Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Madlib made all the beats on Bandana on an iPad

Not sure what apps he’s using but it’s super cool to see another big producer shouting out iOS production

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Place your app bets...

• @AudioGus said:
    Place your app bets...

iMPC Pro 2 ;)

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:
    Place your app bets...

iMPC Pro 2 ;)

Perhaps it is an app that could use a huge win / morale boost?

• edited June 2019

Racking my brains here... I mean what app could you load up with a ton of samples and bang out a kick ass album of beats? Huh...

• @AudioGus said:
    Racking my brains here... I mean what app could you load up with a ton of samples and bang out a kick ass album of beats? Huh...

Maybe he's beta testing the update that never dropped lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @reasOne said:

@AudioGus said:

Hehe, private stash! Or an app that isn’t even out yet....? Some Apple 51 shit?

• “You sir! In the back Sir! What is your name Sir?”

• @reasOne said:

That one stopped working long, long time ago and has been removed from Testflight :)
    Thankfully it supported Files.app so I was able to recover the stuff back to the regular f*cked up 3.0.12 release.

Oh well, time will tell what happens...

• Made this same thread earlier but mine got no love so I guess mods delete my thread

Only thing I know is he used is 10 seconds of some stock iMachine sounds on one part I read

• Definitely Bm3 and Flytape.

• edited June 2019

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Made this same thread earlier but mine got no love so I guess mods delete my thread

Only thing I know is he used is 10 seconds of some stock iMachine sounds on one part I read

Ahh.. Was just listening to some of the tracks and thought I would say iMaschine was that app.. Sounded like it..

Such great apps that just need just a little love..

BTW.. an iMaschine update is due pretty soon..

• They’re all coming out of the woodwork now...

• edited July 2019

depends on how much variation was in the album, the more variation the less chance that it was Bm3.

but I don't believe he was serious

• @kobamoto said:
    depends on how much variation was in the album, the more variation the less chance that it was Bm3.

Why x2?

I do lots of variation in BM3. Wonderfully flexible tool.

And why would you not be serious on the subject of iPad production? Makes no sense

• @kobamoto said:

I would also like to know why. :)

• I gave bandanna a listen and there's nothing on there that couldn't be made on an iPad.

• When a person says they ‘made all of the beats’ that doesn't mean it was entirely mixed/produced etc. Listening to podcasts with producers ‘the beat’ is more like the core groove, heart and soul of the thing and not the entire production. I tend to interpret it now as being like someone saying ‘they shot the film in three weeks’. Ok, a bunch of stuff happened after that too.

• because he's used everything out in the open but an iPad, and he's constantly joking... constantly making impulse comments that he's says he's just kidding about... it's just an observation.
    I don't here anything that couldn't be made on an iPad either, but imho I bet he wouldn't give up the tactility that the iPad lacks.
    so my opinion is based on all of those things.

• If he did use an iPad though, I bet it was Samplr, cause he's a loop fanatic, leaves loops intact more so than mangles them and even though Samplr is severely suffering from a lack of panning, it's easy as pie to throw loops in that don't need to be remixed and throw some drums under them.

• edited July 2019

@kobamoto said:
    If he did use an iPad though, I bet it was Samplr, cause he's a loop fanatic, leaves loops intact more so than mangles them and even though Samplr is severely suffering from a lack of panning, it's easy as pie to throw loops in that don't need to be remixed and throw some drums under them.

Same could be said for BM3 then. Anyway, when I listen to the album I hear mixing that definitely does not sound to me like it happened only on an ipad.

• think he would have mentioned it

• @kobamoto said:
    think he would have mentioned it

Hehe, yah probably takin the piss but not like they mentioned any tools in the video.

• lastly a better detective might want to confirm but I think the track on the album with mos def and black thought might have been made before bm3 came out... doesn't mean he couldn't have used bm2 or another app and I could be mistaken but it's just a thought.

• Not really a fan of the mix. Sounds like a bass boost/loudness button on a stereo.

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:
    think he would have mentioned it

Hehe, yah probably takin the piss but not like they mentioned any tools in the video.

it could happen :p

• @kobamoto said:
    lastly a better detective might want to confirm but I think the track on the album with mos def and black thought might have been made before bm3 came out... doesn't mean he couldn't have used bm2 or another app and I could be mistaken but it's just a thought.

Yah he probably just chills on the crapper with his pad like the rest of us.

• PS sounds like he using/abusing the live stretch in BM3 on the bass tracks.

• edited July 2019

@BroCoast said:
    Not really a fan of the mix. Sounds like a bass boost/loudness button on a stereo.

I kinda don't mind, madlib tracks and rza tracks are definitely the kind that eschew proper recording ethics, saw one interview where he was saying that he likes it how it comes out the beat machine and if you want a beat from him you need to be satisfied with that as well, but he does have some fav engineers so it's not a 100% rule