Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New FabFilter apps

Comments

• FYI

Nuetron pack for production on sale for $199

• @AudioGus said:
    Loading up old projects, deleting all of the old reverbs, limiters and compressors etc and replacing them with FABs has completely... words fail...

Gobsmacked. Blown Away. Game Changed. Fashizzled.

Yup, no contest.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:
    Loading up old projects, deleting all of the old reverbs, limiters and compressors etc and replacing them with FABs has completely... words fail...

Show off !! :p :D

Aww, was intended to spread love. :(

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

hahaha That looks just like my Friday Night outfit :D

• For those wondering how efficient FF Pro-R auv3 vs FF Pro-R Auria IAP is, I did an experiment session with the same track duplicated until it started crackling. I also did an experiment to punch record 1 track, mid session, prior to the track that lead to the crackling to make sure I could do tracking, and not just mixing with these plug ins enabled at high track counts, which worked fine.

iPad Pro 2017 12.9

Pro-R Auv3

512 buffer
    19 tracks around 89%
    20 leads to crackles so I stopped.

Pro-R Auria IAP

512 buffer
    7 tracks 30%
    16 60%
    21 tracks at around 89%
    22 leads to crackles so I stopped.

I chose pro-R to run the experiment with because Reverbs tend to be the ‘heaviest’ of the mixing plugins and I know there’s a lot of concern over Auria FF IAP vs FF auv3 efficiency, and which ones you should get or if u own one is it worth getting the other. Good news, there’s not much a difference so far as I can tell, and auv3 slight shortcoming is worth the agility to be able to run in different hosts.

• edited June 2019

just for fun... here are 3 examples, in every one is Pro-R and other iOS reverb (other reverb is used together with equaliser, to match Pro-R sound better, because it has internal eq)

can you distinguish in each example which one is Pro-R ?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iba2vr0t0hd33xt/AADIWQY51amif998tqGckT7ta?dl=0

• edited June 2019

@dendy said:
    just for fun... here are 3 examples, in every one is Pro-R and other iOS reverb (other reverb is used together with equaliser, to match Pro-R sound better, because it has internal eq)

No idea, but I prefer the sound of the first version in1 and 2, and the second version in 3.

• @MonzoPro said:

@dendy said:

No idea, but I prefer the sound of the first version in1 and 2, and the second version in 3.

Same. They all sound good though.

• same examples (same reverb settings) just with piano/drums loop provided by @richardyot , from his other reverbs test...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8p9osc6ca3sqc89/AABIdFM9F4TPUqZNC4cyWy2Na?dl=0

• @dendy said:

What a strange question :)

• @tja said:

@dendy said:

What a strange question :)

It'll be good to know the strange answers.

• edited June 2019

@tja i do not understand what is strange on my question ? It's simple - i was just curious if other people will immediately identify which reverb in those examples is Pro-R, that's all .. In theory, if Pro-R is that good, everybody should prefer Pro-R in those examples. It's just my scientific curiosity.

Later i will reveal which one is Pro-R, but i would like to hear more opinions first ...

• I’d happily use any of the reverbs on your test piece, which I think is the point your trying to make, why spend extra when there are perfectly good reverbs supplied within most daws on iOS.

Having said that I do have several of the fabs within Auria and I do have fun with them especially timeless, but the sensible me often reminds the profligate me that I didn’t really need them.

• tjatja
    edited June 2019

@dendy said:
    @tja i do not understand what is strange on my question ? It's simple - i was just curious if other people will immediately identify which reverb in those examples is Pro-R, that's all .. In theory, if Pro-R is that good, everybody should prefer Pro-R in those examples. It's just my scientific curiosity.

Later i will reveal which one is Pro-R, but i would like to hear more opinions first ...

You tried to make 3 reverb sound similar.
    I'm pretty sure that this is possible with many reverbs.

But what you should ask for is, if any reverb can do the same as any other.
    And this may very well not be possible.

Also, as with many App, it's value and usability may heavily depend on the options it offers!

And Pro-R offers some configurations and settings and esp. visual display that no other reverb offers.
    Also Reverbs often have a certain character for which you are using them. Trying to make two of them sound the same seems to ignore that.
    A better question would be, if any reverb can reproduce any arbitrary sound from another reverb. So, if they can all do the same. If not, you cannot replace one by the other.

So, in summary, you are asking a question like this:

"I have the sound of my foot tapping on a street in Philadelphia and another sound with the same shoe tapping a highway in Norway. Trying to tap very similar. Can you tell which sound was produced in which country?"

Or

"Here are two pictures of standing cars. Which can drive faster?"

This is both impossible or usable in any way or for anything.

It's a strange question :)

• I wouldn't mind betting that one of those reverbs you used is from NS2 ?

• edited June 2019

Obviously not everybody understand point of what i posted here ... it's not about arguing, and i'm not trying to say that Pro-R is bad reverb - no way, it's really great reverb.

let me summarize what i did:

• purchased pro-r because of hype here. was curious if it is really significantly better than other available top reverbs on ios. If you pay 40 Euros for reverb (on iOS), i think it should be a much better than competition in terms of sound quality. (to be honest i was hoping that it is finally something in Lexicon PCM81, StryMon BigSky, or Eventide Blackhole league - based on exited comments and reviews)
    • did some tests, tweaked on Pro-R various reverbs (short, mid, long) which i usually use in my music
    • then i tried tweak same kind of reverbs on other plugins on ios which are good in my opinion (ns2 algoverb, kleeverb, ddmf envelope)
    • i realised that in terms of overall quality, Pro-R isn't better than other iOS top reverbs. It's same league. It has nice UI, included EQ is handy when reverb is used on insert not on send, where i cannot use external EQ to tweak just wet signal, but in terms of quality it's not shining above other great iOS reverbs.
    • i decided to put online some A/B tests, just out of curiosity if majority will identify "yeah, this is obviously Pro-R, it sounds much more smooth" - i'm always opened to possibility i'm just deaf and don't hear that difference :)) - till yet this didn't happened.

i fully understand that just sound is not crucial for everybody - some people preffer nice UI, or lot of presets, that's all understandable. I'm interested just in sound quality.

• @AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@AudioGus said:

Wow, is this Psyque 16??

• @dendy said:
    Obviously not everybody understand point of what i posted here ... it's not about arguing, and i'm not trying to say that Pro-R is bad reverb - no way, it's really great reverb.

• purchased pro-r because of hype here. was curious if it is really significantly better than other available top reverbs on ios. If you pay 40 Euros for reverb (on iOS), i think it should be a much better than competition in terms of sound quality. (to be honest i was hoping that it is finally something in Lexicon PCM81, StryMon BigSky, or Eventide Blackhole league - based on exited comments and reviews)
    • did some tests, tweaked on Pro-R various reverbs (short, mid, long) which i usually use in my music
    • then i tried tweak same kind of reverbs on other plugins on ios which are good in my opinion (ns2 algoverb, kleeverb, ddmf envelope)
    • i realised that in terms of overall quality, Pro-R isn't better than other iOS top reverbs. It's same league. It has nice UI, included EQ is handy when reverb is used on insert not on send, where i cannot use external EQ to tweak just wet signal, but in terms of quality it's not shining above other great iOS reverbs.
    • i decided to put online some A/B tests, just out of curiosity if majority will identify "yeah, this is obviously Pro-R, it sounds much more smooth" - i'm always opened to possibility i'm just deaf and don't hear that difference :)) - till yet this didn't happened.

i fully understand that just sound is not crucial for everybody - some people preffer nice UI, or lot of presets, that's all understandable. I'm interested just in sound quality.

If you purchased on hype and are disappointed return the damn thing and get on with life 👍

• If you purchased on hype and are disappointed return the damn thing and get on with life

And if you are not interested in A/B test, ignore my posts, just that simple it is.

• @dendy said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is useful to know your opinion...has made me think twice about making Pro-R my first purchase from the FF bundle...I already have ProQ2...so looks like Pro-C, Pro-L or Pro-M are in the running....has anyone done any comparisons of these against the other higher end counterparts ?

• edited June 2019

@dendy said:

If you purchased on hype and are disappointed return the damn thing and get on with life

And if you are not interested in A/B test, ignore my posts, just that simple it is.

Good idea! and if you are not interested in my posts...oh yeah IGNORE THEM...I dare ya 😂

• edited June 2019

@AndyPlankton said:

@dendy said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is useful to know your opinion...has made me think twice about making Pro-R my first purchase from the FF bundle...I already have ProQ2...so looks like Pro-C, Pro-L or Pro-M are in the running....has anyone done any comparisons of these against the other higher end counterparts ?

Pro-L is a clear winner. I don't use pro-MB..maybe once..I don't see the need for it most of the time. Magic Death Eye is the only iOS compressor I would use over the Fab, but I play a lot of guitar and bass, which it is ideal for. Pro-C has many different settings (Modern, Classic, Clean, Punch...etc) that I'm sure end up adding different amounts of harmonics (although very few compared to a coloring compressor like MDE) and give different effects.

In short, Pro-L.

• edited June 2019

Pro-R is not a "signature" reverb in my opinion, or an awesome sauce that makes everything sound better. (More than any reverb makes everything sound better, that is.) However, it is a fine reverb with an unsurpassed UI that helps me use it more effectively. At the bundle pricing it is a bargain.

• Magic Death Eye is the only iOS compressor I would use over the Fab

Uhm. Ok this is another topic to discuss.. uhm. ok i'll just stop to not start another flamewar :lol:

• @dendy said:

Magic Death Eye is the only iOS compressor I would use over the Fab

Uhm. Ok this is another topic to discuss.. uhm. ok i'll just stop to not start another flamewar :lol:

MDE is a coloring compressor, which makes it less usable when you need a transparent compressor.

We have some nice topics about this:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/33292/blue-mangoo-s-take-on-a-compressor-shoot-out

• @oat_phipps said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I already have ProQ2...so looks like Pro-C, Pro-L or Pro-M are in the running....has anyone done any comparisons of these against the other higher end counterparts ?

Pro-L is a clear winner. I don't use pro-MB..maybe once..I don't see the need for it most of the time. Magic Death Eye is the only iOS compressor I would use over the Fab, but I play a lot of guitar and bass, which it is ideal for. Pro-C has many different settings (Modern, Classic, Clean, Punch...etc) that I'm sure end up adding different amounts of harmonics (although very few compared to a coloring compressor like MDE) and give different effects.

In short, Pro-L.

Thanks...

I have MDE and also play guitar and bass :) .... sounds like Pro-C could be useful for drum and vocal compression, how does it stack up against NYCompressor or Korvpressor ?

With regard Pro-L, is it leaps ahead of DDMF NoLimits or Waves L1 Ultramaximiser in Cubasis, which are the current limiters I use ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

I have MDE and also play guitar and bass :) .... sounds like Pro-C could be useful for drum and vocal compression, how does it stack up against NYCompressor or Korvpressor ?

Those are great plug ins. Pro C is more controllable. Also it’s more transparent to my ears

With regard Pro-L, is it leaps ahead of DDMF NoLimits or Waves L1 Ultramaximiser in Cubasis, which are the current limiters I use ?

L1 is more ‘colored’ than Pro-L to my ears. Sometimes that flavor is perfect and for others Pro-L is the answer. U really can’t go wrong with Pro-L tho at all. What you’ll notice with all Fabfilter stuff is it’s light on resources and on the transparent/clean side instead of the ‘color’ ‘vibe’ ‘character’ side of the spectrum imo

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Those are great plug ins. Pro C is more controllable. Also it’s more transparent to my ears

L1 is more ‘colored’ than Pro-L to my ears. Sometimes that flavor is perfect and for others Pro-L is the answer. U really can’t go wrong with Pro-L tho at all. What you’ll notice with all Fabfilter stuff is it’s light on resources and on the transparent/clean side instead of the ‘color’ ‘vibe’ ‘character’ side of the spectrum imo

Thanks, a common theme here for sure...transparency and usability.

Which will I get the most mileage out of as a first purchase..hmm...the one thing sticking in my mind regarding this....Pro-L has LUFS metering so makes that easier than my current method of using AnalyserFX...which takes up an extra 'slot' and in Cubasis at least means switching between L1 and AnalyserFX to adjust and check.

I think I may have made a decision :)

Thanks all for your input .. most appreciated :)

• That is useful...I had no idea you could fence select or that using 2 fingers gives fine control...thanks