Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As The Intua Turns: BM3 is Alive

For those holding on to hope that BM3 is in fact not abandonware behold, Vincent speaks...

I personally welcome a Mac version, especially if it will be an AU for Logic.

This is great news for me as I’m a patient person and BM3 is still my single fav DAW on iOS. Yes, support is still piss poor and I doubt we’ll ever get any hints as to when to expect updates or bug fixes and no I still won’t recommend it to new users anymore but I am encouraged to get back to creating with it knowing that it is still a priority at Intua.

Sucks that Mathieu Garcia isn’t on the development team as he’s a genius but hopefully Vincent and whomever else is still on the project get it right.

Comments

• Really they need to fix recording audio input monitoring.

• That's good to hear.

Hopefully fixing the MIDI FX routing is #1. Also being able to play the same note overlapping, since that seemed to be the cause of what made people think it had sloppy MIDI. :lol:

I've been using it a bit lately just for quick beats to drop into Enso. Still love it to death for how fast it can be.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Really they need to fix recording audio input monitoring.

+1000

Truth is, they really need to fix a lot. Still, I’m encouraged by this news as I’d stopped using it as much and even began focusing on ways to replace it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BroCoast said:
    That's good to hear.

Hopefully fixing the MIDI FX routing is #1.

Absolutely this. I really hope the UI and Routing in general gets some love. It’s way too complicated and buggy currently. IMO that is.

• edited July 2019

Way too many bugs for me... Everytime I want to use it it crashes, level meters not updating, crackles when using macro knobs, midi input settings do not get saved ... etc.

I purchased Beatmaker 2 last week.. I like it much more...

• Doesn’t make sense at all.

• I do NOT buy the BS at all, sorry.

Vincent needs to drop his ego and release the 3,1 update...

• Your distrust in Vincent is justified @EyeOhEss

I’m sure there will be many more who voice frustration with Intua here and I’ll certainly not defend their silence or recent shady behavior.

However, I’m on this whole new positive zen kick so I’m just gonna remain encouraged.lmao I’ve tried to shake it but I just love that freaking app.😩🤦🏾‍♂️

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:
    I do NOT buy the BS at all, sorry.

Vincent needs to drop his ego and release the 3,1 update...

You’re obviously one of the more tech savvy members here. Do you think porting it to Mac and upcoming iPadOs features could have derailed 3.1 or is this more of a team infighting casualty?

If 3.1 was as solid and dope as people say, what sense would self sabotage make? That was rhetorical. There must be some logical explanation for the fumbles.

Either 3.1 wasn’t as solid as has been said or something upcoming (port/new iOS features/team conflict) must have derailed it.

• edited July 2019

@EyeOhEss
    Nice that it’s still supported. Still my most used iOS host. I have zero faith in this Vincent guy though.

Wasn't intua just Matthieu AND Vincent ? I think i read somewhere interview and from the context of that interview my understanding was that Intua is basically those 2 guys (at least in terms of coding). Curious how many coders is really behind BM3 (and Cubasis and other iOS DAWs).

Been following things on the intua forum and he seems to just make it up as he goes along and has a habit of disappearing.

This often happens with devs which aren't much into public relation and they rather spend their valuable time by coding and delivering results later .. which is good thing in my opinion ...

• @dendy said:

@EyeOhEss
    Nice that it’s still supported. Still my most used iOS host. I have zero faith in this Vincent guy though.

Wasn't intua just Matthieu AND Vincent ? I think i read somewhere interview and from the context of that interview my understanding was that Intua is basically those 2 guys (at least in terms of coding). Curious how many coders is really behind BM3 (and Cubasis and other iOS DAWs).

Been following things on the intua forum and he seems to just make it up as he goes along and has a habit of disappearing.

This often happens whit devs which aren't much into public relation and they rather spend their time by coding .. which is good thing in my opinion.

I’d also love to know who is now at the helm of this project. Matthieu actually commented on the same thread and said himself that he is still with Intua, he did however say he is not on the BM3 project any longer. Big difference being misreported here and elsewhere.

• Seeing is believing
    Fingers crossed they sort out the bugs, that would be my starting point
    Then requested features, then a computer port.
    Keep the people happy that invested money, why bring in new customers that will bring in more complaints
    But I guess they are looking at the new revenue it will bring in
    Unless they mend, release the lost version, I will not be giving anymore money to them

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Nicebutfun said:
    Seeing is believing
    Fingers crossed they sort out the bugs, that would be my starting point
    Then requested features, then a computer port.
    Keep the people happy that invested money, why bring in new customers that will bring in more complaints
    But I guess they are looking at the new revenue it will bring in
    Unless they mend, release the lost version, I will not be giving anymore money to them

Very reasonable. I concur. Certainly won’t spend anything additional with Intua until they right the ship.

• edited July 2019
  • come on guys, keep it Tidy now, just admit it intua should take out the sample slicing, pads and side-chain and make it into another app, add parameter locks and sell that

• edited July 2019

Why are they focused on porting to other platforms when there are known bugs and crashes/instability on iOS? It's so close to being Maschine in iPad but the frequency of crashes has made it unusable.

• edited July 2019
  • Not discrediting beta users but I don’t buy that this holy grail (3.1) was complete and just abandoned. Makes no logical sense whatsoever that a company so small would invest so much time and effort just to scrap something amazing in order to torture its user base, alienate people and sew doubt in potential new customers.lol

Even the most marginal minds must agree that something much more complicated or sinister is at play here.

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Way too many bugs for me... Everytime I want to use it it crashes, level meters not updating, crackles when using macro knobs, midi input settings do not get saved ... etc.

BM2 was the king . Still great on iPhone

• @Korakios said:

@SlowwFloww said:

BM2 was the king . Still great on iPhone

Facts👌🏾

• I've been on the edge of computer music since the Atari days.

Out of all the hardware and software samplers I have used so far,
    which is plenty, I have found Intua to be the most intuitive for my uses.

I'm used to a time when an update for software, Cubase for instance,
    took years not months.

Whatever is going on with Vincent maybe way more serious than we know.
    He's acknowledged that there are problems which he is going to fix.

I would say let him keep his word on that.
    If he doesn't? use the parts of BM3 that work and augment it with
    apps or software that provides the functionality that we need.

At the moment I've been testing Auria Pro and though there is
    plenty of feedback from aficionados of Auria the updates are
    less than satisfactory and it's way more buggy than BM3.

Still, horses for courses.

iOS is still a platform in it's infancy.

Apple ditching IAAP is an example of this.

Either we stick around for the ride or jump ship.

I personally am sticking around.

Peace.

• @Gravitas said:
    I've been on the edge of computer music since the Atari days.

Out of all the hardware and software samplers I have used so far,
    which is plenty, I have found Intua to be the most intuitive for my uses.

I'm used to a time when an update for software, Cubase for instance,
    took years not months.

Whatever is going on with Vincent maybe way more serious than we know.
    He's acknowledged that there are problems which he is going to fix.

I would say let him keep his word on that.
    If he doesn't? use the parts of BM3 that work and augment it with
    apps or software that provides the functionality that we need.

At the moment I've been testing Auria Pro and though there is
    plenty of feedback from aficionados of Auria the updates are
    less than satisfactory and it's way more buggy than BM3.

Still, horses for courses.

iOS is still a platform in it's infancy.

Apple ditching IAAP is an example of this.

Either we stick around for the ride or jump ship.

I personally am sticking around.

Peace.

A voice of reason and positive perspective indeed. Appreciate it!👌🏾

That said, loyal users who have been with Intua from the beginning do have valid frustrations. Especially those who have dedicated time and effort on beta teams and have bug reported etc directly to the devs.

Ultimately, I default at the same thinking. I use what works for me and put it away when it doesn’t. Pretty much every tool I use has significant enough shortcomings that my toolbox stays pretty full.lol

• As a consumer, I think this is a golden period for Indie developers. It's that new playground time where there aren’t yet any big guns that have taken over the market and become dominant a la Photoshop. The market is ripe for new developers to place their stake.

It's really nice to see that so many of the 'big' audio apps on iOS are by tiny Indie developers with one or two coders. They are going toe to toe with relative giants like Steinberg and Korg who have decades of intellectual property (and nostalgia) to leverage. The biggest apps on the desktop are conspicuous by their absence. Ableton, Avid, etc. haven’t even dipped a toe.

It would be nice to think that Intua will still be part of this and will be around to help shape the audio landscape on iOS.

• edited July 2019

@WillieNegus said:
    Not discrediting beta users but I don’t buy that this holy grail (3.1) was complete and just abandoned. Makes no logical sense whatsoever that a company so small would invest so much time and effort just to scrap something amazing in order to torture its user base, alienate people and sew doubt in potential new customers.lol

Even the most marginal minds must agree that something much more complicated or sinister is at play here.

I'm on the beta and so are many in here. I can tell you 3.1 was the shit. Not sure what happened but the updates we got 3.0.11 and 3.0.12 had way less.

Also I'm in the same boat as you. Keeping the positive Zen since BM3 is my app of choice and I use it everyday.

• @klownshed said:
    As a consumer, I think this is a golden period for Indie developers. It's that new playground time where there aren’t yet any big guns that have taken over the market and become dominant a la Photoshop. The market is ripe for new developers to place their stake.

It's really nice to see that so many of the 'big' audio apps on iOS are by tiny Indie developers with one or two coders. They are going toe to toe with relative giants like Steinberg and Korg who have decades of intellectual property (and nostalgia) to leverage. The biggest apps on the desktop are conspicuous by their absence. Ableton, Avid, etc. haven’t even dipped a toe.

It would be nice to think that Intua will still be part of this and will be around to help shape the audio landscape on iOS.

iOS is definitely better off because of/with Intua so I also hope they improve as a company and continue to innovate and push boundaries. Been using it all morning after seeing that it has life and realize it’s actually not as unstable as I remember. No crashes so far 2 hours in.

• I get a crash every other day in BM3 and i use it daily and push it to the limit with auv3 and auv3fx. Maybe it's because i have an iPad pro? I don't get crashes people are getting and I uze a lot of auv3FX