Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

FabFilter Pro-Q3 for iOS?

As it seems, there is a new Q3 ...
On iOS, both Auria Pro and as AU, i can only see Q2.

I was on the fence to get Q2 AU, because sometimes i just want to check something and do not like to start the big Auria Pro for this.

But then, why buy Q2, when there may soon be Q3?

I’m not even sure about the differences, but anyway, has anybody heard something about Q3 on iOS?
Or in Auria Pro ...

Comments

• @tja said:
    As it seems, there is a new Q3 ...
    On iOS, both Auria Pro and as AU, i can only see Q2.

I was on the fence to get Q2 AU, because sometimes i just want to check something and do not like to start the big Auria Pro for this.

But then, why buy Q2, when there may soon be Q3?

I’m not even sure about the differences, but anyway, has anybody heard something about Q3 on iOS?
    Or in Auria Pro ...

all I've heard was that ProQ3 for ios was "coming soon"

• edited February 2019

Pro-Q2 is pretty amazing. Works great at AUv3 on iOS. If you need it now, just get it!

No news on when Q 3 will be available on iOS, but the FabFilter website has a list of NEW and IMPROVED features for Pro-Q 3 https://www.fabfilter.com/products/pro-q-3-equalizer-plug-in

That should be enough to tell you if you want to wait for Q 3 or go ahead and get Q2.

• edited February 2019

personally, I would rather see some of the other FabFilter plugins get ported to AUv3 for iOS before the new version of Pro-Q.

reverb, limiter, compression, yes please.

• edited February 2019

those are pretty awesome features in Q3

• Dynamic EQ mode for all bands
    • External spectrum visualization from any other Pro-Q 3 instance, including collision detection
    • Per-band mid/side or left/right processing, so you can EQ the mid, side, left or right signals separately

I would buy it just for every single feature from this list, to have all of them - priceless.

Questiom is when it will be released on iOS. Month ? Half year ? Year ? Nobody knows, but lack of any official statement is not good sign, in my opinion...

• OK, thanks....

Going to stay with my Auria Pro Plugins for the next time

• They tend to release one new product a year in mid-October, and then it gets ported to Auria Pro in an update that usually comes late-February/early-March. As for AUv3, I've lost all hope they'll continue those as they've said nothing further since shortly after the release of ProQ2 6-7 months ago.

• edited February 2019

" I can't promise any specific release dates but we are eager to port more plug-ins to iOS.

Cheers,

Frederik (FabFilter) — Oct 23, 2018"

https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/2687/ios-audiounit?replies=22#comment10174

• I will buy any AU plugin they release. Q2 is awesome.

• edited February 2019

@drez said:
    I will buy any AU plugin they release. Q2 is awesome.

yes!! We want them and we will buy them all. there are loads of us hungry iPad users here, FabFilter. But keep the prices competitive otherwise we'll just go back to our laptops.

• edited February 2019

@AudioGus said:
    " I can't promise any specific release dates but we are eager to port more plug-ins to iOS.
    Cheers,
    Frederik (FabFilter) — Oct 23, 2018"
    https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/2687/ios-audiounit?replies=22#comment10174

Aaaah.. just give me that damn Saturn AUv3 and my world will be complete. Beautifully distored in soo many bands...

• Any update on this ?

• @hisdudeness said:
    Any update on this ?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• edited June 2019

@hisdudeness said:
    Any update on this ?

Yes! Its broken. :(

• Broke or not it’s still a thing of sublime beauty.
    Ive given up on making music and just make tones that look good after a jolly good fft. Woot, woot

• @AudioGus said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Any update on this ?

It doesn't seem broken beyond the recall, which is workaroundable for now. You know they'll fix it asap. Was there something else buggy about it?

• @AudioGus said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Any update on this ?

what does this mean?

does not show up for me?

• @hisdudeness said:

@AudioGus said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Any update on this ?

what does this mean?

does not show up for me?

Search the App Store for “FabFilter”. :D

• @Beathoven said:

@hisdudeness said:

@AudioGus said:

@hisdudeness said:
    Any update on this ?

what does this mean?

does not show up for me?

Search the App Store for “FabFilter”. :D

I was actually looking for Auria version, i assumed they would have updated that too, looks like they have not yet

• edited July 2019

Eq doesn't work on the iospad beta i find

• @hisdudeness said:
    I was actually looking for Auria version, i assumed they would have updated that too, looks like they have not yet

My understanding is that FabFilter has no plans to offer Pro-Q3 directly in the Auria store. However, as it's available as a standalone audio unit, you can buy it through the Apple App Store and run it within Auria just as you would any other audio unit.