Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence & iOS synths : playing a sequence, tweaking synth live, recording audio : easiest way?

Hi

I am trying to play midi sequences in loop with Xequence through synths like Model D, Model 15 and others, only one synth at a time, tweak those synths live (with a midi bluetooth controller) for a few minutes and record the result as a stereo audio file for re-use in DAW

How can I do that, with AUM? Other softs?

Thanks for any input

Best

Nico

Comments

• AUM is made for that.

• @saxophonick said:
    Hi

I am trying to play midi sequences in loop with Xequence through synths like Model D, Model 15 and others, only one synth at a time, tweak those synths live (with a midi bluetooth controller) for a few minutes and record the result as a stereo audio file for re-use in DAW

Thanks for any input

Best

Nico

Are you having some problems? You can certainly do that.

• @Halftone said:
    AUM is made for that.

Thanks, awesome!

• @espiegel123 said:

@saxophonick said:
    Hi

Thanks for any input

Best

Nico

You could say that ! Too many apps (apphoarder), bought for when I have spare time, turns out to be not enough time, except now on holidays, end up not knowing how to do stuff with half of them :/

So now I simplify my iOS music goals, even so I stumble upon simple question marks that seem puzzling, forum here is friendly enough to ask, so here you go :)

• @saxophonick said:

@espiegel123 said:

@saxophonick said:
    Hi

Thanks for any input

Best

Nico

You could say that ! Too many apps (apphoarder), bought for when I have spare time, turns out to be not enough time, except now on holidays, end up not knowing how to do stuff with half of them :/

So now I simplify my iOS music goals, even so I stumble upon simple question marks that seem puzzling, forum here is friendly enough to ask, so here you go :)

Where are you getting tripped up? What you describe is pretty straightforward. Without knowing specifically what the stumbling block is, it is a little hard to advise.

Do you have Xequence successfully playing synths loaded in AUM? If not, see the guide to setting that up in the Xeq docs.

Anything that is playing in AUM can be recorded by record-enabling the lane and pressing the record button.

It is often convenient to use Audiobus 3 as part of a setup like this as it gives you access to both apps play and record buttons regardless of which one is the visible one.

• @espiegel123 said:

Where are you getting tripped up? What you describe is pretty straightforward. Without knowing specifically what the stumbling block is, it is a little hard to advise.

Do you have Xequence successfully playing synths loaded in AUM? If not, see the guide to setting that up in the Xeq docs.

Anything that is playing in AUM can be recorded by record-enabling the lane and pressing the record button.

It is often convenient to use Audiobus 3 as part of a setup like this as it gives you access to both apps play and record buttons regardless of which one is the visible one.

Thanks espiegel, the stumbling block is general : have too many apps and stopped trying to interconnect many of them DAW style some time ago because connecting more than 4 apps at a time cause me a headache :) and lack of time to delve properly into it. For now I understood AUM will do what I need, which is what I was looking for. Good to know for Audiobus, thanks!

You can say I got caught up in the illusion interconnecting apps, MIDI, transport, audio would be a simple thing as on desktop/laptops, but many apps have one interconnectivity feature lacking, or iOS limitations, timing issues, hanging etc... That being said Audiobus and AUM brought a lot of solutions to the table, but often by the time I finish setting up apps together, the thrill is gone or my iOS playtime is up ;)

Thanks for the help

Best

Nico

• @saxophonick said:

@espiegel123 said:

Thanks espiegel, the stumbling block is general : have too many apps and stopped trying to interconnect many of them DAW style some time ago because connecting more than 4 apps at a time cause me a headache :) and lack of time to delve properly into it. For now I understood AUM will do what I need, which is what I was looking for. Good to know for Audiobus, thanks!

You can say I got caught up in the illusion interconnecting apps, MIDI, transport, audio would be a simple thing as on desktop/laptops, but many apps have one interconnectivity feature lacking, or iOS limitations, timing issues, hanging etc... That being said Audiobus and AUM brought a lot of solutions to the table, but often by the time I finish setting up apps together, the thrill is gone or my iOS playtime is up ;)

Thanks for the help

Best

Nico

If you save your setups, it takes just a tap or two to reopen he setup.

the Xequence manual's short setup chapters are worth reading.

If you need more help, mentioning the specific apps you are having trouble setting up and what the trouble is will help us help you.