Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Ben said:

@MrFromage said:
    It looks like @GospelMusicians have updated both this and Bassalicious 2 to have the ability to scroll through the preset browser and use the inbuilt keyboard. Thanks so much! :)

Yep. Works great now.
    Love it when the developer listens and responds like Jamal does.

Right on!

• Definitely appreciate the update from this great dev.

From the update description I thought this might solve the issue where only the Init preset is seen in the AUM preset browser but unfortunately not.

Guess I’ll have to make another request at the GM support site.

• edited June 2019

@eyesunderground said:

From the update description I thought this might solve the issue where only the Init preset is seen in the AUM preset browser but unfortunately not.

It solved that issue for me. I did have to load up the Pure Synth preset and then overwrite the saved AUM preset to have it remember the configuration.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It seems to work some of the time, but not other times.

• @MrFromage said:
    It looks like @GospelMusicians have updated both this and Bassalicious 2 to have the ability to scroll through the preset browser and use the inbuilt keyboard. Thanks so much! :)

Yes, though I hope they extend the same skinnier preset browser in AU rack mode

• Hi there guys.
    Here is a lil something I made with Pure synth and Synthmaster one in Cubasis.
    Hope yall like it 🤣

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians can you please verify these notes and their accuracy?

Instrument: Woodwinds - Saxophones > Character Alto
    Notes: A3, A#3, B3, C4, C#4

These notes do not have the growl that the other notes have. I understand Pure Synth instruments sound different each time and velocity but these notes are odd. The above 5 notes should sound consistent with their adjacent notes. When I use these notes in a song in conjunction with their adjacent notes, they are sounding out of place because they lack the growl completely and sound soft and hence UNUSABLE. I’ve tried all the velocities for these 5 notes but they lack the growl completely. Please issue an update of the samples for these 5 notes with growl.

(Also notes C5 and above have the growl missing but I do not use these high frequency notes)

• edited June 2019

@MobileMusic said:
    @GospelMusicians can you please verify these notes and their accuracy?

Instrument: Woodwinds - Saxophones > Character Alto
    Notes: A3, A#3, B3, C4, C#4

These notes do not have the growl that the other notes have. I understand Pure Synth instruments sound different each time and velocity but these notes are odd. The above 5 notes should sound consistent with their adjacent notes. When I use these notes in a song in conjunction with their adjacent notes, they are sounding out of place because they lack the growl completely and sound soft and hence UNUSABLE. I’ve tried all the velocities for these 5 notes but they lack the growl completely. Please issue an update of the samples for these 5 notes with growl.

(Also notes C5 and above have the growl missing but I do not use these high frequency notes)

@GospelMusicians , Have you had a chance to see this? I just reported it through your contact page as well.

• Anyone figure out if it's possible to save MIDI assignments globally?

I'm just trying to assign a master volume control but it's erased every time I switch presets!!

+1 for MIDI PC changes too.

• Sta> @thatsRayor said:

Anyone figure out if it's possible to save MIDI assignments globally?

I'm just trying to assign a master volume control but it's erased every time I switch presets!!

Are you using standalone? If you use the AU version you should be able to map your cc’s to the AU parameters instead. Those shouldn’t change with preset changes. If in AudioBus, they should even be remembered globally between AudioBus sessions. And, if you save the presets in audiobus’s Preset manager, you can use PC or any other midi message to change presets as well.

• @wim said:
    Sta> @thatsRayor said:

Are you using standalone? If you use the AU version you should be able to map your cc’s to the AU parameters instead. Those shouldn’t change with preset changes. If in AudioBus, they should even be remembered globally between AudioBus sessions. And, if you save the presets in audiobus’s Preset manager, you can use PC or any other midi message to change presets as well.

Thanks for the info! This is exactly what I was after!

Are you using AudioBus in combination with AUM or similar? I didn't think Pure Synth was AB compatible as yet.

• @kobamoto said:

Jamal, my little brother has a $25 gift code from Gospel Musicians but he only uses IOS now and the Giftcodes are not connected to iOS apps on your site (therefore can't use it)...., can he exchange his gift code for the pure synth iOS app please, he does not care that the app cost less than the $25 gift code is worth?

still haven't heard from Jamal yet he must be reallllllllllly busy but I'm keeping the faith... of a mustard seed and all that ya know

• @thatsRayor said:

@wim said:
    Sta> @thatsRayor said:

Thanks for the info! This is exactly what I was after!

Are you using AudioBus in combination with AUM or similar? I didn't think Pure Synth was AB compatible as yet.

Any AUv3 is AudioBus compatible. B)
    Though I do use AUM along with AudioBus, I don’t have any reason to put it in AUM, so I don’t.

• edited July 2019

Anybody know how to scroll octaves on the on-screen keyboard?
    Tapping the number does nothing.
    Tapping C2 or C3 does nothing.
    There is no +/- or obvious control as on pretty much every other on-screen keyboard on the planet.

• @UrbanNinja said:
    Anybody know how to scroll octaves on the on-screen keyboard?
    Tapping the number does nothing.
    Tapping C2 or C3 does nothing.
    There is no +/- or obvious control as on pretty much every other on-screen keyboard on the planet.

To go higher, drag your finger up over the number in the top left of the keyboard pane. To go lower, drag your finger down over the number. :)

• Wow, these acoustic piano sounds are better than Korg's American D (Module IAP), imo. And holy cow I can add a second sample on top from the included analog waveforms and get the perfect attack. I feel freer than ever to craft my perfect keyboard sound.

Although I own Neo-Soul Keys, this app does all that and more for my needs. What a bargain. 10/10!

• @cnsg_music, wow. I didn’t even try the acoustic pianos on PS, but now you’ve gotten me curious!

• @LinearLineman I really feel each of the acoustic pianos have something really nice to offer, but my favorite for my tastes was the Rich Rompler Grand preset. I changed the reverb to a spring, and messed a little with the EQ, and then added a really great attack using one of the Analog Waveform samples. It sounds great!!

And of course the electric pianos are amazing. Like I said, I feel comfortable offloading NSK for the time being.

• @cnsg_music, I just tried them on the in app kybd. Yes, quite grand! The concert and power grands most to my taste. I will certainly give them a try in the future. Thanks again for mentioning it.

• @cnsg_music said:
    @LinearLineman I really feel each of the acoustic pianos have something really nice to offer, but my favorite for my tastes was the Rich Rompler Grand preset. I changed the reverb to a spring, and messed a little with the EQ, and then added a really great attack using one of the Analog Waveform samples. It sounds great!!

And of course the electric pianos are amazing. Like I said, I feel comfortable offloading NSK for the time being.

The electric grands are loads of fun too. Dial in some chorus/delay and consider the Casbah rocked!

• Will do @onkey. Usually I stick with the PS presets. So good as is.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Will do @onkey. Usually I stick with the PS presets. So good as is.

So playable too, they really thought this one through.

• @cnsg_music said:
    @LinearLineman I really feel each of the acoustic pianos have something really nice to offer, but my favorite for my tastes was the Rich Rompler Grand preset. I changed the reverb to a spring, and messed a little with the EQ, and then added a really great attack using one of the Analog Waveform samples. It sounds great!!

Agreed. I just bought the Tines as well and am happy to have both BUT when space runs short Neo and Tines will get put aside in favor of what Pure can do....

• Puresynth is in rare air with Factory, SM1, DRC and the very best of ios Sound Gen. If there’s a such thing as ‘best’ app to get from this dev it’s definitely PS by a large margin.

• I love the pianos too, but just wish there were a way to adjust the release samples. Ya know the clunks when you lift your finger. Sometimes they seem... off, or at least inconsistent.

• edited July 2019

@Hmtx said:
    I love the pianos too, but just wish there were a way to adjust the release samples. Ya know the clunks when you lift your finger. Sometimes they seem... off, or at least inconsistent.

Just locate them in the oscillators and disable them (or reduce the volume). Check oscillators 2 and 3.

• As a long time Rhodes player (sadly no longer) as much as I like PPS2 it will certainly not replace NSKS for me.
    The EPs on PPS2 are good, but don’t offer anything like the same up-close realism as NSKS.
    For most people, and in a mix, I’m sure this won’t matter, but for solo playing (I’m talking live or recordings with only a few instruments) NSKS is the king.

• @TimRussell said:
    PPS2 it will certainly not replace NSKS for me.

For sure, for EPs Neo Soul Keys Studio is amazing. But the acoustic pianos in PSP are surprisingly good 👍🏼👍🏼

• The new update has completely broken this as auv3 on ipadOS. I’m in AUM and now my song won’t load because Pure Synth stops everything. It’s been a lot like this lately with the apps by this company, unfortunately. On iPad OS, FM tines doesn’t work at all. I shouldn’t have updated to ios13, I suspect, because this is doing my head right in. There have been tons of glitches lately with my music apps, e.g. FF Pro eq 3 owns load at all, either. Sometimes, doing stuff on the desktop does seem to have its advantages, I.e. it all bloody works!