Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @Samu said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    How do I make all my iCloud samples ‘local’ with a few taps?

Maybe you'll need to use the Files.app for that until 'batch move' becomes available?
    (I'll dig into the folder management later today so the above is just a quickie).

This makes no sense, I have just checked the Korg Gadget folder in the files app and they are all downloaded to my phone...yet in Gadget itself they do not show as local???

• @DaveMagoo said:

@Samu said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Maybe you'll need to use the Files.app for that until 'batch move' becomes available?
    (I'll dig into the folder management later today so the above is just a quickie).

This makes no sense, I have just checked the Korg Gadget folder in the files app and they are all downloaded to my phone...yet in Gadget itself they do not show as local???

If this is the case then either iCloud is what is synced and local is not synced or it’s broken

• @DaveMagoo said:

@DaveMagoo said:

@Samu said:

@DaveMagoo said:

If this is the case then either iCloud is what is synced and local is not synced or it’s broken

As the files are on my phone and my tracks do not load the samples in when the project is open I would conclude it is broken....thanks Korg

• edited June 2019

[Update]

Found a reason why sample list update takes long time. I am going to upload the bin in a couple of days after a test. And confirmed it works with a thousand files.

Also I will hide non-audio files from the list.

Because this is huge issue, this should be sent to the users as soon as possible. That means search func, Stockholm support would not be included in the next version.

• edited June 2019

Could it be that it's possible to do selective sync of samples and that the synced samples are under show up under iCloud and are also visible under Gadget in Files.app?

A usual it would be good to hear from the source how it is intended to work...

• I'm watching the Zuntata live event and 4th of July is mentioned everywhere so that might be the date when we see the new Gadgets :)

I have a bunch of GB's left on my cell plan so I might be able to grab them if released even if the download will take forever :D

• @Samu said:
    Could it be that it's possible to do selective sync of samples and that the synced samples are under show up under iCloud and are also visible under Gadget in Files.app?

A usual it would be good to hear from the source how it is intended to work...

Agreed...seems broken

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Velocity keyboards 🤞velocity keyboards 🙏 velocity keyboards 👍

+1

This one is so obvious

• @Samu What are you watching? Any insight? And what do we know about these gadgets? I'm hoping they're not two more Kamata-type chiptune boxes. I think I read that one was a drum machine, like a more adjustable Tokyo?

• Are user samples saved within a project? If I install gadget on a new device and load up my old projects will my user samples be missing....?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @Samu What are you watching? Any insight? And what do we know about these gadgets? I'm hoping they're not two more Kamata-type chiptune boxes. I think I read that one was a drum machine, like a more adjustable Tokyo?

One is a sample based drum machine (Sega Otorii) the other is a synth (Taito Ebina)

The live stream was linked on Korg Twitter.

No word on pricing, could be either free or 4.99 to 7.99 each.

Anyways the 4th of July was mentioned multiple times.

I will get them once released.
    I like Kamata and Chiangmai and chip stuff so it’s right up my alley :)

• @Samu said:

All personal toast :) Love Chiangmai, no time for Kamata....

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2019

@BananaWaffle said:
    Are user samples saved within a project? If I install gadget on a new device and load up my old projects will my user samples be missing....?

Samples are not saved within a project. You could copy them from Files.app or move them to iCloud. Just make sure to eventually put them in the same location as they are on your current device. Otherwise they won’t load in your sample-gadget (with the current 4.2.2 version, hopefully this will be fixed).

@Samu said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    @Samu What are you watching? Any insight? And what do we know about these gadgets? I'm hoping they're not two more Kamata-type chiptune boxes. I think I read that one was a drum machine, like a more adjustable Tokyo?

One is a sample based drum machine (Sega Otorii) the other is a synth (Taito Ebina)

The live stream was linked on Korg Twitter.

No word on pricing, could be either free or 4.99 to 7.99 each.

Here’s the stream (skip to 25 min):

They mentioned 4th of July for Japan, 11th for the rest of world, but that could just be Switch version.
    Wasn’t impressed by the gadgets personally. Seem lightweight pcm players for the Switch audience (Switch doesn’t have the ‘heavy’ synth gadgets).
    Afraid Ebina’s animated background will make my devices burn and melt through battery like Lisbon.
    Hope I’m wrong.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Can't help it, I love drawing waveforms and changing them on the fly ;)

The Ebina Gadget is 'chip based' from what I've understood.
    Based on the sound chip used in Taito Arcade Machines.

So it can do some nasty FM too :)

• edited June 2019

@ioue said:
    [Update]

Found a reason why sample list update takes long time. I am going to upload the bin in a couple of days after a test. And confirmed it works with a thousand files.

Also I will hide non-audio files from the list.

Because this is huge issue, this should be sent to the users as soon as possible. That means search func, Stockholm support would not be included in the next version.

Glad to hear this is getting sorted in a few days! If you could bring back the search bar for local user samples, exactly how it worked before for this update, that would be great.

On the plus side, iM1 user cards can
    now be imported in Darwin on iPhone with this update, which I requested 3 years ago 😁

Also, I think it might have improved Gadget draining the battery so fast on my iPhone!

• @ioue can you advise how the new files implementation is supposed to work?

1/when files are in the iCloud tab and already downloaded in the files app should these show in the local folder?

2/if not what is the local folder for?

3/my Bilbao presets and any other sample based gadgets user presets no longer load any of my user samples since the update, is this expected behaviour if my files are not in the local folder?

4/ when will the manual be updated so we can suss this out for ourselves?

Any answers will be much appreciated as at present I don’t want to use the app until I understand the new files implementation and am confident it is not currently broken...which I believe it is

• I am running into the situation where my samples are missing but usually when that happens the gadget at least remembers the sample name but not anymore so I have to remover what sample I used so Bilbao and Vancouver are silent but at least remembers the midi info.

• @DaveMagoo said:
    3/my Bilbao presets and any other sample based gadgets user presets no longer load any of my user samples since the update, is this expected behaviour if my files are not in the local folder?

Same

• edited June 2019

@DaveMagoo said:
    @ioue can you advise how the new files implementation is supposed to work?

1/when files are in the iCloud tab and already downloaded in the files app should these show in the local folder?

Any answers will be much appreciated as at present I don’t want to use the app until I understand the new files implementation and am confident it is not currently broken...which I believe it is

The way I understand it is, iCloud are files stored in the Gadget folder on iCloud Drive, they can be on your device or be available to download. Local are files in the Gadget folder on device (On my iPad) - they will not be available to other devices. Maybe @ioue can elaborate?

I base this on how project files work - when you move them to the cloud they are moved from the Gadget folder on the device to the Gadget folder in iCloud. When you try to open them, they will download if they are not physically available on the device. (Dotted cloud symbol vs. Solid cloud symbol)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Samu said:

I agree with Johnny (I usually do). Kamata’s interface is needlessly annoying for a start.

• Module was just update and it will be the last version to support iOS10 and 32-bit devices...

Could this be a sign that Korg will be adding AUv3 support to Module now that the 'standard' is starting to become somewhat stable and take the same path as Sugarbytes and remove 'other' means of connection and focus fully on AUv3?

Time will tell :)

• @Samu said:
    Module was just update and it will be the last version to support iOS10 and 32-bit devices...

Could this be a sign that Korg will be adding AUv3 support to Module now that the 'standard' is starting to become somewhat stable and take the same path as Sugarbytes and remove 'other' means of connection and focus fully on AUv3?

Time will tell :)

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• I feel like we need some updates to korg electribe wave tho! Or.....Make the synth part a gadget

• The two iElectribes (iPhone & iPad versions) would be neat as Gadgets.
    Volca Drum could be another candidate for Gadget, I love mine but it’s a bit fiddly to program :)

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:
    The two iElectribes (iPhone & iPad versions) would be neat as Gadgets.
    Volca Drum could be another candidate for Gadget, I love mine but it’s a bit fiddly to program :)

@Samu said:

Even if they don’t want to give us the E2s yet they could easily put the EM/SX and ER/Ss into Gadget. The form factor is a perfect fit and Korg loves to rehash old gear for fast money. Nothing is more KORG than the EMX. It must happen.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@Samu said:

@Samu said:

Even if they don’t want to give us the E2s yet they could easily put the EM/SX and ER/Ss into Gadget. The form factor is a perfect fit and Korg loves to rehash old gear for fast money. Nothing is more KORG than the EMX. It must happen.

I don't know if it's just nostalgia, or whatever, but the EM1 was my favorite piece of gear I've ever owned.

• edited July 2019

@Peter321 said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    @ioue can you advise how the new files implementation is supposed to work?

The way I understand it is, iCloud are files stored in the Gadget folder on iCloud Drive, they can be on your device or be available to download. Local are files in the Gadget folder on device (On my iPad) - they will not be available to other devices. Maybe @ioue can elaborate?

I base this on how project files work - when you move them to the cloud they are moved from the Gadget folder on the device to the Gadget folder in iCloud. When you try to open them, they will download if they are not physically available on the device. (Dotted cloud symbol vs. Solid cloud symbol)

Based on this logic my old projects/presets are either completely broken or the app is

• @Samu said:

Another nice tune from “Ninja Warriors” while we wait for these gadgets B)

• @R_2 said:

@DaveMagoo said:

Same

Yep. Same here. All of my custom Vancouver presets are completely silent in the latest update. I can browse and find the samples but when I tap to load the samples again, nothing happens.

• @R_2 said:

@Samu said:

Another nice tune from “Ninja Warriors” while we wait for these gadgets B)

I am so not the demographic for these gadgets. I'm hoping there'll be some interesting percussion thing I can use? I think Tokyo is great and versatile. And Kamata is REALLY surprising and adaptable. But these videos are just killing me while I wait....