Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• Isn't it the info Matt Fletcher used for the awesome TB Midi -> Gadget randomizer?

• edited June 2019

I have no idea who posted the Gadget CC info, I just saved the pictures for eventual later use. I can’t find the source thread at this moment, so let’s thanks the author of this valuable info, whoever he/she is.

Some additional pictures I saved:

• Apparently some sort of demo will take place the 28th.
    Don’t think I’ll like that Otorii interface, main parameters spread over 2 pages (and a third for fx).

• Looking forward to this...hopefully they also add a sampler with adsr and filter

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Looking forward to this...hopefully they also add a sampler with adsr and filter

Propellerheads Reason's NN-XT sampler would be fantastic!
    They already added the incredible Stockholm REX slicer and synth into Gadget, and NN-XT is one of the few addons I would call 'instabuy'.
    I really don't need japanese toys to make music.

• New update is fantastic. Feels smoother and I like the new folder design and the grid looks amazing. Even working in the automation works flawlessly.

• edited June 2019

I like the new sample browser, hope it finds its way to ‘Stockholm’ too as I already have my REX files inside a separate folder which I can see in the new sample browser but can not access them from the Stockholm Gadget :)

Also hope the new rename, move and create folder options will be added to to support the project files...

• edited June 2019

A bit funny implementation, but nice to have better control. Agree that it should work for the Stockholm browser as well.

• I’m not so sure just now as I use (well used!) dropbox as you could preview and download samples in the app....now I have to go into the files app, find Dropbox, open it up, I’m no longer able to preview my samples and I then have to download, import into the app, then listen to and if I don’t like or don’t want I then have to delete in the app....rinse and repeat unless I am missing something??

• edited June 2019

Also how do you upload local files to the cloud? Ah sussed it

• Seems very laggy tho which is winding me up

• So are all samples now just in the cloud??

• They done fucked it up

• LOL, The first thing I did when the update dropped was to look after the two new Gadgets but who knows, maybe we'll get another update before June ends :)

Now that 'folders, rename and move' are present for sample management I do hope we'll get a 'render scenes & tracks' to audio for some re-sampling and well, some kind of 'track routing' could be nice to route Gadget tracks to the Audio Gadgets.

I do feel that a totally revamped file-management will pop up at some point and who knows, when iOS13/iPadOS with all the improvements regarding file-management things do look pretty good.

• wtf it takes me like 2 minutes to switch from „factory“ to „local“ the new sample browser is unusable when its this laggy

• @ratti said:
    wtf it takes me like 2 minutes to switch from „factory“ to „local“ the new sample browser is unusable when its this laggy

Instant change here, like no wait at all.
    I'm on the classic iPad Air 2, iOS12.3.1...

• @DaveMagoo said:
    Also how do you upload local files to the cloud? Ah sussed it

Please hit the 3dots-menu and select Move and navigate to iCloud.

• @ratti said:
    wtf it takes me like 2 minutes to switch from „factory“ to „local“ the new sample browser is unusable when its this laggy

How many samples in the "local"? And let me know your device info?

• R_2R_2
    edited June 2019

Samples previously uploaded to iCloud don’t load into the gadgets with this update.
    All my old songs are broke now. Samples saved in iCloud are silent and have N/A in the name field.
    Going into the sample menu and ‘re-loading’ them again results in resetting all markers in Abu Dhabi... :s

@ioue said:

@ratti said:

1 sec of lag going from Factory to Local, 90 samples (iPad Pro 9.7).
    I don’t like having all the .rx2 files cluttering up the list. Same for the .montpellier_programs and lexington_programs back ups.

• edited June 2019

@R_2 said:
    Samples previously uploaded to iCloud don’t load into the gadgets with this update.
    All my old songs are broke now. Samples saved in iCloud are silent and have N/A in the name field.
    Going into the sample menu and ‘re-loading’ them again results in resetting all markers in Abu Dhabi... :s

@ioue said:

@ratti said:

1 sec of lag going from Factory to Local, 90 samples (iPad Pro 9.7).
    I don’t like having all the .rx2 files cluttering up the list. Same for the .montpellier_programs and lexington_programs back ups.

FOA, sorry for this issue. But of course this is not intended. Could you give me one of your project (gdproj2) ? Also could you double check whether the samples are downloaded in iCloud through Files.app etc?
    If you do not like to share your proj here, could you use our support desk here > https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new ?

90 samples in 1 sec.

Umm.. I will re-investigate this.

This is the part I wondered how I should implement. Then I decided to show up all the contents in the folders because I thought users wanted to organize their files with the folders. I of course can show only folders and audio files, but this is weird to me since the contents shown in the list are not the same as ones in Files.app.

• tjatja
    edited June 2019

Oh. We have someone from Korg here?
    I'm impressed.
    Welcome, @ioue

On topic, I would be more happy with a new thread in the forum or each new update of an App.

Those monster threads don't really help. In this Gadget thread we can see this very well. Nobody can say which comment is about which version.
    And who will ever start to read that whole molloch? ;)

• Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

• @ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

That's very good to hear!
    And I understand.

• don’t like it without search. Also how many nested folders can we make? It’s pretty crashy at the moment but I am STOKED that it’s finally a thing. Definitely needs more work. The Electribe Wave sample import was perfect even with the 64 mb limitation because samples could easily be swapped in and out of the “temporary memory” and keeping the folders intact.

• @tja said:

@ioue said:
    Honestly there might be things I could not comment here, but I would like you to remember we are watching and listen to your voice as much as possible.

That's very good to hear!
    And I understand.

Welcome @ioue

As @tja says it's encouraging to have you here and also to know that you have been listening :)

If you want to tell me all your secrets you can, I promise I won't tell anyone :D

• @ioue said:

@R_2 said:

FOA, sorry for this issue. But of course this is not intended. Could you give me one of your project (gdproj2) ? Also could you double check whether the samples are downloaded in iCloud through Files.app etc?
    If you do not like to share your proj here, could you use our support desk here > https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new ?

I’ll attach a zip of the proj to my old report at your support desk (will include a link to this message).
    The samples are downloaded, they appear in the Files.app and they even show up in the iCloud list in Gadget (preview with play button works normally). They just don’t appear in their locations (Bilbao, AbhuDhabi, Vancouver). Was working fine yesterday in version 4.2.0.
    My iPhone still has version 4.2.0 and the iCloud samples are loaded in normally.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@R_2 said:

@ioue said:

@R_2 said:

I’ll attach a zip of the proj to my old report at your support desk (will include a link to this message).
    The samples are downloaded, they appear in the Files.app and they even show up in the iCloud list in Gadget (preview with play button works normally). They just don’t appear in their locations (Bilbao, AbhuDhabi, Vancouver). Was working fine yesterday in version 4.2.0.
    My iPhone still has version 4.2.0 and the iCloud samples are loaded in normally.

I really appreciate your support. I will take a look at the proj .. tomorrow (Sorry, but it's 7pm here in Tokyo). I will get back to you as soon as possible.

• @BCKeys said:
    Ok, I think I am stupid.. 👀 I get the update yesterday but I don't see what exactly changed ?

@ioue said:

Glad to see people from Korg Team here, ioue 👍

Are you maybe working on a new management of the presets ? Gadget is my #1 music app, just because it's the only one that makes it possible to do everything, imo.
    But I often have a little trouble finding myself among the thousands of presets.
    A search bar would be welcome, or a system of favorites, or grouping all gadgets with categories in a search panel (leads, horns, EP's, strings..), or any idea that would better navigate 🙂

My other request is please, never stop Gadget ! ❤️😋

Honestly, search option is undergoing, you may see that option in the next few updates at least.

• And... I do not forget about Stockholm, of course.