Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Travaloge reproduction 40th anniversary. Live

encenc
edited July 2019 in Other

As above being performed by heaven 17 / bef next year. Pitty Phil isn't on board but probably the next best thing ? Sheffield and London.

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/heaven-17-reproduction-and-travelogue/roundhouse-london/1398873

Comments

• @enc said:
    As above being performed by heaven 17 / bef next year. Pitty Phil isn't on board but probably the next best thing ? Sheffield and London.

https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/heaven-17-reproduction-and-travelogue/roundhouse-london/1398873

Say that again....40th anniversary ? WOW

• encenc
    edited July 2019

The term legendary gets bandied about all to easily these days. these two albums (especially Reproduction) are truly "legendary"

There are sounds on these albums that even today you will not hear anywhere else... im lost as to how they were made.

what's even more mind-boggling on these albums, the band had only 3 synths... and no drum machine :o

• I love that album, totally inspired my first school synth band.

• @MonzoPro said:
    I love that album, totally inspired my first school synth band.

Presume you will also be doing a reunion anniversary tour?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I love that album, totally inspired my first school synth band.

Presume you will also be doing a reunion anniversary tour?

Unlikely, we all hate each other.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • encenc
    edited July 2019

@Max23 said:

@enc said:
    The term legendary gets bandied about all to easily these days. these two albums (especially Reproduction) are truly "legendary"

There are sounds on these albums that even today you will not hear anywhere else... im lost as to how they were made.

what's even more mind-boggling on these albums, the band had only 3 synths... and no drum machine :o

Roland system 100 ;)
    Korg 770
    Roland Jupiter 4
    MiniKorg 700S
    Roland SH-3A

That was later dude ...
    on the first two albums they just had

Roland system 100
    Korg 700s
    Roland jupter 4

You can hear the mighty jp4 sounds all over travelogue 😎

• I wonder how they are going to do it now, will they have those original bits of kit and be able to get those sounds back or be using more modern equivalents or even dare (no pun intended ) I say samples :o

• edited July 2019

@AndyPlankton said:
    I wonder how they are going to do it now, will they have those original bits of kit and be able to get those sounds back or be using more modern equivalents or even dare (no pun intended ) I say samples :o

That wouldn't be the same, they have to use the wobbly old kit or it'll be cheating.

I remember playing my MS20 live, and it would suddenly throw in some portamento. Keeps you on your toes.

• edited July 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I wonder how they are going to do it now, will they have those original bits of kit and be able to get those sounds back or be using more modern equivalents or even dare (no pun intended ) I say samples :o

That wouldn't be the same, they have to use the wobbly old kit or it'll be cheating.

I remember playing my MS20 live, and it would suddenly throw in some portamento. Keeps you on your toes.

And it sounds better than what was intended, you then spend ages trying to work out how to do it deliberately :lol:

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

And it sounds better than what was intended, you then spend ages trying to work out how to do it deliberately :lol:

That’s the thing - with an old hardware synth it’ll never sound exactly the same twice over - even the synths themselves can sound different. We had three MS20’s in the band, and they all had a slightly different character.

We never had sequencers either, so everything was played live. It’s the mistakes that keep things interesting, at least that was what I told the rest of the band.

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

That’s the thing - with an old hardware synth it’ll never sound exactly the same twice over - even the synths themselves can sound different. We had three MS20’s in the band, and they all had a slightly different character.

We never had sequencers either, so everything was played live. It’s the mistakes that keep things interesting, at least that was what I told the rest of the band.

One of the things I always liked about Gary Numan was that it was all played or recorded live without sequencers. It is something I still try to do myself, I'll sequence while building but then want to go back and play it, it makes stuff sound more alive to me.

• encenc
    edited July 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

I doubt they'll be using a reel to reel 😆

Circa 1978 (I didn't even know what a synthesizer was in 1978..)

circa 1979

• edited July 2019

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I doubt they'll be using reel to reel 😆I didn't even know what a synthesiser was in 1978..

Circa 1978
    Circa 1979

I saw an interview with Andrew McCluskey on a tv programme, they stole the reel to reel idea from OMD, it was originally just something visual as they would just be stood still playing synths, but they ended up actually using it for backing :D

btw OMD are also on a 40th Anniversary tour, in the US August and making it here to the UK in Oct/Nov.....and a bonus if you're in North America, their guests...The B52's

• @AndyPlankton said:

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I doubt they'll be using reel to reel 😆I didn't even know what a synthesiser was in 1978..

Circa 1978
    Circa 1979

I saw an interview with Andrew McCluskey on a tv programme, they stole the reel to reel idea from OMD, it was originally just something visual as they would just be stood still playing synths, but they ended up actually using it for backing :D

btw OMD are also on a 40th Anniversary tour, in the US August and making it here to the UK in Oct/Nov.....and a bonus if you're in North America, their guests...The B52's

Yes Andy .. have OMD tickets for November 1st at the manc flea pit 😎

• @enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Nice ! I just checked and its sold out :(

• @AndyPlankton said:

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

we booked months ago.
    only ever seen them once before... when they did the Dazzle Ships album tour ... 2009'ish. Awesome live B)

• @enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

we booked months ago.
    only ever seen them once before... when they did the Dazzle Ships album tour ... 2009'ish. Awesome live B)

Yeah, that’s what I like about them, lots of energy. McCluskey is definitely fighting for the entertainment cause :)