Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Samu said:
    The two iElectribes (iPhone & iPad versions) would be neat as Gadgets.
    Volca Drum could be another candidate for Gadget, I love mine but it’s a bit fiddly to program :)

@Samu said:
    The two iElectribes (iPhone & iPad versions) would be neat as Gadgets.
    Volca Drum could be another candidate for Gadget, I love mine but it’s a bit fiddly to program :)

Even if they don’t want to give us the E2s yet they could easily put the EM/SX and ER/Ss into Gadget. The form factor is a perfect fit and Korg loves to rehash old gear for fast money. Nothing is more KORG than the EMX. It must happen.

I won't sell my EMX but I'd love to have it as a gadget indeed, just for the synth engine alone.

• New update is out:

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2019

@Moloch75 said:

@R_2 said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    3/my Bilbao presets and any other sample based gadgets user presets no longer load any of my user samples since the update, is this expected behaviour if my files are not in the local folder?

Same

Yep. Same here. All of my custom Vancouver presets are completely silent in the latest update. I can browse and find the samples but when I tap to load the samples again, nothing happens.

I reported the problem a few days ago through Korg’s site and they’re testing an update. When it’s all green it will be available in a couple of days.
    EDIT: that was quick. Let’s check and see :)

• Search function! Now we’re talking!

• edited July 2019

It seems the iPhone version is pretty messed up. I can't even add tracks and samples stored in iCloud are not visible.

• Im having the same issue as Peter with adding samples from iCloud directly from Gadget.

All the folders are there but the files can not be downloaded directly from Gadget.

• edited July 2019

FYI I deleted my previous messages as the screenshots took up so much space, and the error seems to be with the iPhone version. On iPad I can see all samples in iCloud even the ones not synced to my device (running iPad OS Beta3) - on my iPhone (iOS 12) it's not working and I have crashes and is unable to add new tracks to a song.

• Cranked out 20 Bilbao presets in under 10 minutes. LOVE THIS :D @ioue please consider updating the preset manager. Alphabetical and/or manual ordering for drum kits or modified date. Thank YOU!!!

• Batch selection in the sample browser doesn’t work anymore? I can’t select multiple samples after activating it.

• @R_2 said:
    Batch selection in the sample browser doesn’t work anymore? I can’t select multiple samples after activating it.

I just noticed that this does not work. We will fix this as soon as possible. Sorry.

• @R_2 said:
    Batch selection in the sample browser doesn’t work anymore? I can’t select multiple samples after activating it.

just adding @ioue in ,, i’m waiting to see how all this pans out, haven't installed either of the last two updates yet so hoping for the all clear by the next maintenance update...

• My Rex files are quiet in Stockholm.

• @ioue - Well done for getting the updates out so quickly! Thanks for all of your and the team's hard work :smile:

• @ioue said:

@R_2 said:

I just noticed that this does not work. We will fix this as soon as possible. Sorry.

oops! you beat me to it.... glad yr here listening in @ioue

• @stormywaterz said:
    My Rex files are quiet in Stockholm.

What does that mean? So cryptic! Like, All quiet in Stockholm, meaning no problems? Or the former problem has quieted down? Or there's a volume deficiency? Or no REX files make sound? Or only your user-installed REX files aren't making a sound? As somebody who just bought this, like, eight hours ago, I'm alarmed!

• edited July 2019

@ioue thanks for following up. You should probably also test extensively on iPhone. On my iPhone X I can’t add new tracks, and samples are not showing.

iPad seems to work better

• edited July 2019

@ioue Thanks for the quick update!

The browser is still showing the top of the file list every time I open it, instead of starting from the currently loaded sample.. So if I’m using a sample called “X Bass”, I have to scroll through thousands of samples every time I open the browser to get back to the same spot. Any chance you could also fix this for the next update? Thanks!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@stormywaterz said:

What does that mean? So cryptic! Like, All quiet in Stockholm, meaning no problems? Or the former problem has quieted down? Or there's a volume deficiency? Or no REX files make sound? Or only your user-installed REX files aren't making a sound? As somebody who just bought this, like, eight hours ago, I'm alarmed!

@ioue when opening existing projects that have Stockholm using user samples ...the user samples do not load

• @DaveMagoo said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@stormywaterz said:

@ioue when opening existing projects that have Stockholm using user samples ...the user samples do not load

Also when trying to load my existing Stockholm presets they are now empty

• @ioue: please please please some way to move OdysseI patches from standalone to Gadget

• @stormywaterz said:

Did they work before the update?

• @espiegel123 said:
    @ioue: please please please some way to move OdysseI patches from standalone to Gadget

Oh man - this ALL over the place.

• @Peter321 said:
    @ioue thanks for following up. You should probably also test extensively on iPhone. On my iPhone X I can’t add new tracks, and samples are not showing.

iPad seems to work better

Yes, thanks @ioue for keeping us posted.
    @Peter321 did a quick check on my iPhone SE (iOS 12) and I can add new tracks. Perhaps try: Settings > Gadget 2 > Utility > Reset current work.
    I do have samples missing in iCloud on my iPhone (which are showing in Files.app). There are available on my iPad.

@DaveMagoo said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@stormywaterz said:

Indeed, Stockholm doesn’t show rex files in iCloud. I can save/reload presets with user rex files as long as they are saved in “Local”. But the ones I upload to iCloud become invisible in Stockholm’s browser.

• @cretakano said:

The browser is still showing the top of the file list every time I open it, instead of starting from the currently loaded sample.. So if I’m using a sample called “X Bass”, I have to scroll through thousands of samples every time I open the browser to get back to the same spot. Any chance you could also fix this for the next update? Thanks!

Make subdirectories smh >:)

• edited July 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:

@cretakano said:

Moving all the samples into subdirectories now would break any existing presets and projects that uses Vancouver, Bilbao, Zurich, Rosario or Durban (all of my projects).

Subdirectories didn’t show up as folders until the latest update, so up until now it was better to put them in the root folder, which wasn’t too bad when the browser started at the currently selected sample.

• @cretakano said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@cretakano said:

Moving all the samples into subdirectories now would break any existing presets and projects that uses Vancouver, Bilbao, Zurich, Rosario or Durban (all of my projects).

Subdirectories didn’t show up as folders until the latest update, so up until now it was better to put them in the root folder, which wasn’t too bad when the browser started at the currently selected sample.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@stormywaterz said:

No sound. My bad lol

• @stormywaterz said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@stormywaterz said:

No sound. My bad lol

I would like to put my 90gb sample directory in the korg Gadget iCloud folder...it has tens of thousands of folders and sub directories and has hundreds of thousands of files......

....thoughts?

• @cretakano said:

I too liked seeing the currently loaded sample when opening the browser.
    But I have discovered this new way also has a benefit: with the browser not jumping towards the loaded sample it’s real easy and fast to put together user kits (programs) in Bilbao. You can now select pads to assign user samples to without the browser jumping to the currently selected sample. This doesn’t work when selecting samples from “Factory” as this still has the old browser list.

• Thanks @R_2 I can confirm that resetting gadget worked and I can now add tracks again, also to older songs. @ioue I can still not see any samples in iCloud unless they are synced (downloaded) to the device.