Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Does anyone know of a cheapish iPad compatible audio interface with at least 8 lines in?

Looking to buy a multitrack audio interface for my iPad.

Comments

• Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 .

I had the 2i2 and it worked great with iOS

• Behringer UMC1820 is by far the cheapest for 8 inputs.

• edited June 2019

@nondes said:
    Behringer UMC1820 is by far the cheapest for 8 inputs.

Nice one, yep those Behringer UMC interfaces are solid. I have the 404HD.

This UMC1820 looks like a better option than the Focusrite, just cause it has 8 XLR inputs.

• I have the behringer unit too, and I think it’s great. The first one I got had a bad transformer, but the replacement has been online for a year. Very handy.

• edited June 2019

Motu 8A or 16A.

Not the cheapest, but running the best converter chips available.

• @BroCoast said:
    Motu 8A or 16A.

Not the cheapest, but running the best converter chips available.

Love my Ultralite Mk4; Works great as a standalone mixer when not pulling interface duty.

• Thanks folks. It’s much appreciated.

• edited June 2019
  • TC Helicon Blender, 12 in, 2 out, all stereo minijacks.
    Behringer X Air 18, 18 in, 8 out, balanced.
    Have them both and they work great.
    Only 48KHz though.

• @Alfred said:
    TC Helicon Blender, 12 in, 2 out, all stereo minijacks.

huh, this one's new to me.. looks a bit flimsy. Any problems with noise? curious to hear how well this thing actually works as it's pretty hard to find portable interfaces with more than 2 mono inputs.

• @Alfred said:
    TC Helicon Blender, 12 in, 2 out, all stereo minijacks.

That looks ideal. Thanks.

• I ended up ordering the Behringer UMC1820. The online reviews and midi ports swung it for me. Thanks folks for your help.

• Great choice @cyberheater , wantend one but could not wait that long, then...

@palm The blender is pretty sturdy and sounds clean. Works great with audiobus.

When I have problems with humming noise it is caused by a ground loop, one charger for three iDevices wil do that. Get some groundloop isolators from Ali baba for that :smile: