Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM statesafe problem ... time out

Hi to all!

I have a problem with the statesafe of AUM in AB. I am using AB in combination with AUM. In AB I load some standalone Apps an route the signals to AUM-channels. In AUM I load some other apps as AUs. With my old ipad saving the setup was no problem. Now I bought an iPad Pro and on this device I get the message „AUM statesafe failed. Time out“ if I try to safe my setup in AB.

Someone else have this issue? Is there something I can do?

Thx & regards

Comments

• I have noticed this somewhat frequently, but can't determine exactly why.

It seems to happen more frequently when AUM in under a heavy load, so especially when AUM's transport is running, etc. Stopping everything seems to help.

Sometimes however I can't seem to update an existing Audiobus preset, AUM will keep timing out. What often works is saving as a brand new Audiobus preset instead of updating an existing one.

• @aplourde said:
    I have noticed this somewhat frequently, but can't determine exactly why.

It seems to happen more frequently when AUM in under a heavy load, so especially when AUM's transport is running, etc. Stopping everything seems to help.

Sometimes however I can't seem to update an existing Audiobus preset, AUM will keep timing out. What often works is saving as a brand new Audiobus preset instead of updating an existing one.

There are some things in the latest AB beta that may help with this issue.

• Are you guys seeing this timeout stuff with the latest version of Audiobus on the app store? Should be fixed there I think

• @Michael. I’m getting the same thing trying to save an AB preset with AUM in the input slot containing several channels, mostly AU’s and 1 IAA. Pro 11.
    I’m getting the same message as @Lycaan

• Which Audiobus version?

• edited June 2019

I use the latest AB Version 3.4.1

I am just wondering because I recognice this issue only on my iPad pro...on my older ipad 2017 I never had problems with statesave AUM

• Hmm okay. Let me look into it.

• @Michael said:
    Which Audiobus version?

Also latest version for me.

• @Michael said:
    Hmm okay. Let me look into it.

Great thx!

• edited June 2019

Okay, think I can resolve this - it's actually a bug that was in the SDK, now fixed since the last update but needs developers to update it in their apps, so the fix will trickle out. Until then I'll just up the retry count a bit, should be fine.

• @Michael said:
    Okay, think I can resolve this - it's actually a bug that was in the SDK, now fixed since the last update but needs developers to update it in their apps, so the fix will trickle out. Until then I'll just up the retry count a bit, should be fine.

Awesome. Thanks Michael. It’s the only glitch I’ve run into with the Pro 11” since I got it. Only had it a week but I’ve been putting it through the paces.
    I’m guessing there’ll be plenty more.
    Always is right?

• C'est la vie!

• @Michael said:

Thx a lot!

• @Ben said:
    It’s the only glitch I’ve run into with the Pro 11” since I got it.

Same here

• Okay, just released the new version of Audiobus: this should be all good now. Let me know if not!

• Hi Michael, great thank you very much. I will try it out in afternoon and let you how it works 😄

• Sorry for late response. All is working fine now, thx.

• edited October 2019

This morning I had this prob again... maybe because of the update to iPadOS 13.1.1?

• @Michael said:
    Okay, just released the new version of Audiobus: this should be all good now. Let me know if not!

Any idea what I can do?

• @Lycaan said:
    This morning I had this prob again... maybe because of the update to iPadOS 13.1.1?

Oh dear! Would you mind sending me some diagnostics? Here’s how: using the latest version of Audiobus, open the system preferences app, then find Audiobus, and turn on Diagnostic Mode. Then open Audiobus, and recreate the problem. Finally, open Audiobus settings, and tap Get Support.

• @Michael said:

@Lycaan said:

Oh dear! Would you mind sending me some diagnostics? Here’s how: using the latest version of Audiobus, open the system preferences app, then find Audiobus, and turn on Diagnostic Mode. Then open Audiobus, and recreate the problem. Finally, open Audiobus settings, and tap Get Support.

Thank you, mail is on the way

• Thanks @Lycaan ! Still mysterious... is this happening with a particular configuration? Would you share a preset with me (once you’ve gotten it to save!), if so?

• @Michael said:
    Thanks @Lycaan ! Still mysterious... is this happening with a particular configuration? Would you share a preset with me (once you’ve gotten it to save!), if so?

Never mind! Of course, it's in the data you sent me =) Investigating with Jonatan now.

• edited October 2019

@Michael said:

@Michael said:
    Thanks @Lycaan ! Still mysterious... is this happening with a particular configuration? Would you share a preset with me (once you’ve gotten it to save!), if so?

Never mind! Of course, it's in the data you sent me =) Investigating with Jonatan now.

Ok, thank you very much! 🙏🙏 I always use this setup...nave, animoog, FieldScaper in AB and my Audiounits and one audioinput (hardware synth) in AUM