Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A way to use Rozeta Sequencer Suite in Logic Pro X?

As the title says, is there a way to use the MIDI plugins from Rozeta in Logic Pro X, specifically Bassline?

I love using IDAM to play iOS synths by using Logic’s piano roll, but I’d like to specifically play Rozeta Bassline to actively play Logic’s ES1/M and eventually TAL Bassline 101 for acid sounds. I know I can record the MIDI notes into Logic, but I’d like be able to jam with it before I actually record it like I do in Audiobus or Auria Pro. I can do this in Auria Pro so I’m pretty sure I can do this Logic.

I’m on the fence about getting an Arturia Beatstep for Logic Pro because I’d like to see if I can use iOS MIDI sequencers before plunking $99 for one.

Thanks.

Comments

• @trancespotter said:
    As the title says, is there a way to use the MIDI plugins from Rozeta in Logic Pro X, specifically Bassline?

I love using IDAM to play iOS synths by using Logic’s piano roll, but I’d like to specifically play Rozeta Bassline to actively play Logic’s ES1/M and eventually TAL Bassline 101 for acid sounds. I know I can record the MIDI notes into Logic, but I’d like be able to jam with it before I actually record it like I do in Audiobus or Auria Pro. I can do this in Auria Pro so I’m pretty sure I can do this Logic.

I’m on the fence about getting an Arturia Beatstep for Logic Pro because I’d like to see if I can use iOS MIDI sequencers before plunking $99 for one.

Thanks.

Do you enable your iPad via Applications:Utilities:Audio Midi Setup when it’s plugged in to mac USB?

it should work after you then select iPad as the midi source within your daw.

• Yea, that’s IDAM I believe. For example, if I have a MIDI region in Logic I already know how to send those notes to Poison 202 on my iPad in order to play it into Logic Pro.

But what I would like to do is essentially replace an Arturia Beatstep with Rozeta Bassline in order to play Logic’s ES1 (or any synth loaded in Logic).

I tried this setup but it didn’t work:

1. Connected my iPad to my Mac via USB cable and enables it in the Audio MIDI setup, which enables IDAM.
    2. Opened up Logic and started a fresh project. Created an ES1 instrument and changed the MIDI channel to 1.
    3. In Audiobus, I put a Rozeta Bassline in the MIDI input slot and creates a basic pattern. I selected “IDAM Channel 1” in the MIDI output slot.
    4. In Audiobus, I went to Settings->Sync Settings and disabled Ableton Link. Then MIDI Clock sync->MIDI Clock Sources and selected IDAM MIDI Host.
    5. Cycled a 16 bar loop in Logic and pushed play.
    6. Nothing happened. The Logic playhead moves but the playhead on Rozeta did not move.

I was expecting Logic to play the ES1 using the Rozeta Bassline pattern I created, but instead nothing happened.

• Seems like this should work... Do you have AUM or another Rozeta host that you could test? I wonder if this is a bug in how Audiobus handles IDAM. It might be worth trying just to troubleshoot.

• I’ll mess around and try to get it to work when I get home later, will let you know if I figure anything out. I’m just starting to get my feet wet w/ Logic —mostly use Ableton. Pretty sure I’ve done something similar before with the latter via IDAM - but I may have been using my iConnectMIDI hardware router at the time instead.

have you tried using AUM as your host?

• I'm rooting for you (or the Forum) to figure this out. "You can do it waterboy".

Would MIDI over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi be an option here since IDAM is giving you grief.

@brambos mentioned that he would be playing investigating the "iPad Apps on OS X"
    features when Apple ships it to see if his code works in that framework. Having some of
    his tools on OS X might be helpful since Logic Pro doesn't have enough tools under $10 yet
    and can benefit from access to our IOS gems.

I just think Pro's should be barred from access to "dabbler" tools or should pay "pro" prices.

• logic does not support ableton link, so your only option for transport control is midi machine control (MMC).

you need to config logic to send MMC and your ios host to receive it and you should be good.

• I’m still a novice when it comes to MIDI routing but after messing around a little bit, I managed to get AUM loaded with a Rozeta Bassline to play Logic’s ES1 synth. There are two problems though:

1) The playhead on Logic does not move, though the playhead on Rozeta Bassline does move.
    2) Once I push spacebar to play Logic, I have to manually click Logic’s stop button or touch AUM’s pause button in order to stop the music.

I did this by going to Logic’s Project Settings->Synchronization->General->Sync Mode and changing it from internal to MTC. Then I went to the MIDI tab still under Synchronization clicked “Transmit MIDI Machine Control (MMC).”

Then I started messing around with some other settings on both Logic and AUM and eventually broke it and now I’ve forgotten how I got that far 🤣

But maybe that can help someone get started.