Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any1 still use Flux fx?

Hey,

I can't get it to open in audiobus, I'm on 11.3. It won't save it's state, even if it's technically open in the background. Has anyone had success with this app? It has cool capabilities.

Thanks

Comments

• They basically updated it for 11 to abandon it again. I’ve had more issues than I can count since then and no response from developers. Wish I never bought it.

• edited April 2018

And, there was so much hype around it. I really enjoyed it, but it was really neglected.

• Nah, they gave up and so did I. Would not trust developer again.

• edited April 2018

The developer was an active member here who called himself "Noiise" I expect he made a big mistake having the App endorsed by guitarist ADRIAN BELEW who would no doubt need a cut of the profits. I bought both Flux apps and I do feel a bit cheated because Noiise complained very soon after launch that he wasn't making enough money to make maintenance worth his while, Sadly I don't believe his heart was in his creation, I loved this App.

• I'd be more than happy to see a new developer who has enough experience with IAA, AUv3 and MIDI control to step in and develop a new sequenceable, modulatable, controllable Multi-FX app.
    For the time being, we can spend our time with the FX working in our DAW of choice plus automation, or use apps like Analogkit, zMors Modular and Audulus.
    ROTOR is fun too, for both synthesis and FX.
    And MobMuPlat.
    Of course, none of them is as immediate and well-integrated as flux:fx except ROTOR maybe.

As for the iOS updates - I do really hesitate to update until I really know which apps won't be usable anymore after the update. From the pure audio/music apps aspect, new iOS versions usually break more than they add in useful features.
    Apple mainly do it for good and they try to keep their OS' structure rather clean, but not being able to use newer apps with higher iOS requirements can still be better than having to stop using some older apps you love.

• I'm not 100% sure, but have a strong suspect that a lot of updates developers had to add to stay IOS 11 compliant, even throws back into an IOS 9 system.
    AUM has developed quite an amount if random glitches here when using it for guitar and bass - simple stuff, not even driving it hard in CPU resources.

As for FluxFX: it's a nice live processor, but I never liked the engine for studio recording - it's just too grainy for my taste.

• It works as an IAA FX in AUM, so is this an issue at Flux end?

• Ah, I hope we get at least one more update on this app, so I'll know never to upgrade IOS again. Come on developers, please help us out! We feel stranded!

• Overrated tripe

IMO

B)

• edited April 2018

I missed this one, actually looks pretty cool, lets hope the dev updates it and drops the price while hes at it.

Edit: and does every app with sequenceable fx go under? Seems like a curse!

• App is amazing and one of the best designed and most creative interfaces on iOS platform. Unfortunately it’s been plagued by unresolved compatibility issues for a long time.

• It's a magnificent app. Praying for a sudden pour of developer-developing.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Overrated tripe

IMO

B)

Mine too.

• @OscarSouth said:
    App is amazing and one of the best designed and most creative interfaces on iOS platform. Unfortunately it’s been plagued by unresolved compatibility issues for a long time.

+1

• @Proppa said:
    It's a magnificent app. Praying for a sudden pour of developer-developing.

+1

• edited April 2018

You know what’s odd? So I’ve tried loading FluxFX in Audiobus3 on my ipad6, and no go... but FluxFX:Play apparently loads fine in Audiobus3 on my iPhone8plus. Maybe take this with a grain of salt... I haven’t tested fully with an audio interface.

[the situation above is using the latest iOS 11.3]

• It works ok in AUM as IAA in iOS 11.2 on ipad pro

• I hope it gets updated. My favourite app.

• I used to love this app...however it’s been useless to me. Constant crash. ElasticFX is a great alternative. Based off the time the developer put into ElasticDrums, I’m sure we’ll see great updates in the future. It’s already got automation, just not sequencable automations like FluxFX. PLEASE UPDATE IT!

• i used it last night through Aum. worked great. however, I had a lot of problems with it crashes a while back. Fun app, but it needs a refresh.

• The Developer Website and App Support link listed in app store are dead: http://flux.noii.se/

The app kind of works, but don't press the "f" logo in upper left corner or your screen will lock in full screen graphic mode. A label appears to say Tap To Return but it doesn't respond to taps and soon disappears.

• @mojozart said:
    The Developer Website and App Support link listed in app store are dead: http://flux.noii.se/

The app kind of works, but don't press the "f" logo in upper left corner or your screen will lock in full screen graphic mode. A label appears to say Tap To Return but it doesn't respond to taps and soon disappears.

That link is working for me. Maybe their server was temporarily offline.

• Maybe your page is cached? 😀

Is there by chance any way to send feedback to developer?

• edited June 2019

The site works when I use a VPN through a different country server, but not direct for me, so looks like it's some kind of server thing.

email is [email protected]

• @mojozart said:
    Maybe your page is cached? 😀

I doubt it. I've never visited it before and was able to get to it via my phone while I was out and my desktop machine now.

• I have shades of the lost-old-girlfriend regret with this one....

• I too was never really keen, so I fobbed her off onto @JohnnyGoodyear :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I too was never really keen, so I fobbed her off onto @JohnnyGoodyear :p

...and she broke my heart, moved to another state, sent me invisible notes about how she was setting to die and then went silently about it. Miserable business.

• @mojozart said:

All good in Canada...

• @espiegel123 said:

@mojozart said:

I doubt it. I've never visited it before and was able to get to it via my phone while I was out and my desktop machine now.

Website doesn't work for me either (in New Zealand). Used to be ok.

After a belated update for 64-bit in in 2017, nothing further has been done with this app. None of the numerous bugs were ever addressed - a real shame as I liked it and used it a fair bit. I doubt if you'll get a reply anymore from the dev either.