Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM landscape mode option on phones

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Yay? Nay? If I may I say yay..

AUM’s a total scroll/rotatathon on phones but larger phone screens could work well with landscape mode. There’s enough screen real estate to still have decent travel on the mixer sliders etc...Landscape option would be a workflow godsend imho :)

It's on my TODO to look into if this would be possible/useful.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

You can try Audiobus on iPhone, works the best for me in landscape mode and app switching and it’s very capable too. ApeMatrix is nice too on iPhone. I use AUM everyday on my 7 Plus but not in for its landscape mode, waiting for an update.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've given up on using AUM & AudioShare on my iPhone 8 for field-recording duties.
    Even though I miss processing the audio before recording(noise reduction, gate/expand/compress etc) I've learned to live with TwistedWave and doing processing in post.

The 'Rotatathon' (nice word hehe) drives me nuts as the only way to get somewhat usable UI size for AUv3 plug-ins is using them in landscape mode while the rest of AUM insists on being portrait mode... So an update is most welcome!

• I don’t know your workflow, but Audiobus can do almost everything AUM can do.

For audio busses, you can use apeMatrix AU send receive, it will allow all kind of routing including parallel processing.

AB already have nice midi capabilities including midi learn and presets load by midi. You can use Rozeta LFO or FAC Envolver to modulate AU parameters.

Audio recording is still missing, this is where you can use AUM as AB nodes, or Blocswave, or any DAW. GarageBand works so perfectly on iPhone with Audiobus.

This is while waiting for AB update with internal busses and audio recording which is planned :smile:

• @Samu said:
    I've given up on using AUM & AudioShare on my iPhone 8 for field-recording duties.
    Even though I miss processing the audio before recording(noise reduction, gate/expand/compress etc) I've learned to live with TwistedWave and doing processing in post.

The 'Rotatathon' (nice word hehe) drives me nuts as the only way to get somewhat usable UI size for AUv3 plug-ins is using them in landscape mode while the rest of AUM insists on being portrait mode... So an update is most welcome!

Is twisted wave basically audacity ?