Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Output Arcade.....???????

https://output.com

Anyone buy or try this?

Always up for something new and wondering feedback on this?

Comments

• Thought this looked familiar http://cdm.link/2018/09/output-hooked-vocal-hooks/

Any who, not iOS so not something I’m too interested in, BUT, seems like a cool idea. I’m not against these subscriptions with nice libraries that ever expand.

• I use it with my Arturia key step; endlessly creating mad sequences. It’s probably the best original loop generator I’ve ever owned.

• This stuff just feels like using a coloring book or paint by numbers. Seems fun, but there’s so many tools and techniques to do this stuff from scratch, even for non-musically gifted types like me.

I don’t know how you’d ever develop your own sound or “thing” using all this stuff other people made...

Why not just throw a bunch of shit in AUM, mess with it for an hour while you’re recording it, bring it into audio evolution and grab interesting loops, bring them into launch pad and go nuts...

Would prob take less time than scrolling through presets...

• It can be as simple or as complex as you make it, but it’s probably not for purists who don’t use samples, even if they’re being molded into something new.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

I think Virsyn could come close to that with AudioLayer if they want to.
    Add some Reslice function to AudioLayer, time stretching and some features.
    But you could use BeatMaker 3 with the right techniques

• It’s great. I use it in nearly every session. And no one would ever know I was a paint by numbers producer! ;)

• @DCJ said:
    It’s great. I use it in nearly every session. And no one would ever know I was a paint by numbers producer! ;)

Finger painting...

• I read somewhere that there was a law suit for them using copy written samples...i think it was disgruntled post on Facebook tho, probably not true

• edited June 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

@DCJ said:
    It’s great. I use it in nearly every session. And no one would ever know I was a paint by numbers producer! ;)

Finger painting...

Good ideas, loop packs but packaged as a vst rather than boring zip folders. That glitchy sound is getting tired though, writing music that can be played on conventional instruments is so much more satisfying IMO.

• edited June 2019

hmm works like this.. Not over thinking it.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@DCJ said:

Finger painting...

Good ideas, loop packs but packaged as a vst rather than boring zip folders. That glitchy sound is getting tired though, writing music that can be played on conventional instruments is so much more satisfying IMO.

Agree 100%

I loaded a new crisp clean 808 /909/ and sync drum pack into Circuit and wow I was joyed to the contrast of the lofi glitch stuff I had been working with