Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Huge New Sound Kit for NS2!!!

edited June 2019 in Market Place

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give ya’ll some info on a new Sound Kit I’ve been working on for NanoStudio 2. It’s a trap kit featuring over 300 slate sounds, over 85 808’s in obsidian and dozens of additional sounds in obsidian. I aimed for a ‘no filler’ sound pack. I’ve spent years dealing with bloat and it just gets in the way of the inspiration. This was built to be a utility for hit making ;)

Here’s an overview video of the kit in action:

I built this kit with the idea of a desktop computer (and beyond) producer being able to transition into the NS2 environment virtually turnkey and stress free. Pad assignments are in places that you’d expect and consistent across the 10 featured slate kits.

In obsidian I built what i’ve named an 808 engine which lets you control a myriad of 808 specific parameters from the obsidian keyboard. This is very intuitive and allows you to make any of the 85 base 808’s your own! The customizability is infinite!

It has an intro price of $5 off the retail price of $14 ($9 with coupon code ‘audiobus1’). I believe is fair for the effort put into such a niche product (Trap Kit) for such a niche product (NS2) in such a niche device (iPad).

Pricing has been an issue for me, because on desktop I know what this would go for (at least $50) but on iPad its obviously different. I’ve spent days and hours building this and i believe you can download this and get started making great stuff with no time wasted.I really built this with producers in mind who hope to get placements etc. I am confident this kit can do just that!

Thanks for your time, please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, comments, opinions, thoughts etc!

You can download the Kit HERE.

Comments

• I've often wondered about the pricing issue and how it affects devs. I mean, why work on an app to sell for a fiver when you get get, say, £40 on desktop for the same product? Naturally, as the buyer in this scenario, I'm delighted about this, but I do think there will come a point - and soon, probably - where the value of music apps rises (other types of apps, too). Good stuff on the sounds, btw :-) - I hope you shift a few of 'em!

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to give ya’ll some info on a new Sound Kit I’ve been working on for NanoStudio 2. It’s a trap kit featuring over 300 slate sounds, over 85 808’s in obsidian and dozens of additional sounds in obsidian. I aimed for a ‘no filler’ sound pack. I’ve spent years dealing with bloat and it just gets in the way of the inspiration. This was built to be a utility for hit making ;)

I built this kit with the idea of a desktop computer (and beyond) producer being able to transition into the NS2 environment virtually turnkey and stress free. Pad assignments are in places that you’d expect and consistent across the 10 featured slate kits.

In obsidian I built what i’ve named an 808 engine which lets you control a myriad of 808 specific parameters from the obsidian keyboard. This is very intuitive and allows you to make any of the 85 base 808’s your own! The customizability is infinite!

It has an intro price of $5 off the retail price of $14 ($9 with coupon code ‘audiobus1’). I believe is fair for the effort put into such a niche product (Trap Kit) for such a niche product (NS2) in such a niche device (iPad).

Pricing has been an issue for me, because on desktop I know what this would go for (at least $50) but on iPad its obviously different. I’ve spent days and hours building this and i believe you can download this and get started making great stuff with no time wasted.I really built this with producers in mind who hope to get placements etc. I am confident this kit can do just that!

Thanks for your time, please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, comments, opinions, thoughts etc!

That's wassup. I don't use NS2 but will buy it for support.

• I agree totally! I'm no where near a dev, but I can honestly say, these dev's must be doing these apps as labors of love first, which was kinda the scenario for me with this project, since i've decided to dig in and be as 'iPad only' as I can be. And you're right, it's lovely to be on the receiving end of these bargains, but at the same time you want dev's to get the payoff for the countless hours spent and to be incentivized to keep going, and making the community richer for all. I'm hoping it'll balance out, and that iPad becomes viewed less as a toy and more as the future of music production. Thanks for your support, I hope so too!

@audio_DT said:
    I've often wondered about the pricing issue and how it affects devs. I mean, why work on an app to sell for a fiver when you get get, say, £40 on desktop for the same product? Naturally, as the buyer in this scenario, I'm delighted about this, but I do think there will come a point - and soon, probably - where the value of music apps rises (other types of apps, too). Good stuff on the sounds, btw :-) - I hope you shift a few of 'em!

• @hansjbs said:

That's wassup. I don't use NS2 but will buy it for support.

Wow bro, that is EPIC! Thanks! If you purchase it, and you ever do fire it up in NS2, please let me know your thoughts on the kit. Thanks again!

• Awesome sauce! 😎 I don't make Trap often, but this kit might just get me into the genre.

Question mate - would you be willing to create a pack chock full of world instrument sounds for NS2? I'd love to stop relying on Beathawk so much, and I'd pay you at least $19.99 for it.

• @ipadbeatmaking
    Done- and my copy of NS2 is grinning
    Keep up the good work

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

Well done. Looking forward to this. Have just been wishing the new Massive X was easy/direct in NS2 so this will be a (different) variation.... :)

Am downloading the zip to desktop. Presuming it is easy (for us slow boys) to get it opened/working on the iPad...

Thanks for your efforts.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Well done. Looking forward to this. Have just been wishing the new Massive X was easy/direct in NS2 so this will be a (different) variation.... :)

Am downloading the zip to desktop. Presuming it is easy (for us slow boys) to get it opened/working on the iPad...

Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks so much for your support, I really hope it is exactly what you need creatively!

While you are on desktop, there is a file I just discovered that got left in the .zip folder by accident on the 'Slate' side, It's called 'Trap 6 Demo.slt' and it's intended to be a demo kit and not part of the full kit, so removing it would probably result in a better experience. I also just re-uploaded the .zip to reflect the change for future downloads.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @ipadbeatmaking
    Keep up the good work

Thanks so much for the kind words and support! I'd love to hear your creations with it!

FYI a file named 'Trap 6 Demo.slt' (if viewing on desktop) or 'Trap 6 Demo' inside of Slate was accidentally left in the kit. Feel free to delete it as it's just half a copy of 'Trap 6', that was intended for demoing purposes. I've also re-uploaded the kit with this fix so it should be out of any future downloads.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @ipadbeatmaking
    Keep up the good work

Thanks so much for the kind words and support! I'd love to hear your creations with it!

FYI a file named 'Trap 6 Demo.slt' (if viewing on desktop) or 'Trap 6 Demo' inside of Slate was accidentally left in the kit. Feel free to delete it as it's just half a copy of 'Trap 6', that was intended for demoing purposes. I've also re-uploaded the kit with this fix so it should be out of any future downloads.

Nah. By no means. I'm holding on to 'Trap 6 Demo.sit'. Be worth a fortune one day :)

• edited July 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Nah. By no means. I'm holding on to 'Trap 6 Demo.sit'. Be worth a fortune one day :)

Lol, good point. I can see it being auctioned off at Christie’s or Sotheby's in 2030 already 😂

• Nice kit @ipadbeatmaking, hopefully there's more to come.

• The sounds are very good, thanks for the audiobus offer, greetings :-)

• Anyway to download this directly from iPad, or do we have to use desktop first?

• @ruggedsmooth i think whole thing is packed to single zip file so if you open that file in nanostudio using standard apple document picker, NS2 should be able to unpack all Obsidian and Slate banks and samples inside and put them to proper directories.

I never tried it with such big files but with smaller files it works like a charm.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Question mate - would you be willing to create a pack chock full of world instrument sounds for NS2?

That task sounds daunting lol but I might take a crack at it, any examples you can point me to?

• @biggtiny said:
    Nice kit @ipadbeatmaking, hopefully there's more to come.

Thanks! Yes, much more in the works for more genre’s. Any recommendations and/or examples are always appreciated!

• @ccs2 said:
    The sounds are very good, thanks for the audiobus offer, greetings :-)

Thanks so much for that great feedback! And I’m grateful to the Audiobus community for giving me the platform, showing interest and supporting this, the audiobus offer is the least I can do to show that appreciation!

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Anyway to download this directly from iPad, or do we have to use desktop first?

@dendy said:
    @ruggedsmooth i think whole thing is packed to single zip file so if you open that file in nanostudio using standard apple document picker, NS2 should be able to unpack all Obsidian and Slate banks and samples inside and put them to proper directories.

I never tried it with such big files but with smaller files it works like a charm.

Hey @ruggedsmooth, thanks for your interest, as @dendy said, it’s a single zip and downloading directly to iPad should work fine. FYI the filesize is around 725MB. I’ve tested downloading and unpacking much bigger files in NS2 and it ingests and converts them with no problem. If you have any issues please let me know

• Ok, got it going now just takes a while. My iPad was going to rest and timing out.
    All good, it unpacks fine into NS2. Thank you

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    Ok, got it going now just takes a while. My iPad was going to rest and timing out.
    All good, it unpacks fine into NS2. Thank you

I’m glad to hear you got it up and running! I look forward to hopefully hearing your creations with it!

• Just bought, downloading now. Thanks for the sounds, @ipadbeatmaking. I have to say I didn't like the buying process much - in seemed mandatory to sign up for emails, and I couldn't get a payment through until I'd supplied a phone number and State. If I hadn't already read this thread and seen the responses from others, I probably would have changed my mind about buying.
    Looking forward to playing with these :)

• edited July 2019

@iansainsbury said:
    Just bought, downloading now. Thanks for the sounds, @ipadbeatmaking. I have to say I didn't like the buying process much - in seemed mandatory to sign up for emails, and I couldn't get a payment through until I'd supplied a phone number and State. If I hadn't already read this thread and seen the responses from others, I probably would have changed my mind about buying.
    Looking forward to playing with these :)

Thanks for checking it out! I hope you’ll share some of your creations using it!

Sorry your buying experience was less than ideal. There shouldn't be a mandatory email/mailing list sign up, so I will look into that on this side. When buying, I do know that your email is used to send receipts and allow re-downloads at a future date. The phone number and state might be a paypal requirement, which I unfortunately have no control over. Did you pay with a paypal account or as a guest through paypal?

• PayPal account. The extra details were asked for when I returned to the merchant page. Enjoyed your beatmaking video. The NS2 piano roll is a thing of beauty.