Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence 2? Come on baby long weekend ahead

@SevenSystems Starting long weekend and would love to give you some money!!!! Let’s go baby!!!

😁

Β«1

Comments

• @Eye0sStudios said:
    @SevenSystems Starting long weekend and would love to give you some money!!!! Let’s go baby!!!

😁

I could be wrong - but I don't think it's anywhere near release...

• @Halftone said:

@Eye0sStudios said:

😁

He said, Ableton Link 3 was the reason for the hold-up..

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

@Halftone said:

@Eye0sStudios said:

😁

I think you are almost certainly wrong.

• @wim said:

@Halftone said:

@Eye0sStudios said:

😁

I think you are almost certainly wrong.

Good to be wrong in this case!

• Yep. Let’s hope you are! πŸ‘

• MY BODY IS READY

• He said he had high hopes for a release late this week. This is not for the DAW he is working but Xequence 2. I’m just excited.

• edited July 2019

Hello everyone and thanks for asking.

I actually just submitted Xequence 2 to Apple for review. Ableton has replied to our query after only 5 days, so that's sorted πŸ˜‰

Unfortunately, another issue has popped up regarding the device motion based control modes on the keyboard screen -- apparently, device motion is now considered "dangerous personal information" and it cannot be easily queried anymore.

I've submitted the app anyway to spare you guys any more waiting, and added a notice when switching a controller to "Device Motion" mode that this is currently not working and will be fixed in an update.

I'm quite sure the app will be rejected at least a few times, as it's common practice at Apple to have spaceship apps reviewed by the same people who review the fart apps πŸ˜‰ so often a bit of back and forth communication (talking to a black box) is required, but next week at the latest should work 😎

• @SevenSystems thanks for all the hard work!!!!!

• @SevenSystems said:
    Hello everyone and thanks for asking.

I actually just submitted Xequence 2 to Apple for review. Ableton has replied to our query after only 5 days, so that's sorted πŸ˜‰

Unfortunately, another issue has popped up regarding the device motion based control modes on the keyboard screen -- apparently, device motion is now considered "dangerous personal information" and it cannot be easily queried anymore.

I've submitted the app anyway to spare you guys any more waiting, and added a notice when switching a controller to "Device Motion" mode that this is currently not working and will be fixed in an update.

I'm quite sure the app will be rejected at least a few times, as it's common practice at Apple to have spaceship apps reviewed by the same people who review the fart apps πŸ˜‰ so often a bit of back and forth communication (talking to a black box) is required, but next week at the latest should work 😎

Wow, man, thank you so much. Hope it makes it through the review cycle so you can make some holiday sales.

• edited July 2019

I have high hopes that Xequence 2 will be the app that becomes central to realizing my "vision" of the perfect workflow.

*MIDI time stretching *

Looking forward to this release very much. :)

• @horsetrainer said:
    I have high hopes that Xequence 2 will be the app that becomes central to realizing my "vision" of the perfect workflow.

*MIDI time stretching *

Looking forward to this release very much. :)

You won't be disappointed!
    It's such an obviously helpful feature that I wonder why we don't see it more often.
    During beta testing I've done a number of large projects with lots of editing involved and hopefully I've found most major issues.
    @SevenSystems is such a wonderful developer to work with, I wouldn't have taken the challenge if that wasn't the case.

• @SevenSystems my wallet is open... :)

• Man I’m pumped for this. Should of done a pre order option for us keeners LOL

• Is UPDATE or New App ?

• New app

• Happy days. I’ll purchase this without even reading the blurb.

• Will there be any bundle available for pre-owners of Xequence?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Spaceship Apps
    Fart Apps

:D :D :D

• edited July 2019

Close call... when just now buying the bundle for Xequence Pads and Keys AU, almost bought the main Xequence app. Glad this thread advised me to wait for X2! Should be sweet. 😊

Also discussion in this thread: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33150/instinctive-beta-and-a-bit-of-secret-xequence-2-chatter#latestj

• edited July 2019

@rs2000 thanks, your testing was invaluable and looking forward to further cooperation for Xequencinator 5,000,000 (let's see if anyone gets the reference πŸ˜‰)

@silent1 I've evaluated that, but it might be a bit confusing so I've opted for the easiest route -- there'll just be an introduction price of $9.99, and I'll push an update to Xequence 1 which will contain a notification that Xequence 2 is now available at a reduced price for a short time.

The final price, after I know that most Xequence 1 users have updated, will be $19.99.

And thanks @ everyone for the anticipation and encouragement. Developing great software which serves a great goal (making music) is great fun in itself. The frustrating parts are dealing with bureaucratic stuff and paranoid privacy restrictions like "Knowing how the user moves the phone is dangerous so you have to hack a different way to read the accelerometer and gyroscope". But it's worth it πŸ˜‰ (that last thing had me almost cancel the release, but I figured it's not worth waiting further for such a minor issue).

Also thanks to all testers for their work (there's several on this thread 😁). If there's any issues left that went unspotted, I'll do my damndest to fix them the day they're found.

• edited July 2019

I’m sure this has been asked already, but how is Xeq2 different from Xeq Original Strength?

(I mean conceptually. I don’t want to make anybody type out a laundry list…)

• @SevenSystems said:
    @rs2000 thanks, your testing was invaluable and looking forward to further cooperation for Xequencinator 5,000,000 (let's see if anyone gets the reference πŸ˜‰)

@silent1 I've evaluated that, but it might be a bit confusing so I've opted for the easiest route -- there'll just be an introduction price of $9.99, and I'll push an update to Xequence 1 which will contain a notification that Xequence 2 is now available at a reduced price for a short time.

The final price, after I know that most Xequence 1 users have updated, will be $19.99.

And thanks @ everyone for the anticipation and encouragement. Developing great software which serves a great goal (making music) is great fun in itself. The frustrating parts are dealing with bureaucratic stuff and paranoid privacy restrictions like "Knowing how the user moves the phone is dangerous so you have to hack a different way to read the accelerometer and gyroscope". But it's worth it πŸ˜‰ (that last thing had me almost cancel the release, but I figured it's not worth waiting further for such a minor issue).

Also thanks to all testers for their work (there's several on this thread 😁). If there's any issues left that went unspotted, I'll do my damndest to fix them the day they're found.

A tenner for xequence 1 users is more than fair. I’m so looking forward to this release and works have bought it at full cost, so thanks πŸ‘

• @audio_DT said:

@SevenSystems said:

A tenner for xequence 1 users is more than fair. I’m so looking forward to this release and would have bought it at full cost, so thanks πŸ‘

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I’m sure this has been asked already, but how is Xeq2 different from Xeq Original Strength?

(I mean conceptually. I don’t want to make anybody type out a laundry list…)

All basic concepts are the same so everyone will feel right at home. For anything that has significantly changed, there's a settings option that will bring it back to "the old way" if desired πŸ™‚

I haven't posted a full change log in all these months, so let's now wait the final few days... surprises are always nice 😎

• @audio_DT thanks! Also worth noting that those $10 include ALL former in-app purchases (Xequence 2 includes everything as standard).

• @SevenSystems said:
    @audio_DT thanks! Also worth noting that those $10 include ALL former in-app purchases (Xequence 2 includes everything as standard).

Bargain πŸ™‚

• edited July 2019

@SevenSystems said:
    @audio_DT thanks! Also worth noting that those $10 include ALL former in-app purchases (Xequence 2 includes everything as standard).

Forgive the cheapskateness of the question, but apart from buying it to support the dev β€” always a worthy cause β€” if I've already got Xeq1 with all the IAP, do I need Xeq2? Is it something different?