By choosing different LFO waveforms, you can change the motion pattern.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2019

@Iaminonsiner said:
    I want to know if can I have something like that on Ios ? I bought Binaural Location but I don’t like this boy ( or maybe I don’t understand him... )

Binaural Location is the best I've seen for Location. I think you might benefit from learning to assign LFO effects (using tools in the Rozeta Suite for example) to Binaural Location.

1. I want to mix my beats like I do myself when I was on windows so I want to know what’s the bests apps for mixing my beats ? For give it to them more punch, cleaning frequencies ( I just bought Waves Q10 in Cubasis ) I think I need limiter, maximizer or something like that...

Check out the Fab Filter bundle for the best desktop tools on IOS.

1. For you, what’s the best reverb / delay app ? I already try to make music on Ipad Pro and I used EOS and Kosmonaut, are they still good ?

Fab Filters again and Kosmonaut for multi-tap delays (same developer as Rozeta by the way. He has a new app that can also provide a lot of the magical manipulations you probably learned to love with desktop FX'es using MIDI Scripting. There's are already over 30 MIDI Scripts and someone could probably code something like you are requesting by manipulating existing IOS FX'es. Sugar Bytes tends to make apps that
    have complex sound manipulations as their key contributions. Their apps are on sale... watch YouTube videos and pick 1 or 2 while the prices are lowest. Start with Turnado and WowFilter for example.

• Welcome, Inon! Did you just come upon the forum? And what iPad are you using? As for saying something wrong, don’t worry... even if you say something right you can be in danger! This is a wonderful community. They love questions!

• edited July 2019

eHello, thank you for the welcome! I have known the forum for several months but I had never decided to register until now. And I use an Ipad Pro 2018 11 inch' !

Otherwise, to answer the messages, I fixed my problem on binaural locatiô. The problem came from my lack of knowledge of the application. For Fab, I already know, I'll find out because I saw that they had put new ios app online!

And I just bought Virsyn's reverb, do you know it? I'd test it tomorrow, but it's promising for now.

• edited July 2019

New question : Do you know ios app to create my own samples ? For example : I record a sound with the mic like a clap and after this, I modify this clap ( in this app or in another one ) to have a better clap who can use in my beats ? Something like Koala app but more deep ? Or another one ? Maybe an app who we start with a init sample and with lot of settings, I can have snare, iick, clap or hihats... ?

Thank guys

• edited July 2019

@Iaminonsiner said:
    I want to mix my beats like I do myself when I was on windows so I want to know what’s the bests apps for mixing my beats ? For give it to them more punch, cleaning frequencies ( I just bought Waves Q10 in Cubasis ) I think I need limiter, maximizer or something like that...

You should have a look at:
    FAC Transient (Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part)
    FAC Maxima (Acts like a super compressor or limiter to ensure levels stay below 0dB)
    FAC Bandit (Multiband Audio processing, apply effect with different setting in each band).
    I find these indispensible when trying to find something to "add" to the drums/beats.
    You could also get the whole FAC Mobile Bundle (5 apps) for $33.00 US.

• @royor said:

@Iaminonsiner said:
    I want to mix my beats like I do myself when I was on windows so I want to know what’s the bests apps for mixing my beats ? For give it to them more punch, cleaning frequencies ( I just bought Waves Q10 in Cubasis ) I think I need limiter, maximizer or something like that...

You should have a look at:
    FAC Transient (Emphasize or tame the transients, extend or shorten the sustain part)
    FAC Maxima (Acts like a super compressor or limiter to ensure levels stay below 0dB)
    FAC Bandit (Multiband Audio processing, apply effect with different setting in each band).
    I find these indispensible when trying to find something to "add" to the drums/beats.
    You could also get the whole FAC Mobile Bundle (5 apps) for $33.00 US.

Hello Royor ! Thank you, I think I will buy Maxima for the moment :)