Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

CPU Load Comparison Article - Contributions Welcome (PLEASE HELP!)

Misconceptions about what the CPU load indicators mean are so common that I've tried to get an article started on the wiki and hope that knowledgeable folks here can help improve and refine it so that we can just point to the article when the topic rears its head.

I've made a rough start at:
https://wiki.audiob.us/cpu_load_comparisons_and_testing

If you have something to add or correct or good threads or articles here or elsewhere to point to, please consider sharing your expertise.

Comments

• edited June 2019

Great idea.

I’d also love us to attemt to devise a system for benchmarking plugins too.

It’ll probably be tricky, but ideally we would be able to give every plugin a universal CPU load rating from 1-10

And also give an estimated load capacity for each iPad model. For example, a 2018 iPad pro might have 40 units capacity (potentially)

• There are some methods that people used for running some benchmarks and I have linked to threads that mentioned them. Perhaps someone would be willing to add sections to the wiki article with the recipes used (and links back to the source)?

• @tk32 said:
    Great idea.

I’d also love us to attemt to devise a system for benchmarking plugins too.

It’ll probably be tricky, but ideally we would be able to give every plugin a universal CPU load rating from 1-10

And also give an estimated load capacity for each iPad model. For example, a 2018 iPad pro might have 40 units capacity (potentially)

I also like the idea @espiegel123 and really like the benchmarking idea along with cpu load rating as suggested by @tk32 and agree that it’s very tricky since everyone’s workflows/hosts/devices have such wide variation, but nowhere near that of desktop. It seems doable with some dedication, cooperation and a format of some sort to maintain result consistency.