Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Newest Volcas: Anyone buy?

Modular
Drum
New Vacuum Bass

-Share your thoughts on them if you bought them?

Comments

• Evil thread! I just bought 150 bones in Fabs! :naughty:

• I’ve got two Volcas, Drum & Bass!
    The Drum is a bit fiddly and I’m worried the param knob will break since it’s used for accessing all the parameters.

It’s like an iElectribe on roids :)
    The Bass is nice to play with sequencing each of the 3 voices independently or playing chords etc.

I like them both!

• I don't own one, so you can discard my comment if you like, but I got bored of the modular after watching 20 minutes of YouTube videos on it. Usually doing some research just leads to me wanting something more. But it sounds tinny. It honestly seems like a toy you'd get your 12-year-old nephew who has expressed interest in music for his birthday.

• This vid convinced me to buy the Volca Drum.

I like it but honestly have been spending most of my spare time with other stuff (that I don't have time for). It's serious fun.

• @AudioGus said:
    Evil thread! I just bought 150 bones in Fabs! :naughty:

LOL

• @oat_phipps said:
    I don't own one, so you can discard my comment if you like, but I got bored of the modular after watching 20 minutes of YouTube videos on it. Usually doing some research just leads to me wanting something more. But it sounds tinny. It honestly seems like a toy you'd get your 12-year-old nephew who has expressed interest in music for his birthday.

agree

I actually fancied the drum one but for the money may grab a Nuetron

• @Samu said:
    I’ve got two Volcas, Drum & Bass!
    The Drum is a bit fiddly and I’m worried the param knob will break since it’s used for accessing all the parameters.

It’s like an iElectribe on roids :)
    The Bass is nice to play with sequencing each of the 3 voices independently or playing chords etc.

I like them both!

Steroids

Nice

Throw in some cocaine and it’s a party

In 1997

• When I see video where Cuckoo demonstrates or plays with something I lose my appetite into buying the thing he plays with. It screams this is cool, so not cool.

• Here's some Volca Nuttiness and to be totally honest it's one of the Videos that made me fall for the unit and get it :)

• Not really feeling the Nub ass or the modular. Drum looks cool though.

I'm a huge fan of the Bass, keys and kick. Very good if you like the vintage korg MS sound.

• @BroCoast said:
    Not really feeling the Nub ass or the modular. Drum looks cool though.

Samesies.

I'm a huge fan of the Bass, keys and kick. Very good if you like the vintage korg MS sound.

I never took a shine to the Bass but love the Keys enough that I've often dreamed of getting 4 of them and a MIDI distributor/router to make a 4-note poly/12-note paraphonic monster. Sadly, the resonance isn't controllable via CC so it'd take a little more hacking (and money) than I'm up for. Also, it's the only one, I think, with 'Flux' mode. Love that little thing.

• I really want a Nubass- but they are not available in the UK yet. They seem a little bit quacky in the demo videos but I am thinking some traditional overdrive effects and delay will ignite them. A bit more expensive than the price of the range of Volcas at launch I think. £170 is just out of the ‘cheap and cheerful’ scenario I would say. But then it’s not astronomical either I suppose. But I want one in front of me... I’m sure is will give me that satisfying knobby grit feeling..... if you see what I mean.

• @robosardine said:
    I really want a Nubass- but they are not available in the UK yet. They seem a little bit quacky in the demo videos but I am thinking some traditional overdrive effects and delay will ignite them. A bit more expensive than the price of the range of Volcas at launch I think. £170 is just out of the ‘cheap and cheerful’ scenario I would say. But then it’s not astronomical either I suppose. But I want one in front of me... I’m sure is will give me that satisfying knobby grit feeling..... if you see what I mean.

Sorry- slight correction on that last one there- I actually want two of them 😍😽🧐👙🤓
    Korg Acid 303 type machine, Volca active step, analog, the first 303 type box with automation ever (unless I’m mistaken)... I mean - what’s not to like. £340 for two though.... ouch!... you could almost have an Arturia Microfreak AND a Behringer Crave for that...... No need for a poll on this one is there?

• @syrupcore said:

@BroCoast said:

Samesies.

I never took a shine to the Bass but love the Keys enough that I've often dreamed of getting 4 of them and a MIDI distributor/router to make a 4-note poly/12-note paraphonic monster. Sadly, the resonance isn't controllable via CC so it'd take a little more hacking (and money) than I'm up for. Also, it's the only one, I think, with 'Flux' mode. Love that little thing.

I've thought about the same thing. :)

But then I think why not just get the Prologue? That would be easier, well I've gone to the store and played it countless times and just can't bring myself to buy it. Something is off about it's sound sadly.

• @syrupcore said:

So, I had this same idea a while ago and I think I have all the pieces, now. This project took a long time to convince myself through.

• @tehskwrl said:

@syrupcore said:

So, I had this same idea a while ago and I think I have all the pieces, now. This project took a long time to convince myself through.

SWEET! Can't wait to see and hear it. What are the pieces you're using?

• @BroCoast said:

@syrupcore said:

@BroCoast said:

Samesies.

I've thought about the same thing. :)

But then I think why not just get the Prologue?

I find myself having similar thoughts about the MiniLogue2. I like the sound of the ML but it just doesn't sound like the Volca Keys. So the dream lives on.

• @robosardine said:
    ...you could almost have an Arturia Microfreak AND a Behringer Crave for that......

Have you seen

• @mannix said:
    When I see video where Cuckoo demonstrates or plays with something I lose my appetite into buying the thing he plays with. It screams this is cool, so not cool.

Funny you should say that.

Not the first time I heard that.

• @syrupcore said:

@robosardine said:
    ...you could almost have an Arturia Microfreak AND a Behringer Crave for that......

Have you seen

Nope thanks

• @syrupcore said:

SWEET! Can't wait to see and hear it. What are the pieces you're using?

I’ll be setting it up in the next few weeks (moving) but it may be up til mid August until I can show it off (work). I’m going to be attempting to connect them individually to my computer through an iConnectivity device then build a controller/distributor in max/MSP to get polyphony and unison spreadability

• edited July 2019

Was interested in the Modular and Drum but then I realized that if I truly needed a Buchla-like in hardware, I'd better save up the extra cash for a Make Noise 0-Coast, or else I'm gonna regret it... I also realized I've never been that big on beat making either - between IOS apps and the TE Pocket Operators I have more than enough drum machines in my arsenal for my modest needs.

• I got a 0 Coast recently too. Nice intro modular and west coast.

• To whom it may concern...... there must be one or two of you out there. The Nubass release is now September- but probably even later...... I think that’s what September..ish would mean- which is what I was told at my local music store today 🙁

• @mannix said:
    When I see video where Cuckoo demonstrates or plays with something I lose my appetite into buying the thing he plays with. It screams this is cool, so not cool.

+1

• @tehskwrl said:

@syrupcore said:

Sounds like a fun project.
    But this one looks fun too, and I'm not sure if I'd prefer four Volcas over it:

The project basically involves building a nice wooden case for the Sledge.
    https://greatsynthesizers.com/en/general/studiologic-sledge-2-0-xl-version/

• I impulse-ordered a Volca Modular last month and I’m having a lot of fun with it. The sequencer is great — I particularly like the stochastic mode, and the fact that you can program a sequence and change the scale on the fly.

The sound definitely tends toward the harsher end of the spectrum, which I guess is a West Coast thing and is exactly the point. I’m familiar with modular concepts thanks to iMS-20, Model 15, and Ripplemaker so the learning curve wasn’t too bad at all. I would highly recommend it if you’re in the mood for something different

• @rs2000 said:
    Sounds like a fun project.

It is a lot of fun, and I didn’t actually stop with the volca keys... I’m hesitant to talk much of the project right now, because I had to tear it apart when I moved and it has been in a box for nearly two years 😥 I’m working a festival until mid August and then I will finally have the opportunity to put it back together! It’s going to be a lot of fun creating a new control interface with the iPad and all the wonderfully fun midi controllers I’ve been toying with!

@rs2000 said:
    But this one looks fun too...

I have gas. The sledge looks like a ton of fun

• Best budget synth for me, without a doubt, the Microfreak, love it, versatile and just simply fun.

• @syrupcore So I finally have it put together! A bit of a pleasant change is the use of the iPad to control it, so I am muddling my way through making a different control unit to make it fully polyphonic. In the meantime, four stacked and detuned Keys are ready to be sequenced :3 I’ll have some videos soon. Anything you’d like to hear?